Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Partition issue on my Macbook - 40gb missing - need help please

• 19-09-2015 9:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,298 ✭✭✭

A few months ago I created a 40gb partition on my 250gb macbook, for the purposes of installing Windows 10. I eventually decided to delete this partition, and now I can't figure out how to get that 40gb back.

I have attached three screenshots, showing the three different partitions that currently exist. (I don't actually know what the two smaller ones are or where they came from.)

As you can see, the capacity of my Macbook is 251gb. The first partition is 210gb, the second is 134.2mb, and the third and final partition is 471.9mb. There is 40gb missing.

Can anyone help me figure out how to get this 40gb back?

Thanks!

P.S.

I tried the "Remove Windows option in Bootcamp, but it gave me an error message, which I have attached below.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,875 ✭✭✭matchthis

Not sure myself as only starting to touch with Mac OS. The size on the graph for the 132mb is larger than the next size up. Should this not display as a smaller partition on the drive? My first though would be that the 132 partition is not showing how big the partition actually is and may have absorbed the 40gb missing. Just a thought and could be wrong, but just purely from looking at the graph

Advertisement