Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graphic card

Options
  • 19-09-2015 8:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

Hi all,quick question before I purchase a new card,I'm torn between buying a r9 280x and a r9 380,which in your opinion is the best card going forward giving the 280x age and driver support etc or is there an alternative in a new card between 200-240 bracket that I'm missing? Thanks for reading

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

280X is faster, louder and hotter

Stronger card though

A second hand 290 can be gotten for that money

• Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

A second hand 290 is the best option have one myself and I cannot fault it bar it's loudness, but it doesn't bother me as I use headphones so can't hear it.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 flints11

Thanks for the reply guys,was a little worried about purchasing a second hand card,never know how well it has been treated in the past,how does the new 950 stand up against these cards? Soooo many cards and numbers its just getting confusing :-)

950 is the worst of the four.

I went from a 280X to a 290 and found the difference immense to be honest

• Registered Users Posts: 15 flints11

On eBay as I speak:-) thanks for the reply digital,tried to pm you the other day but guess someone needs to empty their inbox lol

• Advertisement

Must be you, I replied to you ;)

Adverts is fairly sound for second hand cards normally

Advertisement