Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chromecast in UCD Residences

Options
  • 19-09-2015 11:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭

I'm getting a "Cannot connect to peer" error when trying to connect to the Chromecast. Presumably UCD is blocking peer-to-perr connections on the network.

Anyone know if I talk to them can they help me? Or is there some way around their restrictions?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

b0gg3r wrote: »
    I'm getting a "Cannot connect to peer" error when trying to connect to the Chromecast. Presumably UCD is blocking peer-to-perr connections on the network.

Anyone know if I talk to them can they help me? Or is there some way around their restrictions?

Use Eduroam, UCD Wireless blocks all Peer to Peer connections amount other stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Andru93 wrote: »
    Use Eduroam, UCD Wireless blocks all Peer to Peer connections amount other stuff.

Can I connect my router to Eduroam? I thought there was a lengthy set up process.

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Andru93

b0gg3r wrote: »
    Can I connect my router to Eduroam? I thought there was a lengthy set up process.

Just after doing a bit of digging (here). This is why you can't use on UCD wireless. From what I reading online this applies to Eduroam as well due to you not being able to install the security certificate on it.

Best thing you can do as get on to IT Services and see if they offer anything useful.

If they not useful looking into pigging backing your internet connection off your computer and set up your own wireless access point from your chromecast to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭b0gg3r

Andru93 wrote: »
    Just after doing a bit of digging (here). This is why you can't use on UCD wireless. From what I reading online this applies to Eduroam as well due to you not being able to install the security certificate on it.

Best thing you can do as get on to IT Services and see if they offer anything useful.

If they not useful looking into pigging backing your internet connection off your computer and set up your own wireless access point from your chromecast to work.

Thanks for the research man! So, I'm sunk in wanted to connect my router to the network wirelessly?

Advertisement