Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Does Liffey valley gift card work elsewhere

Options
  • 19-09-2015 3:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

Sorry this is not exactly a consumer issue so mods please move if appropriate.
    I got a 100e Liffey valley gift card recently. It is mastercard so just wondering would it work outside of the shopping center. Tried to use it on a transaction over the phone and it declined

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

http://www.multicentre.eu/terms.asp
    13. Gift Cards can be exchanged at participating retail outlets in the following shopping centres only: Liffey Valley Shopping Centre (Dublin), Northside Shopping Centre (Dublin), Mahon Point Shopping Centre (Cork), Merchants Quay Shopping Centre (Cork), Douglas Court Shopping Centre (Cork), Manor West Retail Park (Tralee) and Whitewater Shopping Centre (Newbridge).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Ah crap. Wanted to use it in argos or Smyth's. Thanks though

• Registered Users Posts: 13,770 ✭✭✭✭Dial Hard

You can use it anywhere that accepts credit cards, it's essentially a pre-paid Mastercard.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭irishgirl19

Dial Hard wrote:
    You can use it anywhere that accepts credit cards, it's essentially a pre-paid Mastercard.

Thanks I can confirm it works when its swiped wouldn't work when I called the shop though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭matchthis

I had a similar thing with the square and dixons many moons ago. I ended up using the shopping centre vouchers to buy dixons vouchers and then went into town to purchase as they had it in stock

• Advertisement
Advertisement