Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faulty Samsung Galaxy S4

Options
  • 20-09-2015 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭

Hi,

I purchased a new Samsung Galaxy S4 for €350 which I use for work purposes. The phone is now over heating and switching off up to 15 times per day and sometimes does not turn on for approximately 5mins where it sometimes reboots a few times.  I've tested the battery from another phone so the battery is not at fault.  I contacted the store where the phone was purchased, they want to send to send it away for repair which can take up to 6 weeks. This is not possible as I need the phone for work and do not have a replacement.  Am I within my rights to get new phone, the phone is 5 months old and should not be over heating or powering off daily.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,420 ✭✭✭✭athtrasna

No, the shop are entitled to send it for repair. The options are repair, replace or refund but the shop gets to decide which option.

Most phone shops will hire you a temporary replacement or try picking up a cheap stand by smartphone, you're going to need one.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Did you buy the phone as part of your business? If so, regular consumer legislation doesn't apply I'm afraid.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭marykitty47

dudara wrote: »
    Did you buy the phone as part of your business? If so, regular consumer legislation doesn't apply I'm afraid.

No it is for personal use mostly but I do sometimes take calls for work if on call.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Pick up a cheap prepay phone from the same network and use that - always handy to have a backup phone.

Or use a phone you previously had if its the same network.

They need to determine the fault - it could be a very simple issue very easily fixed. It could also be an issue from mis-use.

If it can be repaired to a state where the repair is permanent, that is all you are entitled to.

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭marykitty47

So they have finally agreed they will replace it and the item is faulty BUT they no longer have my phone in stock and I will have to travel 3hours for my replacement phone as they won't transfer to my local store!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,543 ✭✭✭Mick Murdock

I'd be thankful they're willing to replace it. They really do not have to without it first been assessed. 3 hour journey or send it for repair, I wouldn't complain tbh!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I would expect them to arrange for delivery to you. They have agreed that the item is faulty and they are replacing it. This should happen at no additional cost to yourself.

Advertisement