Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dog carrier for injured dog

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭Buona Fortuna

Aonb all the best with that. I like the second one too.

Though I really liked this one ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Gear-AT3-Dog-Stroller/dp/B003SZR49E/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/276-7853720-1618026

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,054 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I'd go for a backpack type one myself. I'd worry a wheeled one would shake the dog around too much - especially if he's recovering from surgery?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Aonb all the best with that. I like the second one too.

Though I really liked this one ;)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Pet-Gear-AT3-Dog-Stroller/dp/B003SZR49E/ref=cm_cr_pr_sims_t/276-7853720-1618026

This one is fab, but too bulky to bring in the car to the UK (and its only going to be needed for a few weeks) We got this exact model as a donation to our Animal Rescue/shelter if anyone is intersted in buying it :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

tk123 wrote: »
    I'd go for a backpack type one myself. I'd worry a wheeled one would shake the dog around too much - especially if he's recovering from surgery?

Thought of that, but would put extra padding(vet bed) in - what do you think? My back is bad so a backpack for a 10KG dog is out of the question unfortunately.
    Dont know what to do for the best really - hes very clingy and in a bad way feeling sorry for himself, poor little chap - surgery was terrible timing with this trip :(

Yeah I think vet bed would cushion him or even fold over a cheap bed?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,775 Mod ✭✭✭✭DBB

I've been there aonb, with two dogs. The latter had a shattered hind leg and had several operations to repair it. She would not hear of being left at home, and it's good for their mental wellbeing to get them out even if they can't walk.
    Both dogs I have experience of were 10-12kg... That is too heavy to carry around for any length of time, and I feel the dog is terribly restricted in a backpack.
    So, I went to the local VdeP and got myself a child's buggy for a tenner :)
    It was the type that I could raise the leg platform so she had a good, long bed base to rest on. Plenty of fleecy rugs, and the frame of the buggy kept her from moving around too much as we trundled along, we even went off-road a lot... She LOVED it :)
    We got plenty of amazed looks of both hilarity and horror, but I have no shame and was on the high moral ground keeping my old, injured dog happy on her daily walks :D
    I still have the buggy, you're welcome to have it? It folds down and though it takes up room in the car, I used the detachable chair part as her car bed, and packed everything else around the separate wheel frame bit. We went on hols with a packed car including buggy, no problem!

Edited to add :D

2lk7ln5.jpg

DBB wrote: »
    I used the detachable chair part as her car bed, and packed everything else around the separate wheel frame bit. We went on hols with a packed car including buggy, no problem!

I hope you took advantage of parent/child parking! :D:pac:

Advertisement