Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Use my own Router

Options
  • 20-09-2015 9:12am
    Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭

Hi there,

This is a question about Pure Telecom but there is no sub-section for that. As Pure just re-sell Eircom packages anyway it should be the same answer..

I was wondering if my old Draytek Vigor 2850Vn could be used for Eircom fibre broadband?

If it can't does anyone know which Draytek model can be used?

Thanks,
    mcquaim

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭StonyIron

It's not just resold. They've their own servers and backhaul arrangements. So the Eircom login details won't work.

The modem needs to support VDSL2 vectoring or it will not work correctly and may even cause issues for neighbouring lines.

It must support "Recommendation ITU-T G.993.5 for vectoring" and even then some modems didn't support it correctly and caused issues.

You're better off getting whatever the ISP provides then use your own router for wifi etc if you prefer it

A lot of markets don't use vectoring, so some modems just don't adequately support it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭mcquaim

I was told the Draytek Vigor 2860 supports G.Vectoring and will work fine.

I might try one of them to prevent me having to run two routers to get what I want..

Advertisement