Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 Transfer Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

SlickRic wrote: »
    i'm debating KDB or Mata for Silva for a -4.

Am I mental?
    If you are I am too because I'm debating the exact same moves :p!

Silva's much too dear to be a bench fodder!
    Between Mata & KDB, City's fixtures are much much better outisde this very GW. Now the worry regarding KDB is what when Silva will return? In CL he shared gametine with Sterling. Was it just to ease him in? He can't be a sub considering what they paid for him. Same can be said for Sterling though. So Nasri will have to make way, right?

FHFC wrote: »
    You know Silva is hoped to be back this weekend? For that reason hardly worth -4.

How sure about that though? He was also supposed to play last week-end. I can't sincerely give Wanyama THAT much gametine now :pac:...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Lemlin wrote: »
    The media are trying to blow his comments about Costa out of proportion. It's a nothing story.

Terry wasn't rested. He was dropped due to poor form. You don't rest a player against one of your biggest rivals

I think he was dropped mainly because Mourinho predicted Walcott was going to start ahead of Giroud. Zouma did perform well, however against Arsenal so he could maintain his place. I still wouldn't risk Zouma with the rotation between the three defenders.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Running at -12 so far and maybe one more to complete team surgery.

Drastic action needed and hopefully my two gambles pay off.

KDB,Martial, Pullisball and more to come.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    How sure about that though? He was also supposed to play last week-end. I can't sincerely give Wanyama THAT much gametine now :pac:...

Posted MEN article in other thread which gives nothing definite admittedly. Dinnery tweet on the matter fwiw was "David Silva, Vincent Kompany and Wilfried Bony are ALL expected to be fit for Saturdays' game at White Hart Lane #MCFC"

The thing about switching to KDB is that we don't know exactly where/how he will operate when silva does return. Will he be wide or central. Will one of them will end up being the "assist the assister"?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,840 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Wasn't it rumoured that Pellegrini wanted to sell Silva? I can see Navas being dropped and Silva out wide with KDB at 10.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

Gomez - > Evans
    Gomis -> Martial

For a -4, ready to pull the trigger but waiting till aftertonight's games in case of injury/ somebody changing my mind.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

You know Silva is hoped to be back this weekend? For that reason hardly worth -4.

i agree. i hadn't seen news of Silva's injury. if he's expected back then there is no way I'm doing -4 for it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,372 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

dahat wrote: »
    Wasn't it rumoured that Pellegrini wanted to sell Silva? I can see Navas being dropped and Silva out wide with KDB at 10.

what in the name of fúck would he want to do that for? Silva is pretty much the best player in the league.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

dahat wrote: »

I think there was speculation about yaya being sold.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

I think there was speculation about yaya being sold.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/yaya-toure-feel-like-20-6488176

The beast is back

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Anyone recommend a transfer...

Myhill (Rose)
    Smalling Kolarov Gomez (Prodl Taylor)
    Barkley Sanchez Mahrez Yaya (Fletcher)
    Aguero Wilson Martial

3m ITB
    I'm gonna leave the GK situation while Myhill is playing
    Gomez losing his spot is worrying, maybe Bertrand or Zouma there.
    Mid I could do Yaya or Sanchez - Anyone (Bruyne or Hazard?)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend a transfer...

Myhill (Rose)
    Smalling Kolarov Gomez (Prodl Taylor)
    Barkley Sanchez Mahrez Yaya (Fletcher)
    Aguero Wilson Martial

3m ITB
    I'm gonna leave the GK situation while Myhill is playing
    Gomez losing his spot is worrying, maybe Bertrand or Zouma there.
    Mid I could do Yaya or Sanchez - Anyone (Bruyne or Hazard?)

GK - Agreed, fine for now

Def - You need to move Gomez on, he's a rotation risk now and with a non playing 5th defender you need your other 4 nailed on. Bertrand for 5.3
    could be a very shrewd signing. Take a look at Cresswell for 5.6 also.

Mid - It looks good. Some people might tell you to get Chelsea in for their decent upcoming run but who would you take out? I think YAYA and Mahrez are must haves (personally speaking) and surely Sanchez will finally convert a few of those near misses.

Att- Same as mine, ride the Martial wave and see where it takes you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,891 ✭✭✭iamanengine

Have 2 FTs. Thinking of going Ward and Gomez -> Nyom and Bellerin leaving me with 2 itb.
    Had wanted to get Azpil in but didn't have enough, any other thoughts on this?

Already have Kolarov, Alderweireld and Dawson. Maybe Francis instead of Nyom.

Have 2 FTs. Thinking of going Ward and Gomez -> Nyom and Bellerin leaving me with 2 itb.

Good moves. Look through the next 6 GWs at least and see whether Francis or Nyom rotate better with your other four

Need to shift Gomez next week at the latest.

Rest of my defence is Kolarov, Naughton, Souare, Martin.

I sell Gomez at 4.6 so switching to Moreno for a cost of 0.1 is tempting. But Liverpool's upcoming fixtures don't look too hot for clean sheets. After Villa they've 3 from 4 away vs Everton, Spurs and Chelsea with Soton at home. However as part of a 4 into 2 rotation Liverpool, Norwich, Swansea and Palace give reasonable fixtures looking 10 weeks or so ahead. But is Liverpool's defence worth investment?

The other attractive option is Bertrand but despite being good value at 5.3 is in relative terms costly at 0.6 more than Moreno and would leave me with 3 x 5m+ defenders. This option gives very good rotation fixtures. I'm just not sure its worth the extra 0.6.

Any insights would be great as i can't make my mind up at all on this one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

Dawson or Evans from WBA? That's who I'm shipping Gomez out for anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,652 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Dawson or Evans from WBA? That's who I'm shipping Gomez out for anyway.

I'd go for Dawson considering how injury prone Evans has been in the past.

I sell Gomez at 4.6 so switching to Moreno for a cost of 0.1 is tempting. But Liverpool's upcoming fixtures don't look too hot for clean sheets. After Villa they've 3 from 4 away vs Everton, Spurs and Chelsea with Soton at home. However as part of a 4 into 2 rotation Liverpool, Norwich, Swansea and Palace give reasonable fixtures looking 10 weeks or so ahead. But is Liverpool's defence worth investment?

The other attractive option is Bertrand but despite being good value at 5.3 is in relative terms costly at 0.6 more than Moreno and would leave me with 3 x 5m+ defenders. This option gives very good rotation fixtures. I'm just not sure its worth the extra 0.6.

I'm a big Bellerin fan. Dunno if you're willing to spend 5.6m but it's easier to start from a good stock of Kolarov and Bellerin every GW and then downgrade one later. Souare is running into the good fixtures just not sure if they'll keep more than one in the next six

Thanks a bunch lads. I started off with 2 alternatives and now i have 4!! :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,369 ✭✭✭the incredible pudding

I'd go for Dawson considering how injury prone Evans has been in the past.

Yeah, I'm leaning that way myself. I think Evans is more likely to get bps and is a bit cheaper but i'm not sure the risk is worth it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

SlickRic wrote: »
    what in the name of fúck would he want to do that for? Silva is pretty much the best player in the league.

Both can do an effective job in either position, KDB is a fantastic number 10, he has some attributes that Silva doesn't possess, he is a far better scorer of goals as well in my opinion. Initially I felt that Silva would stay in the central position but the more I think about it I feel that Silva will be a better fit on the wing but I would expect interchange with Sterling also taking part, all three will be capable of playing in all the positions.

FWIW I still think KDB will probably outscore Silva from here on in because he'll score more goals, I see very little between them in the assist stakes, anybody who's seen KDB play for city will know by now how easily he will unlock EPL defences with regularity.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Ward transfer may be unnecessary. (esp. if bought at 4.5m)
    Could be back in gw8 before next break.

Deco99 wrote: »
    What is more urgent?
    1. Anya 98% towards a drop
    2. Silva injured.
    3. Francis, Gomez to be switched for better options.
    4. Targett, Myhill to be eased out over time
    1 FT 3.2m in bank.

Just to add to the suggestions you've received, as a fellow Anya and Silva owner I wouldn't rule out an upgrade to Anya. I'd be hopeful the Anya decision can wait until next week.

Thanks a bunch lads. I started off with 2 alternatives and now i have 4!! :)

Ben Davies at 4.5 worth the rotation risk?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,653 ✭✭✭caviardreams

Think I'll have to stomach the -4 and get Martial in #bandwagon

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Who is most likely to replace Costa for the next two games ?

I reckon it will be Falcao but I'm concerned that Remy will get the last 15-20 minutes of both matches.

Anybody got a more informed opinion ?

I also think Bojan is a realistic option now but unsure how bad Diouf's injury is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

I might just get rid of Coutinho and write him off as a bad idea. Liverpool and he in particular are just woeful at the moment.
    This also lets me upgrade Watmore to Martial for just -4 instead of taking a -8 by getting rid of Chadli and Darmian....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 354 ✭✭Alanhooly

Gomez & Gomis -> Evans & Martial, no hit for me.

Slightly worried that Gomez might actually get his start now after not playing tonight though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,657 ✭✭✭✭CSF

menoscemo wrote: »
    I might just get rid of Coutinho and write him off as a bad idea. Liverpool and he in particular are just woeful at the moment.
    This also lets me upgrade Watmore to Martial for just -4 instead of taking a -8 by getting rid of Chadli and Darmian....
    I'd wait a week on Coutinho. Not a big fan of transferring players out when they have good fixtures. Seems like a transfer that could be better used elsewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,009 ✭✭✭kronsington

want one of martial or mata but am torn.. cant decide between sanchez-mata or gomis to martial..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

Who does the guy I look to for insight look to? There is no hope. I'll watvh with interest as this is my dilemma next week. Having got myhill I feel evans or dawson is doubling up on wba.so maybe just bellerin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,642 ✭✭✭Deco99

ElTel wrote: »
    Just to add to the suggestions you've received, as a fellow Anya and Silva owner I wouldn't rule out an upgrade to Anya. I'd be hopeful the Anya decision can wait until next week.

I upgraded anya to moses. Fixtures and a bit of form

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,364 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

I have benteke and chadli who I want to move on.

Obviously I'm going to get rid of benteke. If I decide not to take a hit, ill probably just bring in Martial.

But wonder if -4 would be worth it to get rid of chadli too? In that case, if I switch benteke out for a cheaper option (Wilson, ighalo), I could bring in debruyne or Silva for chadli, which is obviously an attractive option.

If I don't move chadli, and he doesn't play, its likely Richards would come off my bench - am light on subs, others are Benaleb and S.Taylor.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Fant11

Other than Martial, what other strikers are ppl looking at to replace Benteke with? There's a dearth of options in the 7m plus bracket. Pelle the only one I can think of. Strange season!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

I should have done Gomis to Martial while he was 8.0 million. I'm sort of regretting it now, but don't want to buy Martial now that I've missed all his price rises. Oh, how great it would be if Gomis got back on the scoresheet this weekend!

Think it'll be Ighalo for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 752 ✭✭✭TheBigGreen

Giroud has to go, but for whom...

I'm in the same boat! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭MaxPower89

Thinking Silva and Defoe out for DeBruyne and Wilson I am thinking, 2 FT's. Thoughts on this?

Getting a bit sick of yellow flag Silva now, get the impression it could be a more long term thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

I should have done Gomis to Martial while he was 8.0 million. I'm sort of regretting it now, but don't want to buy Martial now that I've missed all his price rises. Oh, how great it would be if Gomis got back on the scoresheet this weekend!

If you think martial is a great option just sign him it doesn't matter if his price is gone up. This game is all about getting the maximum points . I don't have martial but if he is 9 million in a few weeks I'll get him in with no hesitation if I think he is the right man for my team. I only bought mahrez the other week at 6.2 not overly concerned that I paid .5 more than most. I had my reasons for going without mahrez at the time as I do for going without martial at the moment.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Fant11 wrote: »
    Other than Martial, what other strikers are ppl looking at to replace Benteke with? There's a dearth of options in the 7m plus bracket. Pelle the only one I can think of. Strange season!

I'm bringing in Bojan for the next two fixtures.

Looked decent last week, coming back from injury and scored a goal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

For anyone else that needs reassurance about avoiding Martial, here's a scout article urging caution ;)

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/09/22/caution-urged-over-anthony-martial/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,451 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I should have done Gomis to Martial.... don't want to buy Martial now that I've missed all his price rises.
    That's an approach that ends up with an anti-Ramsey brigade

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,264 ✭✭✭✭km79

I don't know what I'll do at this stage
    I may just keep sahko
    2 nice games and ticking along relatively nicely even though I benched him for both goals
    have mata from united already anyway
    seems a bit sideways to be sahko out for martial and then getting payet back in!
    squad is
    begovic Elliot
    kolarov darmian nyom Francis targett
    Sanchez mata mahrez yaya ayew
    aguero Wilson sahko

2 FT .2 ITB
    I'm now leaning towards darmian to dawson and Sanchez to hazard?
    could do sahko to ighalo and Sanchez to hazard instead ?
    3rd option ayew to fletcher Sanchez to hazard and sahko to martial -4?
    I want hazard :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

my team:

Butland McCarthy
    Gomez Targett Kolarov Souare Francis
    Pedro Sanchez Anya KDB Mahrez
    Martial Wilson Aguero

already used 1 f/t to get in Martial for Benteke, 1 f/t still available. Any advice? I'm not too happy with my backline as of now - Begovic, Moreno, and Evans are all players in my thinking. £1.4m i.t.b.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

For anyone else that needs reassurance about avoiding Martial, here's a scout article urging caution ;)

http://www.fantasyfootballscout.co.uk/2015/09/22/caution-urged-over-anthony-martial/

His shot conversion rate is certainly completely unsustainable, if it wasn't, he'd easily become the most clinical striker in footballing history by some distance. Van Gaal himself has said it's a matter of time before he comes back down to earth as he can't see a way in which a 19 year old retains that sort of consistency.

That's not to say I'm not scared of what he'll do against Sunderland this weekend, though I'm happy enough to pay anything under double figures for him when I may look to get him in at the end of October if he has continued to produce.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

manual_man wrote: »
    my team:

Butland McCarthy
    Gomez Targett Kolarov Souare Francis
    Pedro Sanchez Anya KDB Mahrez
    Martial Wilson Aguero

already used 1 f/t to get in Martial for Benteke, 1 f/t still available. Any advice? I'm not too happy with my backline as of now - Begovic, Moreno, and Evans are all players in my thinking. £1.4m i.t.b.
    Nice front 8, I'd use the FT to get in a WBA defender/keeper. It's almost essential to have one.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Paully D wrote: »
    His shot conversion rate is certainly completely unsustainable, if it wasn't, he'd easily become the most clinical striker in footballing history by some distance. Van Gaal himself has said it's a matter of time before he comes back down to earth as he can't see a way in which a 19 year old retains that sort of consistency.

That's not to say I'm not scared of what he'll do against Sunderland this weekend, though I'm happy enough to pay anything under double figures for him when I may look to get him in at the end of October if he has continued to produce.

The thing is he's 19 years old. A player's record up to the age of 19 is certainly a clue as to what he's capable of, but it's not a reliable predictor of future performance. Players at that age can make massive leaps in developmental progress, almost overnight sometimes. Harry Kane is a case in point. Who knows what Martial is or is not capable of.

Ormus wrote: »
    The thing is he's 19 years old. A player's record up to the age of 19 is certainly a clue as to what he's capable of, but it's not a reliable predictor of future performance. Players at that age can make massive leaps in developmental progress, almost overnight sometimes. Harry Kane is a case in point. Who knows what Martial is or is not capable of.

To me that's a reason to not go for him while fixtures are so bad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Am actually tempted to get in Hazard for Sanchez now, ahead of Chelsea's tasty fixture schedule, thus going with both Hazard and Pedro. Hmmmmm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,668 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Paully D wrote: »

Ya I'm scared of him against Sunderland alright but I'm confident that Gomis can outscore him over the next 3/4 games.

Advertisement