Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

human growth & development module

• 19-09-2015 11:27pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭

Hi all,
    Finally got some subbing work and have Human Growth and Development for some classes - adult ed. I'm not getting much guidance from the person I'm covering for so just looking for some advice - primarily around depth of topics? And are there any good websites / books you'd recommend?
    Any other advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks !!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

Hi all,
    Finally got some subbing work and have Human Growth and Development for some classes - adult ed. I'm not getting much guidance from the person I'm covering for so just looking for some advice - primarily around depth of topics? And are there any good websites / books you'd recommend?

I presume it's a Fetac module. Were you given a copy of the module descriptor?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Hi all,

Google BTEC/edexel human growth and development resources and you will get resources from the UK and you can adapt accordingly. Tes.co.uk has done resources.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Yeah its the fetac module. Yep have the description from the etb website. Just trying to figure out depth of content. Don't want to do an injustice to the students.
    Thanks!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,438 ✭✭✭Crazyteacher

Yeah its the fetac module. Yep have the description from the etb website. Just trying to figure out depth of content. Don't want to do an injustice to the students.
    Thanks!

Is your main subject Science or Geography ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,324 ✭✭✭happywithlife

Is your main subject Science or Geography ?

No 'fraid not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭markjh

I have delivered this module for the past two years.
    The descriptors vary from ETB to ETB but I used the book to put my notes together.

There is a book, written specifically for FETAC/QQI Level 5. It's called Human Growth & Development. It's written by Emma Zara O' Brien and published by Gill & Macmillan. They sell it in my local Eason's at around €20.

Advertisement