Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

L.S.F wrote: »
    and second predicament is which United player do I take out?

Have Depay in from the start and just waiting for him to explode (like Sanchez, Aguero & Silva!!) Bought at £8.5 he's down to £8.3

Darmain bought at £5.5 worth £5.8m now

DeGea bought at £5.3m and rised .1 so don't get that back in transfer.

2 Free Transfers this week
    darmian has been pretty poor last 2 weeks
    looks tired........won't be surprised if he gets a rest soon and fixtures are not great either
    I'd keep de gea and depay for now

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Think it will be Yoshida to Bertrand with the FT.
    Think they expect to give him 60mins tonight in U21 game.
    Tough fixtures short term but a season keeper if he stays fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I really did have my contrary heart quite set on Diego. :(

Not convinced by Hazard yet, not sure about Pedro either. Plus I've nobody in my midfield I want to drop (Sanchez, Mahrez, Ayew, Yaya). If I was changing the Ayew spot it would preferably be back to Payet who has two great fixtures and 3 of the next 5 away, which for West Ham it seems is a good thing.

How risky would it be to continue without Chelsea cover for Newcastle away!?! Actually finding this the most head wrecking week decision wise yet (partly because Martial is calling to me like cocaine to an addict with his price rise frenzy :)).

Gomis possibly dropping tonight doesn't affect me so assuming I stick to the Nón to Martial plan I can stew for a while longer I suppose.

ElTel wrote: »
    Think it will be Yoshida to Bertrand with the FT.
    Think they expect to give him 60mins tonight in U21 game.
    Tough fixtures short term but a season keeper if he stays fit.

He played 45 in the U21 game. I doubt he'll start straight away tbh.

FHFC wrote: »
    He played 45 in the U21 game. I doubt he'll start straight away tbh.

Yeah.
    Will play it safe and bring JOS in.
    Could be 5.3m when fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,850 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Yeah.
    Will play it safe and bring JOS in.
    Could be 5.3m when fit.

JOS as in John O'Shea that plays for sunderland?

How is that playing it safe, they have u united away who have found their scoring boots. A watford defender like Nyom would be better shout.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

L.S.F wrote: »
    Think I have to bring in Martial in but for whom?

Aguero bought for £13.2m, sell £13.2m (no change)
    Wilson £5.5/£5.7 (lose 0.2)
    Gomis £7.2/£7.3 (lose 0.2)

Initial thought was Gomis but with Aguero on non scoring form at the moment with no value loss I'm looking at him now...
    Going to make tonight as suspect Martial will go up again.

Yeah I waited too long too. Ighalo and martial for aguero and gomis. Taking the pain. See how aguero goes this week whether he gets back in or another man city midfielder for the gw 8 &9...

Ace2007 wrote: »
    JOS as in John O'Shea that plays for sunderland?

How is that playing it safe, they have u united away who have found their scoring boots. A watford defender like Nyom would be better shout.

It's a move to a certain starter for 4.3m and little risk of another drop in value.
    Don't fancy Watford defence with Behrami missing.
    Agree Nyom (or Cathcart) are good picks for 4.5m.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Not convinced by Hazard yet, not sure about Pedro either. Plus I've nobody in my midfield I want to drop (Sanchez, Mahrez, Ayew, Yaya). If I was changing the Ayew spot it would preferably be back to Payet who has two great fixtures and 3 of the next 5 away, which for West Ham it seems is a good thing.

How risky would it be to continue without Chelsea cover for Newcastle away!?! Actually finding this the most head wrecking week decision wise yet (partly because Martial is calling to me like cocaine to an addict with his price rise frenzy :)).

Gomis possibly dropping tonight doesn't affect me so assuming I stick to the Nón to Martial plan I can stew for a while longer I suppose.

Why the urge for Chelsea? They beat Arsenal alright but the Costa incident at the end of the first half played a big part of their win. And Arsenal (Wenger) are actually the "best" team to suffer from Costa disgraceful acting.

I know Newcastle are crap at the moment but in the meantime they never conceded more than 2.

I'm not saying you don't need Chelsea cover but maybe waiting for their 3 home games in 4 in October would be better ? You'll also have Chelsea monitoring data from 3 more games (Walsall, Newcastle & Porto ; all away) so if they're really clicking on, you should really know for Saints at home.

• Advertisement

I'm surprised there has been little love for Struiddge, given that the love for tekkies was based on fixtures, i'm sure he'll get a run out during the week, and if tekkies is injured, then Struiddge should start against Villa at home.

iroced wrote: »
    Why the urge for Chelsea? They beat Arsenal alright but the Costa incident at the end of the first half played a big part of their win. And Arsenal (Wenger) are actually the "best" team to suffer from Costa disgraceful acting.

I know Newcastle are crap at the moment but in the meantime they never conceded more than 2.

I'm not saying you don't need Chelsea cover but maybe waiting for their 3 home games in 4 in October would be better ? You'll also have Chelsea monitoring data from 3 more games (Walsall, Newcastle & Porto ; all away) so if they're really clicking on, you should really know for Saints at home.

I can see both sides of the argument, and i have costa :(, but i think Iroced is right, chelsea aren't a team that win games 3/4 nil so i wouldn't be wasting a transfer to get chelsea lads in. Hazard has done very little so far this season, and was very fortune to get awarded that goal at the weekend.

If Costa does get suspended, who takes his place - Remy?

iroced wrote: »

Mmm. I'd like to wholeheartedly buy this argument but their general play was muchbetter even before the sending off. They had more than double the shots on goal and shots on target than Man Utd for example. (United had only 10 shots on goal, 3 on target in scoring 3 goals v Soton btw!!)

Hazards individual attacking stats are good too. The Costa charge will build up the siege mentality and Chelsea will hanmer someone soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

I'm surprised there has been little love for Struiddge, given that the love for tekkies was based on fixtures, i'm sure he'll get a run out during the week, and if tekkies is injured, then Struiddge should start against Villa at home.
    I guess it's purely because he was out.
    Also 'Pool fixtures ain't appealing (after Villa at home they'll have Everton, Spurs, Chelsea & Man City away for Saints & Palace at home -- hard to make it worse to be fair). Add that they're not playing great, particularly attacking-wise (though I totally give you that they missed Sturridge big time) and you get your answer ;).

Thing is Rodgers has to find the system to make his team work. Think it was Busts who analysed their team in depth and how they should line up to do better. He was right about Moreno anyway. Not sure Rodgers really listened to him overall though :p...
    If Costa does get suspended, who takes his place - Remy?
    I'm afraid (as a French - yeah I quite like Remy, a player with a good mentality) Falcao is above him.

If his situation doesn't change, Remy could miss the Euro. Should be a tough situation for him. Especially now that he's seeing Martial birth at top level... Martial who could well end up the season by taking his spot (or should I say the spot he didn't manage to be consistently convincing in) in the French team.

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Silva and Benteke out for Hazard and Pelle leaving the team I hope ye are all scrambing for soon

Myhill
    Kolorov, Evans, Gomez
    Sanchez(c), Hazard, Mata(v), Mahrez
    Aguero, Wilson, Pelle

McCarthy, Wanyama, Martin, Targett

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Hazard looked back to his best against Arsenal, could have scored a few more points quite easily and looked to be deserving of a penalty also.
    I've seen nothing of Pedro in a Chelsea shirt to convince me he'll come anywhere near Hazard when both come up to speed, I think he could be the kind of player who won't like the proverbial wet and windy Tuesday night at Stoke and may fall foul of the boss, I could well be wrong:pac:

Incidentally I only saw MOTD last night and I have to say that Fabregas delivery for Zouma's goal was excellent.:P

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 102 ✭✭My Darling Clementine

I have Costa

Do I stick with him considering he has an impending ban or is a transfer out for Rooney a good idea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

I have Costa

Do I stick with him considering he has an impending ban or is a transfer out for Rooney a good idea?

Getting rid is a good idea. Doing it for Rooney is a terrible idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

CSF wrote: »
    Getting rid is a good idea. Doing it for Rooney is a terrible idea.

This ^ times 1000

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

It's a move to a certain starter for 4.3m and little risk of another drop in value.
    Don't fancy Watford defence with Behrami missing.
    Agree Nyom (or Cathcart) are good picks for 4.5m.

He might be a certain starter...but in a team that are leaking goals. I got rid of him last week myself. Would rather invest the extra .2 for someone you might at least have a chance of getting a clean sheet out of.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Martial in for Gomis ( fear of missing out on his points) and - can't believe I am even considering this - Azpilicueta in for Shaw.

Newcastle and Sunderland poor form make me want players playing against them this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 17,638 ✭✭✭✭bangkok

looks like Costa will get a 3 game ban, Benteke out for 3 weeks.

Who to get in, Rondon or Berahinho??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,788 ✭✭✭Benimar

bangkok wrote: »
    looks like Costa will get a 3 game ban, Benteke out for 3 weeks.

Who to get in, Rondon or Berahinho??

Where did you read that? Last I heard he was having a scan tomorrow morning.

That would give me some headache. The obvious replacement is Martial, but I can't shake the feeling that is a bandwagon whose wheels are about to come off.

Other than that its a 'downgrade' to Ighalo or Wilson.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Away on hols so missed out on getting .3m from Gomis -> Martial but did it anyway today.

Have another free transfer to use but will wait until after the league cup game. Will probably be one of:

Ruddy -> Butland
    Gomez -> Dawson/Zouma
    Silva -> ???.

Have 1.5m in the bank so most options available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

I'm feeling some Zouma love so that would (will) be my transfer this GW. Would need to appreciate the balance of the rest of your side to understand the highest priority.

I think Butland will be a hero for save points but without any sign of Shawcross returning I don't see many clean sheets for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,303 ✭✭✭Mike Ehrmantraut

wonski wrote: »
    Martial in for Gomis ( fear of missing out on his points) and - can't believe I am even considering this - Azpilicueta in for Shaw.

Newcastle and Sunderland poor form make me want players playing against them this week.

Azpilicieta in for Shaw may not be worst idea. There are other options that may be just as good and cheaper but he's the one defender for Chelsea who's been picking up points and with good fixtures coming up, would expect Chelsea to improve.

He might be a certain starter...but in a team that are leaking goals. I got rid of him last week myself. Would rather invest the extra .2 for someone you might at least have a chance of getting a clean sheet out of.

He is now my cheapest defender and with Yedlin on loan I think there is a good chance for improvement. Advocat has got some good attacking options now and on paper I feel they're a better squad than last year. Manager had a little moan about the fitness of the new signings and with Kaboul and PVA not helping with their all to frequent lapses there are reasons/excuses for results and lack of clean sheets so far.
    Remember they had 12 cs (I think-JOS did at least) last season which is probably why he was in your team to begin with.
    I still have my WC and am waiting until after the international break at least to pull the trigger.
    Clean sheets for even the premium priced players will be tough this year.
    I feel there are still to many questions to be answered regarding many team defences so for me it was a case of safety first instead of going for Zouma say or spending 5m plus on west ham defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

Folks,

Trying to decide between Zouma and a WBA defender (most likely Dawson). Already have Azp and Kalarov.

Which would people go for?

Chelsea look to be back but doubling up on their defence with a player who might fall out of favor may not be the best move.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭GetWithIt

Gomez -> Zouma
    Coutinho -> Pedro
    or
    Gomez -> Any 3.9 defender
    Coutinho -> Hazard

Happy enough with my team and squad but think it's time to start rotating back in the big hitters.

I missed the last Chelsea game but, on the numbers, Hazard still looks the most consistent attacking option.

Adrian
    Gomez, Soare, Kolarov
    Payet, Mahrez, Ayew, Sanchez, Coutinho
    Wilson, Aguero

McCarthy, Vardy, Williams, Cedric

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Both Aguero and KDB scored tonight..Anyone know if Silva started? Half tempted to transfer him out for KDB for a -4.

EDIT: he wasn't in the squad at all :/

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Both Aguero and KDB scored tonight..Anyone know if Silva started? Half tempted to transfer him out for KDB for a -4.

Wasn't in squad
    steve_r wrote: »
    Folks,

Trying to decide between Zouma and a WBA defender (most likely Dawson). Already have Azp and Kalarov.

Which would people go for?

Chelsea look to be back but doubling up on their defence with a player who might fall out of favor may not be the best move.

I'd rather Dawson. WBA are keeping cleanies and have great fixtures, no need to double up on Chelsea.
    GetWithIt wrote: »
    Gomez -> Zouma
    Coutinho -> Pedro
    or
    Gomez -> Any 3.9 defender
    Coutinho -> Hazard

Happy enough with my team and squad but think it's time to start rotating back in the big hitters.

I missed the last Chelsea game but, on the numbers, Hazard still looks the most consistent attacking option.

No need to lose Coutinho before Villa at home

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭patmac

Herrera/Costa to Payet/Martial no choice really good riddance to Costa.

Seems to be a bit of Zouma love in this thread, do folk not think that he risks being on the bench following

a) his comments about costa being a cheat in an interview
    b) Terry being rested last week

Also he's the type of player who could come on with 10 mins to go to shore up the defence if chelsea are winning, so only get 1 point. Bergovic would be better buy,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Won't lose any value with Gomis' drop tonight, so can probably avoid needing to take a -4 having already done Benteke -> Martial. I'll be in a bit of trouble if neither Mignolet or Gomis perform this week however.

Just shipped out Benteke for Martial. Now to hope Silva's injury clears and to ship out STaylor next week for some other 4m defender.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Seems to be a bit of Zouma love in this thread, do folk not think that he risks being on the bench following

a) his comments about costa being a cheat in an interview
    b) Terry being rested last week

Also he's the type of player who could come on with 10 mins to go to shore up the defence if chelsea are winning, so only get 1 point. Bergovic would be better buy,

The media are trying to blow his comments about Costa out of proportion. It's a nothing story.

Terry wasn't rested. He was dropped due to poor form. You don't rest a player against one of your biggest rivals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,758 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Lemlin wrote: »
    The media are trying to blow his comments about Costa out of proportion. It's a nothing story.

Terry wasn't rested. He was dropped due to poor form. You don't rest a player against one of your biggest rivals

The inevitability of Father Time is catching up with Terry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭skippy15

Just shipped out Benteke for Martial. Now to hope Silva's injury clears and to ship out STaylor next week for some other 4m defender.

was thinking this move but other than Browning from Everton no other options- so either dropping to a 3.9 def or just leave him be

skippy15 wrote: »
    was thinking this move but other than Browning from Everton no other options- so either dropping to a 3.9 def or just leave him be

yeah, had a look as well and nobody decent. Targett is guess for 4.1m but Bertrand is back soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

What is more urgent?
    1. Anya 98% towards a drop
    2. Silva injured.
    3. Francis, Gomez to be switched for better options.
    4. Targett, Myhill to be eased out over time
    1 FT 3.2m in bank.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

Deco99 wrote: »
    What is more urgent?
    2. Silva injured.
    1 FT 3.2m in bank.

certainly not Francis out
    not sure why you are considering that
    Gomez out yes. maybe too a Watford defender to rotate with Francis
    Silva to KDB also worth considering but Gomez out would be more of a priority unless Silva is out for weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

What is more urgent?
    2. Silva injured.
    1 FT 3.2m in bank.

1. Anya to Fletcher looks good and gains you an instant .1 cash.
    2. Silva will most likely play at the weekend (check the link on his name)
    3. Francis is fine as a 4.5 he's one of the best ones atm. Gomez is definitely a rotation risk and if you've made money on him you need to prioritise moving him before you lose it, you can leave him till next week though.
    4. Targett might get another rise so i'd hold thunder on him right now. myhill you have a few weeks to look at options like gomes, butland or begovic if you want to spend a bit more.

Do you still have your WC ?

If not I'd be prioritising 1 and then 3 and then 4 (but I look to build early value and if this is not your overarching strategy then you need to assess it with different criteria.)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭steve_r

I'd rather Dawson. WBA are keeping cleanies and have great fixtures, no need to double up on Chelsea.

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

What is more urgent?
    2. Silva injured.
    1 FT 3.2m in bank.

Myhill has been one of the best keepers in the league unless he makes a few serious errors i don't see him losing his spot anytime soon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Is Walcott appearing on anyone's radars yet. Giroud is in awful form and Walcott should get a run up front.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

I really want to get De Bruyne/Silva in for Citys 2 big Home Fixtures in GW8-9.

Current midfield is strong though.
    Pedro-Payet-Ayew-Mahrez-Sinclair

Who to bring him in for?

Factors to consider are:
    • Strong front 3 of Aguero, Martial, Wilson.
    • Ayew-Pedro also have 2 Homes.
    • Mahrez almost undroppable, Payet in good form.
    • Only have 10m so may need to do it this week.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

lougal88 wrote:
    I really want to get De Bruyne/Silva in for Citys 2 big Home Fixtures in GW8-9.

Current midfield is strong though. Pedro-Payet-Ayew-Mahrez-Sinclair

Who to bring him in for?

Factors to consider are: Strong front 3 of Aguero, Martial, Wilson.Ayew-Pedro also have 2 Homes.Mahrez almost undroppable, Payet in good form.Only have 10m so may need to do it this week.

I'm in a similar situation and I don't think I'll be bringing either in.
    I'll probably do Darmian --> Kompany/Sagna and double up on City defence instead.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Nuts102 wrote: »
    Is Walcott appearing on anyone's radars yet. Giroud is in awful form and Walcott should get a run up front.

I'm debating it. I have a strong front 8 so cud maybe take the risk. It's Walcott,Mata or moses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

i'm debating KDB or Mata for Silva for a -4.

Am I mental?

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm debating KDB or Mata for Silva for a -4.

Am I mental?

You know Silva is hoped to be back this weekend? For that reason hardly worth -4.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

spock. wrote: »
    I'm in a similar situation and I don't think I'll be bringing either in.
    I'll probably do Darmian --> Kompany/Sagna and double up on City defence instead.

Yeah not a bad shout actually. New and Bou will find it tough against that City Defence.

But City could also score quite a few, so might want more attacking coverage than Aguero who still hasn't got it going.

We must have quite similar teams.

• Advertisement
Advertisement