Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Norwich 4PM 20/09/15 (can be found somewhere)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,592 ✭✭✭brevity

Sand wrote: »
    Good result for Liverpool. A lot of positives to take from the result and the performance I think.

Unfortunately some Liverpool fans will agree with this...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,397 ✭✭✭✭Turtyturd

brevity wrote: »
    Unfortunately some Liverpool fans will agree with this...

But the sensible ones will see it for what it was.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

Problem for Liverpool is they are so poor it'll be hard to get a decent coach to come in if they sack Rogers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,118 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

kfallon wrote: »
    :rolleyes:

Why these tossers are allowed this **** ill never know. Not you kfallon, the moron you're reacting to. That's me finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Soups123 wrote: »
    Problem for Liverpool is they are so poor it'll be hard to get a decent coach to come in if they sack Rogers.

Bollox they are one of the biggest teams in the world.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

A fair result, not much difference in quality between the two

Were you not watching the Utd game?

Or is this just trolling?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,480 ✭✭✭✭BorneTobyWilde

Lucky to escape with a draw in the end. We are a poor team at the minute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,413 ✭✭✭chupacabra

Why these tossers are allowed this **** ill never know. That's me finished.

Because Liverpool fans dont come into UTD matchthreads and post OTT reactions to opposition goals/results at all, yup not at all. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,791 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

niallo27 wrote: »
    Did you watch the game.

I know for sure that I wouldn't bother my bollox stream a utd game that kicked off the same time as a Liverpool game.

There not a poor team though. Loads of potential there but it's not happening. They should have won easily today just shocking finishing.

I think they're poor, the amount f wastage there is unreal, it's hard to see were they go from here.

It needs an onfield and off field overhaul, beg Kloop to come and get a DOF in that he is happy with

• Advertisement

Bollox they are one of the biggest teams in the world.

Used to be Niallo used to be!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,359 ✭✭✭stampydmonkey

ASOT wrote: »
    One positive Firmino looked good.

....Argentina are beating new Zealand. ..

I think they're poor, the amount f wastage there is unreal, it's hard to see were they go from here.

It needs an onfield and off field overhaul, beg Kloop to come and get a DOF in that he is happy with

There is plenty there to work on to make top 4. Missing a world class player but it's far from poor.

only four points off third.

There is plenty there to work on to make top 4. Missing a world class player but it's far from poor.

It needs a lot more than that, one WC player gets you competing top 4 only if he's a goalscorer. Coutinho is your best player and he struggles to get in to any of the other top 4/5 teams

It needs a lot more than that, one WC player gets you competing top 4 only if he's a goalscorer. Coutinho is your best player and he struggles to get in to any of the other top 4/5 teams

Your saying struidge wouldn't make the arsenal team.

Your saying struidge wouldn't make the arsenal team.

Nope not until he's fit.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭Mr_Muffin

Liverpool are a mid table team these days akin to Spurs.

It's kinda sad really. Even over the last few years you always thought they had a tiny chance of grabbing the title but not anymore. I don't see them winning another title this side of 2020.

Nope not until he's fit.

That team finished should have won the league two years ago with a world class player in it. That team went to the Emirates few games back and played them off the field for 45 mins. If the players aren't good enough isn't Rodgers doing well to get them up around top 4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,631 ✭✭✭✭Hank Scorpio

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    I don't see them winning another title this side of 2020.

Hard to say, they've got some outstanding technicians

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mr_Muffin wrote: »
    Liverpool are a mid table team these days akin to Spurs.

It's kinda sad really. Even over the last few years you always thought they had a tiny chance of grabbing the title but not anymore. I don't see them winning another title this side of 2020.
    Inclined to agree. The standard of player has really really dropped. Throughout the years Liverpool always had players that would get into any team in the league. Owen, Alonso, Gerrard, Suarez. For whatever reason that no longer is the case, you can pick 1 or 2 players here and there that would get in at some of the better teams, but Liverpool are so in need of a standout player to drive the rest of the team forward and inspire enthusiasm.

That team finished should have won the league two years ago with a world class player in it. That team went to the Emirates few games back and played them off the field for 45 mins. If the players aren't good enough isn't Rodgers doing well to get them up around top 4.

Ah 2 yrs ago was a freak, ran with the confidence. You've lost all your front 3 from that really.

Playing Arsenal off the field for 45mins is nothing, you've been **** the other half of that game and every other

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

A top manager can take an average squad to greatness. Simeone did it with Atletico, Mourinho did it with Porto.

A poor manager can drag a good team to mediocrity. That's what Rodgers is doing with us right now.

It's not about winning the title for liverpool. Top 4 has to be the aim. That's just life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,561 ✭✭✭✭CSF

That period when Suarez, Sterling and Sturridge were destroying all around them seems a mile away from what Liverpool have in an attacking sense now, including Sturridge who hasn't been fit enough to make any real impact since.

A top manager can take an average squad to greatness. Simeone did it with Atletico, Mourinho did it with Porto.

A poor manager can drag a good team to mediocrity. That's what Rodgers is doing with us right now.

I agree with you, my point is there is the bones of a good side there.

Ah 2 yrs ago was a freak, ran with the confidence. You've lost all your front 3 from that really.

Playing Arsenal off the field for 45mins is nothing, you've been **** the other half of that game and every other

You don't get a 38 game freak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭colly10

Charlie19 wrote: »

Or you could say 13th place

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

If Southampton got a world class player they could break top 4 too

I think if Liverpool get a good manager in Southampton will be their direct rivals for 6th place, Spurs are a little better than them

• Advertisement

colly10 wrote: »
    Or you could say 13th place

Or closer to third than third from bottom.

I agree with you, my point is there is the bones of a good side there.

Our current squad is quite good on paper. Mignolet is a poor keeper and only Sakho would remain at CB if I were in charge, but we should still be doing much better than we are currently, and for that I blame Rodgers.

I think if Liverpool get a good manager in Southampton will be their direct rivals for 6th place, Spurs are a little better than them

You can do better than that. Well I hope you can anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

Thanks Rayne you prick!

ignoring the trolls (Man Utd. fans that need those 'little victories', hence why they chose to support that club) and actually looking at the game, there is very definitely a difference in quality between the two teams. Liverpool have far better players and you could see that in how they were able to control the ball and work the attacks. Where they fall down is that nearly every attack is overcooked to f**k. Extra unnecessary touches, no direction and panicked decision making. At the end up the first half, if we were a team playing with confidence and direction, we would have been 1 if not 2 up. Norwich weren't doing anything special and looked pretty sloppy. Eventually we do get a goal, and as we know in football 1 is never enough and Martin did really well for his goal (difference between Ruddy and Mignolet there - Ruddy looked assured all day and caught everything, Mignolet punches clear once and it cost him. Mignolet doesn't have that assuredness you see in some keepers).
    When we had to chase for our second, despite having plenty of skillful players (firminio, lallana, coutinho) we had absolutely no direction with them, overcooked leading up play or undercooked shots. To me, thats down to the coach and the leaders on the pitch. I don't think we have a clear plan as to how to win a game and I think for sure we need to be better organised. We are better than Norwich, we have better players, we are a better quality team - we just don't seem to have a clue how to use it and that comes down to a man called Brendan.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

chupacabra wrote: »
    Because Liverpool fans dont come into UTD matchthreads and post OTT reactions to opposition goals/results at all, yup not at all. :rolleyes:

The majority don't, some do. Those that do are a pain in the hole for utd fans, same as the likes of Mick is a pain in the hole for Liverpool fans. Why should a few on either side make things annoying for the majority of the others? Saying 'well ye do it' is missing the point entirely.

• Advertisement

• ^oh man :P

Thanks Rayne you prick!

I wont lie.. That gave me a chuckle

• niallo27 wrote: »
    You don't get a 38 game freak.

Tbf Suarez can, and did it that season

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Tbf Suarez can, and did it that season

You think Suarez was only a one-off in that season?

• You think Suarez was only a one-off in that season?

A one-off for liverpool, all thanks to suarez
    I repeat Suarez has the capacity to made a mediocre team look good
    You failed to read the post correctly

He covered for Rodgers who is a spoofer

You read the post wrong

• Advertisement

You read the post wrong

Hang on Mickers. You told me Suarez was overrated and only scored against the poor teams and was it you that posted the amount of points that Suarez goals won and it made very little difference. Which is it mickey.

You read the post wrong

I did read the post wrong, but I don't think that he was solely responsible for that season.

Sturridge still managed 21 goals, Gerrard got to double figures iirc, and our midfield fed Suarez a lot of ball.

He was the catalyst and made others up their effort.

Whilst I don't think SAS was down to Rodgers, to say Suarez was the only reason for 13/14 is wrong.

Hang on Mickers. You told me Suarez was overrated and only scored against the poor teams and was it you that posted the amount of points that Suarez goals won and it made very little difference. Which is it mickey.

its whatever opinion makes him feel good at the time. thats why hes in this, not to support anyone, but to feel better than others

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,105 ✭✭✭mada999

Charlie19 wrote: »

problem is maybe in the next few games it only be "7 points" off third, then it'll be only "9 points off third" and then it'll be "12 points" etc etc... :(

• Anyway, lets hope Mr Henry and his fine-ass Lady keep this Rodgers guy in charge

Never know could be an exciting season for pool fans

Relagation battles are brilliant fun

Anyway, lets hope Mr Henry and his fine-ass Lady keep this Rodgers guy in charge

You never answered my question mickey.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Anyway, lets hope Mr Henry and his fine-ass Lady keep this Rodgers guy in charge

Rodgers gets far too much stick imo. Of his front three, both Suarez and Sterling have forced moves to bigger clubs. Sturridge needs to start praying to a new god because the current one isn't helping him on the injuries front. Stevie Me was never a leader, but he was too big for Rodgers to take on or replace directly.

Any manager is going to struggle in those scenarios. Sure, Rodgers has made a few mis-steps in the transfer market, but all managers do, and his work this summer was pretty good all things considered for a club with no CL football to offer.

Liverpool fans need to keep the faith. Rodgers has a young team with a lot of potential. They have to trust that Rodgers will lead them to where they deserve to be.

And honestly, who are they going to replace Rodgers with? Neither Sherwood nor Moyes are currently available. Maybe at the end of the season.

• Sand wrote: »
    Rodgers gets far too much stick imo. Of his front three, both Suarez and Sterling have forced moves to bigger clubs. Sturridge needs to start praying to a new god because the current one isn't helping him on the injuries front. Stevie Me was never a leader, but he was too big for Rodgers to take on or replace directly.

Any manager is going to struggle in those scenarios. Sure, Rodgers has made a few mis-steps in the transfer market, but all managers do, and his work this summer was pretty good all things considered for a club with no CL football to offer.

Liverpool fans need to keep the faith. Rodgers has a young team with a lot of potential. They have to trust that Rodgers will lead them to where they deserve to be.

And honestly, who are they going to replace Rodgers with? Neither Sherwood nor Moyes are currently available. Maybe at the end of the season.
    Have go disagree with some of this Sand.
    I would safely say they have kept good faith in him long enough.

I would agree with you about replacements. I'm really not sure who they can replace him with. Moyes would be a good fit IMO.

He could get them organised at the very least. There all over the place defensively.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

Have go disagree with some of this Sand.
    I would safely say they have kept good faith in him long enough.

I would agree with you about replacements. I'm really not sure who they can replace him with. Moyes would be a good fit IMO.

He could get them organised at the very least. There all over the place defensively.

He has got the big club experience that Rodgers lacks. And he has bags of PL experience. I think if there was a role available back in Liverpool, he would be very tempted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

What Moyes with big club experience?? Horse ****, Everton are average at best

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement