Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Norwich 4PM 20/09/15 (can be found somewhere)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,632 ✭✭✭✭Sand

xabi wrote: »
    What Moyes with big club experience?? Horse ****, Everton are average at best

He managed United. But Mick is right: he would get Liverpool setup and organised, is very astute in his scouting and transfer moves and would be able to get the most out of a player like Benteke. He is already very popular with the Kop. Liverpool would have a big job in landing Moyes as he just moved to Spain, but like I said, a role available in Liverpool would have to interest him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,037 ✭✭✭✭niallo27

Moyes would be interesting alright. Van gal has proved its a bigger job than anyone thought at Utd. Would he come back to England have getting stabbed in the back like that though.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

suggesting, in a serious tone, Moyes would be good for the Liverpool job.
    Trolling or stupidity, take your pick.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I've more chance of being appointed Liverpool manager than Moyes has.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Sand wrote: »
    He managed United.

He said big club, Utd aren't even the biggest club in Manchester.

5starpool wrote: »
    I've more chance of being appointed Liverpool manager than Moyes has.

He ticks all the boxes, but you're right that on paper, it would be difficult for Liverpool to secure his services. But he's on a short contract and he appears to be in some trouble result wise so he might be available sooner than I thought.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Liverpool fans would riot if Moyes was appointed

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

He ticks all the boxes, but you're right that on paper, it would be difficult for Liverpool to secure his services. But he's on a short contract and he appears to be in some trouble result wise so he might be available sooner than I thought.

he ticks 0 boxes. maybe the ones in your head, but nothing in reality

Liverpool fans would riot if Moyes was appointed

Moyes is very popular with Liverpool fans.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mainly because he brought United to 7th I'd imagine!

:pac:

There on a wind up.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

That's news to me tbh.

I know a lot of them were delighted when he was appointed to united.

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

derailing the thread with nonsense. Talk about the match or go to the creative writing forum

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭xabi

Moyes has a better record managing that shower in Manchester than lvg has, can't be that bad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Southampton look better and the squads are only marginally in Liverpool's favour with a fit Sturridge. Spurs have finished ahead of Liverpool 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Liverpool are more rivals with these now than any of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United

If there is any chance of Klopp joining you'd wonder what they are waiting for

• Advertisement

Southampton look better and the squads are only marginally in Liverpool's favour with a fit Sturridge. Spurs have finished ahead of Liverpool 4 of the last 5 seasons.

Liverpool are more rivals with these now than any of City, Arsenal, Chelsea and United

Should sack Koeman then since they are in 16th now.

Why are you talking about Southampton again?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

I really wish Liverpool fans could see this but as I've said, self entitlement is horrible.

No your still at this. You need new material. Rehashing the same crap isn't funny. New material man. Think outside the box. Talk about Rodgers teeth or something.

The thing with Klopp though is that if he knew how to arrest an alarming decline in player performances and results, he would still be Dortmund manager. Is he really the right man to solve Liverpools malaise when he couldnt do the same at Dortmund?

And in any case, is he actually available to Liverpool? Given the circumstances he left Dortmund in his next role will be very important: if he picks the right club and does well, his stature as a manager grows. If he picks the wrong club, in the wrong circumstances he fails and his reputation as a top manager is finished. Within a couple of months Klopp could have offers from Real Madrid, Man City, Chelsea or even Bayern Munich. If its your career and reputation on the line, the choice is obvious.

The choice for Liverpool is clear: back Rodgers and trust the reasons he was appointed still hold true, or go get a manager who is realistically available and can significantly improve Liverpool like Moyes.

niallo27 wrote: »
    No your still at this. You need new material. Rehashing the same crap isn't funny. New material man. Think outside the box. Talk about Rodgers teeth or something.

We are not top 4 challengers, just accept it.

• Advertisement

I think we very well can be with this squad. Plenty of talent there, far more than spurs / southampton imo, just bad leadership, no direction and too much pressure

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,294 ✭✭✭✭citytillidie

Holy crap match thread took a nose dive have to laugh not a mention from them on the own thread about offside 1st goal they got today :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

5starpool wrote: »
    Should sack Koeman then since they are in 16th now.

Why are you talking about Southampton again?

How much has Koeman spent?

they finished two points behind Liverpool last season

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

After all the money Rodgers has spent/squandered we bloody well should be.

After all the money Rodgers has spent/squandered we bloody well should be.

Is it much more than City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have spent? Who should we beat to the top 4 out of those teams based on the last 5 seasons?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

I really wish Liverpool fans could see this but as I've said, self entitlement is horrible.

Basing everything on history is what happens with Liverpool but they failed to notice themselves being overtaken by other clubs,they can't compete with the money of United,City or Chelsea and the lure of London.Players that would have improved them are going to the likes of Arsenal (Wenger would cry at some of the money Liverpool wasted),Spurs and even West Ham and Palace.
    History means little to modern players and that's what Liverpool failed to realise and are now looking for up and coming players that might come good and spending money on maybe's and what-if's.
    Honest question,how many Liverpool fans were getting excited about being linked to top players then repeatedly infuriated as some fella you needed to google or was mid table standard turned up instead?

Is it much more than City, Chelsea, Arsenal and United have spent? Who should we beat to the top 4 out of those teams based on the last 5 seasons?

How much have Arsenal spent?

How much has Koeman spent?

they finished two points behind Liverpool last season

Well if they should be challenging for 6th like you say and they are 16th then they are seriously underachieving.

How much have Arsenal spent?

I asked you if it's much more than the teams you are expecting us to beat to 4th place. I don't know how much Arsenal have spent.

I'm open to correction but does Rodgers seem to do well continuing the work of previous managers at clubs he's been with but then when he starts building his own team then things start going awry?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

Holy crap match thread took a nose dive have to laugh not a mention from them on the own thread about offside 1st goal they got today :p

Fück me this us and them shít is absolute bollox.

Ignore the wind ups from the few United fans, I made the mistake of telling a so called pool fan that I was putting him on ignore after his "get in " when Sot'on took the lead. As a result it almost derailed the thread.

How long is Benteke out for? Was it a bad tackle?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,363 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

zerks wrote: »
    I'm open to correction but does Rodgers seem to do well continuing the work of previous managers at clubs he's been with but then when he starts building his own team then things start going awry?

His tenures at Watford and Reading aren't fondly remembered.

At Swansea, he walked into a club being amazingly well run, and seen as there's been no change in their fortunes since he left (arguably they've gotten better since), you can't even say he's that good at that.

Trilla wrote: »
    Fück me this us and them shít is absolute bollox.

Ignore the wind ups from the few United fans, I made the mistake of telling a so called pool fan that I was putting him on ignore after his "get in " when Sot'on took the lead. As a result it almost derailed the thread.

How long is Benteke out for? Was it a bad tackle?

I agreed with a 'Pool fan here and all of a sudden one of the usual crew pops in to start a tit-for tat.My posts will be analysed for a hint of my laughing at their misfortune.
    I only read the last 2 pages of this thread and posted twice yet suddenly the outrage starts:rolleyes:

Just a snapshot of how Liverpool have been doing for the past while,guess which one is them and which is Leicester:

W/W/W/W/L/W/W/D/W/W/W/D/D/W/D

L/W/L/D/L/W/D/L/L/W/W/D/L/L/D

• I really wish Liverpool fans could see this but as I've said, self entitlement is horrible.

Fair ****ing play to you Caovyn

A Liverpool fan with a bit of common sense

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Fair ****ing play to you Caovyn

A Liverpool fan with a bit of common sense

BTW, I don't ever want to be associated with Rayne but I can't argue with the post he made.

Good to see a draw is the highllight of many a day :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

If you've got Mick and Zerks on your side it's time to call it a day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

BTW, I don't ever want to be associated with Rayne but I can't argue with the post he made.

Don't worry mate, your opinion on Liverpool is as valuable as Rayne, Mick, and the rest of the usual united clowns intent on ruining any Liverpool thread.

• Advertisement

Don't worry mate, your opinion on Liverpool is as valuable as Rayne, Mick, and the rest of the usual united clowns intent on ruining any Liverpool thread.

Ohh, I get it now. I have to stick to the opinion of the sheeple or else I won't fit in.

• Ohh, I get it now. I have to stick to the opinion of the sheeple or else I won't fit in.

I see your copping on to the click that is the above Liverpool 'Fans'

Would genuinely like to know your thoughts on Liverpools future as your honest in all your assessments so far.

Who do you want to take over at Liverpool and what needs to change?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭Heisenberg1

If you've got Mick and Zerks on your side it's time to call it a day.

Like I always say 2 Pricks are better than 1.

cjmc wrote: »

Thanks. Doesn't answer my Arsenal question tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,649 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

Thanks. Doesn't answer my Arsenal question tho.

Oops , thought arsenal figures were it that article . My bad

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

The United vs Liverpool nonsense is tiring. If people want to keep discussing the match, fine, but if it's just both sides taking shots at each other, provoking each other and flaming each other, we can close the topic.

One and only warning; discuss the match or I'll close the topic.

• Advertisement

Was good to see Moreno and Sakho do well today, Sakho did have a touch of the Lovrens towards the end of the match and almost cost us a goal but hes a marked improvement. Norwich I didn't think were inspiring at all but took their goal well, Ruddy also looks great in nets.

so the utd fans that came in here to wind up the Liverpool fans have done their job. they pissed people off, derailed the thread and went completely unpunished. Why is that allowed?

Lord TSC wrote: »
    The United vs Liverpool nonsense is tiring. If people want to keep discussing the match, fine, but if it's just both sides taking shots at each other, provoking each other and flaming each other, we can close the topic.

One and only warning; discuss the match or I'll close the topic.

Is it OK to discuss Liverpools top 4 ambitions?

• ^^they don't call you a machine for nothing

Fair play for keeping the bs going

Some of us were discussing the game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

M!Ck^ wrote: »

Some of us were discussing the game

And before that you were acting like clowns as you desperately tried to get a rise out of Liverpool fans, as always.

And before that you were acting like clowns as you desperately tried to get a rise out of Liverpool fans, as always.

Check my posts if you were insinuating I was here "acting like a clown".

Things were fine over the last few pages until a few started throwing around insults.

The truth is that many claimed and expected that today was the day Norwich turned up and got hammered then Liverpool were back in the groove but that didn't happen and many can't accept that so much mediocrity was bought and miracles just don't happen with a squad that's starting to be surpassed by so-called 'smaller teams'.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement