Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House valuation

Options
  • 20-09-2015 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 35

Does anyone have a recommendation on where to get a house valuation?

I want to get a real price and not an inflated one from a keen estate agent who tries to talk things up!

I need to use this for my property tax and discussions with the bank so really trying to get a low (if real) price, not a hopeful, inflated one!

Thanks!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Contact the local banks and get a list of their panels (lenders always have a local panel of 2-3 (or more) estate agents and auctioneers, who are familiar with the local market and value property on their behalf).

Approach said valuer directly- and get a valuation done (the last valuation I had done cost me 80 Euro).

At this point in time- I'd suggest sitting down with the propertypriceregister.ie and comparing the valuation to recent achieved prices in the area- to ensure its a fair and reasonable representation of the last reported sales in the area.

A bank in general will insist on an achievable value for the property- it is not in their interests to put an inflated value on the property- as it means their lien on the property is less than it might otherwise be.

I'd also suggest talking to your neighbours about their valuations for property tax purposes. If you value your property at 200k- but the property next door is valued at 300k- it will stick out like a sore thumb and attract Revenue's attention (eventually). Neighbours need to be consistent with one another........

• Registered Users Posts: 35 housedweller

this is very helpful. many thanks.

Anyone know any valuers in Wicklow who they would recommend?

Mod note: Recommendations by PM only

Advertisement