Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mars (Work, rest and play)

• 20-09-2015 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭

What were Mars thinking?? It's like they were trying to pass it off as healthy. :D

There was a series of 'work, rest and play' ads throughout the 80s (and maybe 90s too)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Useless fact:
    Although ex-F1 legendary commentator Murray Walker was often accredited of inventing the tagline 'Work, Rest and Play', he denies this but worked as the account manager on the account at the time.
    He does, however, admit to coining the wonderful tagline of:
    'Opal Fruits: made to make your mouth water'

http://www.theguardian.com/sport/2007/jul/01/motorsports.oliverowen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,694 ✭✭✭An Riabhach

You've reminded me of the age old Lucozade tagline
    Lucozade. Replaces Lost Energy. Quickly.

That line had such an effect that it was often thought that Lucozade was good for people who were sick-I myself remember visiting my dad in hospital when I was a kid and I remember other patients being brought bottles of Lucozade by their visitors.
    And as we all know now,that stuff has more sugar in it than Coke and Pepsi!!

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Never thought of that, the amount of glass Lucozade bottles on hospital night stands! :O

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭lord lucan

Ruu wrote: »
    Never thought of that, the amount of glass Lucozade bottles on hospital night stands! :O

With the orange plastic wrap around it that made it look all fancy. ;)

Can anybody remember what was the thing that you could "eat between meals without ruining your appetite"???

Siúl leat, siúl leat, le dóchas i do chroí, is ní shiúlfaidh tú i d'aonar go deo.

• Advertisement

Sounds like Milky Way.

Sounds like Milky Way.

That must be it,because I remember there was nothing inside those things only fluff!!

They use the 'won't spoil your appetite' in other ones as well.

They use the 'won't spoil your appetite' in other ones as well.

Great to see the original of that ad again-they brought it back out a couple of years ago but they hurried it up and cut bits out of it.

Advertisement