Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Liverpool V Norwich 4PM 20/09/15 (can be found somewhere)

12345679»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

zerks wrote: »
    Check my posts if you were insinuating I was here "acting like a clown".

Things were fine over the last few pages until a few started throwing around insults.

The truth is that many claimed and expected that today was the day Norwich turned up and got hammered then Liverpool were back in the groove but that didn't happen and many can't accept that so much mediocrity was bought and miracles just don't happen with a squad that's starting to be surpassed by so-called 'smaller teams'.
    He didn't refer to you.
    He quoted a United fan who was saying that it was a great result and to keep Rodgers. But if you go to the United thread, he's on there, thanking a poster who says that Liverpool fans shouldn't be on that thread.
    Puerile is a word that springs to mind, and I am not referring to you in that context either.

Funny what football can do to grown men!

Fair play Norwich, fully deserved draw

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

Check my posts if you were insinuating I was here "acting like a clown".

Things were fine over the last few pages until a few started throwing around insults.

The truth is that many claimed and expected that today was the day Norwich turned up and got hammered then Liverpool were back in the groove but that didn't happen and many can't accept that so much mediocrity was bought and miracles just don't happen with a squad that's starting to be surpassed by so-called 'smaller teams'.

Who are these many you refer to? I assume you have links to at least 10 claims of such expectations? From what I saw in the build up to this game, most expected us to struggle (while still saying we should be winning this, which is not the same as expecting to win it) as we have been awful for a long time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

5starpool wrote: »
    Who are these many you refer to? I assume you have links to at least 10 claims of such expectations? From what I saw in the build up to this game, most expected us to struggle (while still saying we should be winning this, which is not the same as expecting to win it) as we have been awful for a long time.

To clarify,I wasn't confining the term 'many' to just this or other soccer threads.You assumed this.
    Gone are the days when Suarez tore Norwich apart on his own and without the likes of him the whole facade has collapsed as Rodgers tries to find some kind of identity for his team and lurches around seemingly with no solution to the problem and instead spouts cliches and nonsense.
    In fairness,Norwich at Anfield shouldn't be a game that ye'd approach with any trepidation yet every time Liverpool take to the field it's with the result that fans are contemplating what level of mediocrity will be served up.

• And before that you were acting like clowns as you desperately tried to get a rise out of Liverpool fans, as always.
    Acting like we can't celebrate when you loose, I hate Liverpool get over it but at least one pool fan can can actually have a discussion

You continue to abuse but go unpunished

And your sponsors will laugh when a player breaks his leg

The standard of your fans is very funny

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

To clarify,I wasn't confining the term 'many' to just this or other soccer threads.You assumed this.
    Gone are the days when Suarez tore Norwich apart on his own and without the likes of him the whole facade has collapsed as Rodgers tries to find some kind of identity for his team and lurches around seemingly with no solution to the problem and instead spouts cliches and nonsense.
    In fairness,Norwich at Anfield shouldn't be a game that ye'd approach with any trepidation yet every time Liverpool take to the field it's with the result that fans are contemplating what level of mediocrity will be served up.

Apart from the odd exception, that's what most Liverpool fans I know of think too which is why most of us (many with regrets, some not) think it's time for a managerial change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    Acting like we can't celebrate when you loose, I hate Liverpool get over it but at least one pool fan can can actually have a discussion

You continue to abuse but go unpunished

And your sponsors will laugh when a player breaks his leg

The standard of your fans is very funny

Why celebrate? Or at least why celebrate in a Liverpool thread, and not stick to a United thread? It's not a big ask but even that seems too much for the likes of you and Rayne.

That 'pool fan' has a fine reputation of starting fights, talking nonsense and has just returned from a nice 3 month ban; that's the level of 'fan' you're dealing with on here.

Sorry for the 'abuse' but honestly, you're incredibly annoying, even though I know this is all part of your game. You consistently try to get a rise out of other teams' fans and just behave in a manner that can only be described as child-like.

I've no idea what you're on about there, but I assume it's something to do with Shaw? If so, anyone who makes fun of a player getting injured like that is obviously no football fan and should take a good walk off a tall cliff.

I would try and talk down United fans, but the reality is most of them are alright. It's just a few of you idiots who like to ruin a good forum like this. Unfortunately we have some people like you who claim to support Liverpool on here too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,831 ✭✭✭✭Nalz

did yee lads even read the mod warning?

Trilla wrote: »
    did yee lads even read the mod warning?

I'll probably get a ban or infraction for what I said, but I'm just tired of other team's fans coming in to other team's threads just to start crap. My last post will probably be seen as another Liverpool v United one, but I wasn't having a go at United. I'm just sick of the usual nonsense from a small minority of their fans here who always seem to get away with it.

• ^Hilarious
    It's like he reads the parts he likes and ignores the rest.

Classic denial from a pool fan

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

I'll probably get a ban or infraction for what I said, but I'm just tired of other team's fans coming in to other team's threads just to start crap. My last post will probably be seen as another Liverpool v United one, but I wasn't having a go at United. I'm just sick of the usual nonsense from a small minority of their fans here who always seem to get away with it.

thing is, you shouldn't have to. Letter of the law, yeah you deserve it, but when its week on week and its the same guys allowed to "wind up" (the politically correct term I believe) then you have to question the reason that it happens at all.

We saw a lot in this match Liverpool wise, we saw a formation which many have been calling for, we saw the lack of a certain centre back and we saw a left back playing absolutely great... pity it all led to a mediocre result and performance.
    Overcooked attacking, directionless leadership on the pitch, crap set pieces, too many square pegs for round holes coming off the bench and absolutely 0 in the way of a plan B. A lot, if not all of these complaints can be put squarely at Rodgers feet. If hes not taking us forward then where is he taking us?

Norwich? Not much to say. Great goal but aside from that quite uninspiring. Closed space well defensively but it was hardly a defensive masterclass. I fully expect them to be in a relegation fight this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭#15

I've no idea what you're on about there, but I assume it's something to do with Shaw? If so, anyone who makes fun of a player getting injured like that is obviously no football fan and should take a good walk off a tall cliff.

I think we can all agree on this. Only a scumbag would do such a thing.

M!Ck^ wrote: »
    ^Hilarious
    It's like he reads the parts he likes and ignores the rest.

Classic denial from a pool fan

Whatever mate, I'm done arguing with you.

It's not worth it trying to question your habits.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,290 ✭✭✭✭rob316

In before the lock. This is a car crash.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement