Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Norwich 4PM 20/09/15 (can be found somewhere)

• 20-09-2015 1:36am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Norwich travel to Anfield managed by some baldy Scotish lad (Apoligies I can not think of his name) hoping that they can improve on previous meetings.

Its very early in the season to claim that this fixture is a must win, But going on Liverpools latest results and performances its starting to turn out that way.

I've started a few match threads and only lost one and that was against Chelsea in the league cup, in extra time. So If Liverpool fail to beat Norwich, I'll be fairly annoyed and It will be a big step towards me wanting Brod gone.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,633 ✭✭✭✭Buford T. Justice XIX

Baldy scottish lad is Alex Neil.:)

I miss Suarez for these games:(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

0-0 if Sturridge is still infjured.

0-0 if he isn't.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Word has it that the line up with feature Sakho and Sturridge in a 4-4-2 diamond with Coutinho on the flank and Firmino as the no 10. Which would be a massive step forward and I don't believe it for a moment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 84 ✭✭Buck Melanoma

Sign of the times. Match threads going up so late!
    3-1 Liverpool.
    Then again i am probably delusional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

Unless rodgers stops playing 1 up front and starts playing lads in their correct position, norwich will win

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,740 ✭✭✭✭MD1990

Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Emre Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge.

rumoured team.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

MD1990 wrote: »
    Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Emre Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge.

rumoured team.

That would be excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭Hidalgo

People were happy to see Ings and Benteke start last time out.

All well and good until we see where they play. Will it be 2 strikers playing as strikers or 1st a striker and one as a winger.

It could well be Benteke starts with Sturridge on the bench. Benteke as usual left isolated only to be replaced by Sturridge to play the fun role of an isolated striker.

Here's hoping I'm completely wrong.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,666 ✭✭✭✭Princess Consuela Bananahammock

That would be excellent.

Depends on the formation - we could be lookign at Sturridge on one of the wings.

Everything I don't like is either woke or fascist - possibly both - pick one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

MD1990 wrote: »

rumoured team.
    brevity wrote: »
    How I think we should Line up against Norwich.

2u9wuLL.png

Hopefully.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,212 ✭✭✭shamrock55

We have a really crap midfield

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

Sturridge in the line up reeks of desperation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sturridge to be the second coming and Brendan Rodgers to walk on water after Sturridge scores a goal and doesn't get injured lots of outstanding great technicians on display today.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Maybe today is the day for the unexpected burst of positivity amongst all the doom and gloom. Hopefully anyhow.

5starpool wrote: »
    Maybe today is the day for the unexpected burst of positivity amongst all the doom and gloom. Hopefully anyhow.

If we won 9-1 people would still give out about the goal conceded.

If we went 1 goal down or it was 1-1 then yes until we went ahead. Otherwise no one would. Lots would still probably say that Rodgers still isn't the man for the job though, which is far from the same thing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,198 ✭✭✭Talisman

That would most likely depend on the manner in which the goal was conceeded.

If we lost 9-1, three people would still defend him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Turtyturd wrote: »

So you're acknowledging that they're different people.

That would most likely depend on how the goals were conceded.

• Advertisement

My money would be on typical 'The Rodgers-esque' calamity defending.

My money would be on typical 'The Rodgers-esque' calamity defending.

Ahhh, blaming the manager for the individual mistakes by players.

Ahhh, blaming the manager for the individual mistakes by players.

Yep, because individual errors are the only reasons our defence has been abysmal over the last 3 and a bit seasons.

Yep, because individual errors are the only reasons our defence has been abysmal over the last 3 and a bit seasons.

I don't recall saying that.

I don't recall saying that.

Well he didn't say the bad defending was caused by individual mistakes, he said it was caused by typically awful defending that we've been at for years under Rodgers.

Well he didn't say the bad defending was caused by individual mistakes, he said it was caused by typically awful defending that we've been at for years under Rodgers.

The loss to West ham was largely down to Lovren and his antics on the sideline. How can you blame Rodgers for that?

How can you blame Rodgers for Gomez giving away a penalty and Martial dancing through a pathetic Skrtel "tackle" against United?

Ahhh the ability to read, very underrated on online forums.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

It wouldn't be fair to blame Rodgers for individual mistakes made by the players, but its his fault for being outplayed by West Ham and for insisting on playing Lovren.

And just to put that to bed.

12/13 - 5th best defence in the league, conceded the same amount as the champions.

13/14 - 7 teams with a better defence but 2nd best GD in the league.

14/15 - 6th best defence in the league.

It's embarrassing to see people constantly bang on about this rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

The loss to West ham was largely down to Lovren and his antics on the sideline. How can you blame Rodgers for that?

Its quite simple really, he selected Lovren in the starting eleven.
    How can you blame Rodgers for Gomez giving away a penalty

Again, he selected an 18 year old in the starting eleven. A more experienced player probably would've 'directed' Herrera away from the box and more than likely wouldn't have dove into the tackle.
    and Martial dancing through a pathetic Skrtel "tackle" against United?

He has spent X amount of millions and not upgraded on Skrtel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

I was playing the new Pro Evo last night and picked Liverpool, the calamity defence is real, 3-3 against Arsenal.... :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭Tipsy McSwagger

And just to put that to bed.

12/13 - 5th best defence in the league, conceded the same amount as the champions.

13/14 - 7 teams with a better defence but 2nd best GD in the league.

14/15 - 6th best defence in the league.

It's embarrassing to see people constantly bang on about this rubbish.

It's embarrassing that you have lied about the 14/15 season, 8th best by the way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,948 ✭✭✭✭Osmosis Jones

Actually looking forward to this game if the rumoured line-ups are anything to go by.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Nathan Redmond is a Norwich player i always thought would be a great buy for Liverpool for some reason.

1-0 Liverpool with a header from Lovren.

It's embarrassing that you have lied about the 14/15 season, 8th best by the way.

Ah misread, take out the abomination against Stoke and we would have had the 6th best defence however. But you just keep on pointlessly beating that drum. He'll be gone eventually.

• Advertisement

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Nathan Redmond is a Norwich player i always thought would be a great buy for Liverpool for some reason.

1-0 Liverpool with a header from Lovren.

I've been a fan for a while now too. A far superior player to Ibe.

We have the best defence if you take out all the goals against us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

I've been a fan for a while now too. A far superior player to Ibe.

I agree. I remember watching him in a few games last season and he really impressed. He is only 21 and i think he has a great future ahead of him - maybe not with Norwich but who knows.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

You beat me to it by seconds :)

How often are we going to concede 6 in a match? It's a very very rare thing and without that we would have had the 6th best defence in the league. But you join Tipsy on that pointless drum, it will make the tears even sweeter in a few months.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Balls, thought this was on at 3.

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I agree. I remember watching him in a few games last season and he really impressed. He is only 21 and i think he has a great future ahead of him - maybe not with Norwich but who knows.

I think this could be his breakout season and he'll get a big move from Norwich. Someone like Everton would be perfect for him imo.

How often are we going to concede 6 in a match? It's a very very rare thing and without that we would have had the 6th best defence in the league. But you join Tipsy on that pointless drum, it will make the tears even sweeter in a few months.

If, if, if...I can see why you're embarrassed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Podge2k7

CPWggfRWEAA6Ak0.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,928 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If, if, if...I can see why you're embarrassed.

Embarrassed for you pal, not myself. Can't wait for you to come flying off the high horse to admit you were wrong about Rodgers, probably not the first time you've had to do so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

/\ Don't think much of that formation! /\ :p

Confirmed #LFC team v @NorwichCityFC: Mignolet, Clyne, Skrtel, Sakho, Moreno, Lucas, Can, Milner, Coutinho, Benteke, Sturridge

Confirmed #LFC subs v @NorwichCityFC: Bogdan, Lovren, Firmino, Gomez, Lallana, Ings, Ibe

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

Embarrassed for you pal, not myself. Can't wait for you to come flying off the high horse to admit you were wrong about Rodgers, probably not the first time you've had to do so.

I'm not your pal, guy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,225 ✭✭✭marklazarcovic

studgeeeeeeeeeeeeee

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement