Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

One nights stands

• 20-09-2015 10:28am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Whats your thought on ONS. Have you had one ? If not would you ?

I myself have never had one in fear of picking up an STI or getting someone pregnant. Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,452 ✭✭✭✭The_Valeyard

Going to hump, cover the stump

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

A description of a most excellent virgin.

Wouldn't have one, married. Have married friends who regularly have them so wouldn't be that judgemental either. Each to their own. As for single friends who do it, good for them. Have a couple of friends that have them pretty much every other weekend, and they seem to escape without the STD or pregnancy thing. So not sure I'd worry too much about those aspects if I was inclined to go for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Fleawuss wrote: »
    A description of a most excellent virgin.

I'm asking for a friend :pac:

Seriously though I was in a relationship for just under a year, just never had ONS.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Fleawuss

Going to hump, cover the stump

Ahem....stump? I'm sorry for your troubles.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,562 ✭✭✭✭Sunnyisland

I had a one night stand before, it was very tiring especially on the legs :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,597 ✭✭✭dan1895

I'd much rather two night stands, one either side of the bed for symmetry.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

I've had a couple one night stands, but drift off then before things get awkward the next morning. If you've just met them, don't know them, I don't see what's to be gained sleeping next to them the entire night. Do the deed and go home before he wakes up.

The only time I ever ended up staying over was one night about 2 weeks after I lost my dad, went out, wrote myself off, woke up about 6am still absolutely plastered and fell over when I was trying to get dressed. At that point I was so unsteady on my feet and so drunk I had to get back into bed. It was about 4pm before I was sober enough to make a move, and by then I was so sick I wasn't able. to be fair to him, it wasn't as awkward as I expected a ons to be the next day and he took really good care of me in my delicate state.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

Anyone with any sense bolts after they're done. No awkwardness! "Eh, thanks for that. See ya.".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,389 ✭✭✭NachoBusiness

ONS are like Lucky Bags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

It's only awkward if you're a social retard.

"Morning! Making coffee, would you like one?"

20mins later..

I'm just gonna go brush my teeth then I'll drop you home."

Job done.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,951 ✭✭✭frostyjacks

Wouldn't have one. A girl prepared to put out after only meeting a guy is most likely carrying or has carried an STI.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,632 ✭✭✭Aint Eazy Being Cheezy

Wouldn't have one. A girl prepared to put out after only meeting a guy is most likely carrying or has carried an STI.

If only there was a way of avoiding STIs...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,317 ✭✭✭✭One eyed Jack

I myself have never had one in fear of picking up an STI or getting someone pregnant. Also not to mention the awkwardness the following morning.

I've had... ehh, one or two :pac:

If they're not your thing OP, they're not your thing. I've never experienced any awkwardness the following morning though - we've just had sex, it doesn't get any more intimate than that :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

If I was single I would, don't see anything wrong with them once you use condoms.

And the guy prepared to put out after only meeting a girl?

The thing with STI's is that even if a person were carrying an STI, they may not be aware of it themselves, and six months dating down the line when they decide to have sex is the same as if they'd had sex on the first night.

It's best to encourage people to be responsible for their own sexual health rather than spreading idiotic myths about sex and sexuality.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭Kev W

And the guy prepared to put out after only meeting a girl?

Morally unassailable and a stone cold stud to boot.

High five, bro!

• Registered Users Posts: 880 ✭✭✭Rachiee

I don't have ONS but it's just because I need to trust someone before I can relax enough to enjoy sex. I'm in my early 30s the vast majority of my friends do have them do engage in ONS though. I don't see the problem in two consenting adults enjoying each others company. Re: STI's I don't see it a particularly riskier other than you are increasing you're number, really unless you see someone else's results in black and white, you don't know what the other person has so waiting a month and to get to know them a bit before sex doesn't mean they are going to be STI free !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭Medusa22

Ah I had a few alright when I was single, and I never felt awkward the next day either. Usually I was still a bit drunk and talking shyte :p

With regards to STDs, just use a condom. To be honest though, I don't think I ever had really good sex with a ONS, relationship sex is the best :o

Medusa22 wrote: »
    Ah I had a few alright when I was single, and I never felt awkward the next day either. Usually I was still a bit drunk and talking shyte :p

With regards to STDs, just use a condom. To be honest though, I don't think I ever had really good sex with a ONS, relationship sex is the best :o
    +1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

Jaysus Brian, you're some man for the threads.

Had a ONS once, never again!! I was deceived!! I thought your wan was a beaut and the next morning I noticed her face was on the pillow. Makeup, the great deceiver. I wont be doing that again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,175 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

I've had a lot of one night stands, especially in the last 3 years. Can't beat sex with a stranger.

Also I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank shows like desperate housewives and sex in the city for allowing women to feel the need to be complete hoors. Sex has gotten so much better in the last 10 years and also so much easier, thank you very much.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭Brian from Bray

Had a ONS once, never again!! I was deceived!! I thought your wan was a beaut and the next morning I noticed her face was on the pillow. Makeup, the great deceiver. I wont be doing that again.

Someone has to keep the forum alive :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,798 ✭✭✭speedboatchase

I had two a couple of years ago, within a fairly short span of each other, and in both cases I was back at the girl's place.

Personally I always enjoy the thrill of the conquest and the fact that you can go from strangers, to finding someone attractive, them finding you attractive, and then ending up in bed - all within a few hours - is a bit of a rush.

However, both occasions did feel kinda empty. You're essentially just providing a service. There's no real intimacy and whenever I'm been in a relationship I really enjoying the aspect of cuddling, napping and or relaxing afterwards, rather than getting out of there either instantly or a few hours later.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 935 ✭✭✭Whitewinged

Ah dont let it get you down, you just had a bad case of something that was explained to me another thread. Its called "buyers regret" :)

Did it once. Wasn't for me, didn't like the emptiness of it all. I remembered feeling dirty too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,646 ✭✭✭✭qo2cj1dsne8y4k

Feeling dirty after sex is a plus, no?

Feeling dirty after sex is a plus, no?
    Maybe I was too immature to appreciate it! :pac: I was 20 but had a very sheltered upbringing.

• Registered Users Posts: 535 ✭✭✭ALiasEX

Wouldn't have one, married. Have married friends who regularly have them so wouldn't be that judgemental either. Each to their own. As for single friends who do it, good for them. Have a couple of friends that have them pretty much every other weekend, and they seem to escape without the STD or pregnancy thing. So not sure I'd worry too much about those aspects if I was inclined to go for it.
    That they know of. How is a girl supposed to know/remember who/where every guy she slept with around the time of conceiving in order to contact them all for a paternity test?

Most of the time there may be only 1 possible father but if she was too drunk to remember, they went back to hers and she only knows his first name, etc.

If you have a ons you should start leaving calling cards.

• Advertisement

ALiasEX wrote: »
    That they know of. How is a girl supposed to know/remember who/where every guy she slept with around the time of conceiving in order to contact them all for a paternity test?

Most of the time there may be only 1 possible father but if she was too drunk to remember, they went back to hers and she only knows his first name, etc.

If you have a ons you should start leaving calling cards.

Perhaps they reduced their risk, or even avoided conceiving in the first place, with contraception?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Shrap

Also I'd just like to take this opportunity to thank shows like desperate housewives and sex in the city for allowing women to feel the need to be complete hoors. Sex has gotten so much better in the last 10 years and also so much easier, thank you very much.

I'd personally like to thank my mother, rather than a TV show, for never passing on some misplaced sense of shame about enjoyment of sex. I think you'll find Dennis, that it's less a case of anyone or anything "allowing" women to feel the need to be complete hoors and more a case of society no longer holding them back from their natural desires. You can thank the Mammies of the generation you're riding for that one, not some crappy tv show. Cheers. :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Have had a few ONS, not near as enjoyable as sex when in a relationship IMO. I was usually plastered so I'm sure that didn't help.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭The Randy Riverbeast

I would be up for a ons but my girlfriend would probably complain.

I would be up for a ons but my girlfriend would probably complain.

And we all know how hypocritical that would be. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

I find the drunken 3am sex is exciting but as sex goes it's rarely up there with the best. the sober casual sex though can be pretty intense with the right lady

I think STI's are over hyped to be honest. The media make it sound like there is a plague out there. But in reality when you break the numbers down it's quite low like a few hundred in a city of over a million is small change.
    Not saying the consequences aren't serious or advocating not using condoms though

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

I've never had one and probably never will, just because I don't like the idea of shagging someone I don't know.

Fair play to anyone who likes them, though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

arayess wrote: »
    I find the drunken 3am sex is exciting but as sex goes it's rarely up there with the best. the sober casual sex though can be pretty intense with the right lady

I think STI's are over hyped to be honest. The media make it sound like there is a plague out there. But in reality when you break the numbers down it's quite low like a few hundred in a city of over a million is small change.
    Not saying the consequences aren't serious or advocating not using condoms though

Compare St James sti clinic from 10 years ago to present day...its quite frightening

Compare St James sti clinic from 10 years ago to present day...its quite frightening

They can even download weekly reports from
    Health Protection Surveillance Centre.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,265 ✭✭✭youtube!

They can even download weekly reports from
    Health Protection Surveillance Centre.

Well that killed the bloody thread stone dead didn't it??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭the evasion_kid

youtube! wrote: »
    Well that killed the bloody thread stone dead didn't it??

It ain't no joke when you're sitting in there with a couple of hundred people all locked in tunnel vision...trust me :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

How would you avoid this with a non-ONS? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭Aisling(",)

I've had a few but most were with people I already knew like a lad from college or an old friend.
    Never really found them awkward the next day you just get on with it.

I just find it annoying that mindset of a girl who sleeps with someone she dosen't know is a slut where as the lad sleeping with the unknown girl gets off scot free.Two consenting adult using protection isn't anyone's business bar theirs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,949 ✭✭✭A Primal Nut

Yeah right, as if a guy is gonna turn down sex.:p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,707 ✭✭✭arayess

10 years ago I met a nice girl from the james hospital used to do some work in the STI clinic too.
    nice memories...:)

I'd go private for a test so I guess I don't know james.

10 years ago your one told me they'd a lot of repeat offenders , who went back to the same person who infected them in the first place.
    I guess the "only enough blood for your brain or your cock to function" is right

I read the papers and they saw some STI is rising dramatically and the you see there were 300 cases in the year ..and I'm thinking that's not a huge number.
    Plus I don't associate with risk groups like IV users

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,869 ✭✭✭asherbassad

Yeah, like you'd know.

This is the usual excuse from people who are crap at pulling women.

I've had a few but most were with people I already knew like a lad from college or an old friend.

I just find it annoying that mindset of a girl who sleeps with someone she dosen't know is a slut where as the lad sleeping with the unknown girl gets off scot free. Two consenting adult using protection isn't anyone's business bar theirs.

I find it a good barometer for someone I wouldn't have an ONS with. I think either the person themselves buys into that crap, or doesn't. I'm a guy and in the past I certainly didn't get off anything like scot free, but then I just figured well those people making those sort of judgments, would I want to sleep with them anyway?

No, I really wouldn't, tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,866 ✭✭✭Fat Christy

I just find it annoying that mindset of a girl who sleeps with someone she dosen't know is a slut where as the lad sleeping with the unknown girl gets off scot free.Two consenting adult using protection isn't anyone's business bar theirs.

I think it comes from the old age misconception that women do not enjoy sex and men are whore mongering savages when it comes it. I think the concept that men are much hornier than women is misconstrued tbh. Both sexes are pretty much on par with one other IMO or Ann Summers/Miss Fantasia and other sex shops would be out of business.

As you said, you should be able to sleep with whoever the hell you want to sleep with, without some busybody passing judgement on it. It doesn't affect them so they should jog on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I don't know anyone who thinks like that anymore. No one under 70 anyway. If that attitude was persistent in the people I know I'd be distancing myself from them tbh. That kind of prudish, outdated thinking based solely on gender lines has no place in a modern society. Sex is a good thing, a pleasurable experience. It's sad some people still use it as a way of judging others

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,318 ✭✭✭✭Menas

I think it comes from the old age misconception that women do not enjoy sex and men are whore mongering savages when it comes it. I think the concept that men are much hornier than women is misconstrued tbh. Both sexes are pretty much on par with one other IMO or Ann Summers/Miss Fantasia and other sex shops would be out of business.

As you said, you should be able to sleep with whoever the hell you want to sleep with, without some busybody passing judgement on it. It doesn't affect them so they should jog on.

If the past has taught us anything it is that those who are quick to pass judgement and condemn are the ones with the most to hide. The church in ireland is a good example of this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,709 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

If only there was a way of avoiding STIs...

Not sticking your dick in diseased skanks would be a start.

• Advertisement
Advertisement