Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iceland reopening on Talbot Street??

Options
  • 19-09-2015 11:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭

Just saw an ad from Iceland looking for Retail Assistants for their supermarket in Talbot Street. Is this going back into where they were in the Irish Life Mall or some other location? Trying to think where else would be big enough to have a supermarket on that street.

http://www.dole.ie/cache/job/9664244

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭fleet_admiral

ongarboy wrote: »
    Just saw an ad from Iceland looking for Retail Assistants for their supermarket in Talbot Street. Is this going back into where they were in the Irish Life Mall or some other location? Trying to think where else would be big enough to have a supermarket on that street.

http://www.dole.ie/cache/job/9664244

Where in the Irish Life were they? Dealz took over the old easons shop so where could they go?
    One outside possibility is maybe the old guineys shop has been bought?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭pawrick

They were in the part where the doctors clinic is/was and some other units which are next to it as far as I remember. Went in there once a few years before they shut and it was a kip of a store imo but maybe that was just the case with that specific one.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,896 ✭✭✭sabat

Iceland were in the large unit where Cleary's Pharmacy is currently. Possibly they could open where Chartbusters used to be, across from Paddy Power.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,200 ✭✭✭imme

Maybe the old Guineys shop on left hand side heading up Talbot Street.
    There are a couple of closed shops on the left hand side as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭JTMan

imme wrote: »
    Maybe the old Guineys shop on left hand side heading up Talbot Street.

That is turning into student accommodation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68,854 ✭✭✭✭L1011

JTMan wrote: »
    That is turning into student accommodation.

I'd doubt the ground floor is

• Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

Walked thru the Irish Life centre for the first time in years yesterday, apart from the couple of cafe's and The Pharmacy every outlet was closed up. Didn't realise it was that dead in there!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,201 ✭✭✭ongarboy

I always feel the once every 5 years I've walked through that mall that I've stepped back into the 80s. It just has that tacky dated yesteryear look!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

kfallon wrote: »
    Walked thru the Irish Life centre for the first time in years yesterday, apart from the couple of cafe's and The Pharmacy every outlet was closed up. Didn't realise it was that dead in there!

Thought Irish Life mall has a new name now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

ongarboy wrote: »
    I always feel the once every 5 years I've walked through that mall that I've stepped back into the 80s. It just has that tacky dated yesteryear look!

used to sit at the "waterfall" the odd time until I saw a used syringe there the other day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

fiachr_a wrote: »
    Thought Irish Life mall has a new name now?

The Talbotmall or something I think, I'm stuck in me ways :P

It's opening in a unit just up from Supervalu. I saw a planning notice on the hoarding outside for Iceland today when walking by. Construction work seems well underway. I think that shop used to be The 99c store. Supermacs have also opened further up the street. Nice to see empty units being occupied again.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,073 ✭✭✭CollyFlower

Anyone know when the Talbot St store is opening?

Dec 8th according to below. An outlet in Tralee also opened just this week. Sounds like they are ramping up their Irish network.

http://www.irishmirror.ie/whats-on/christmas-jobs-food-giant-iceland-6866885

• Registered Users Posts: 14,937 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Now open!! Next to Supervalu!

Advertisement