Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Most unlikable people in music

Options
  • 20-09-2015 6:33pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭

Mike Love (The Beach Boys)

That is all.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,351 ✭✭✭Littlehorny

knew someone who dealt with famous people now and then and even though he was pre warned he said Bob Dylan was the most ingnorent contrary oul w**ker he ever met.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Kayne West

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭FortySeven

Ian Watkins.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,004 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

knew someone who dealt with famous people now and then and even though he was pre warned he said Bob Dylan was the most ingnorent contrary oul w**ker he ever met.

some evidence of that here: http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/sep/13/night-bob-dylan-abandoned-me-at-petrol-station

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭Ironman76

Brian McFadden. . . . Oh wait, you said "music".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭cbb1982

Bono

• Registered Users Posts: 12,891 ✭✭✭✭Rothko

I'd agree with Mike Love. I'd also nominate Gene Simmons, Miley Cyrus, Nicki Minaj Adam Levine.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,314 ✭✭✭✭endacl

The bad pub 'band'. Whichever one happens to disturb my pint.

Lads. There's a world of difference between a 'line check' and a 'sound check'. And if you don't have enough talent to recognise ye have no talent, ye're in the wrong business.

Most recent example was yesterday in the Park Hotel in Dungarvan. A frankly shocking sax player, squeaking out bad tunes, midi style, while being accompanied by a guitar owner playing all the right chords for a different key. Comical for ten minutes. Left the pub after that. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,451 ✭✭✭blastman

Lars Ulrich

Make some room for Victoria Beckham, Axl Rose, Phil Spector, Ike Turner, Bobby Brown, Justin Bieber, Bon Jovi, that tit from The Script, the scobiest one of the three scumbags in NDubz, and oh Christ!, Mick Hucknall

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,596 ✭✭✭threein99

eviltwin wrote: »
    Kayne West

End of thread

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

blastman wrote: »
    Lars Ulrich

Came here to say that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

+1 for Mike Love of the Beach Boys, a man with an industry wide reputation as a deeply unpleasant human being.

If you were to get an envelope, seal it up and just write the word 'ᏟՍΝΤ' on the front and put it in a postbox anywhere on the planet, it'd end up on Mike Love's doormat.

he called his solo album "Mike Love, Not War" - gotta give him some credit for that.

on the other hand he called a later solo album "Summer in Paradise by The Beach Boys" :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

Mike Love (The Beach Boys)

That is all.

A towering cnut.

threein99 wrote: »
    End of thread

Kayne has nothing on Mike Love.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭OleRodrigo

The ' Boards After Hours Ensemble ' - bunch of cantankerous keyboard warriors tbh.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 210 ✭✭PaulM1977

The lead singer of Maroon 5, whatever his name is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Art Garfunkel was a bit of a d1ck at his vicar street gig a few years back.

I thought it was interesting that Paul Simon would rather tour with Sting of all people, rather than Garfunkel.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,489 ✭✭✭Yamanoto

What did he do?

I met Art Garfunkel about 10 years ago in a social setting & he was withdrawn & uncommunicative, almost to the point of being somewhere on the spectrum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

Yamanoto wrote: »
    What did he do?

I met Art Garfunkel about 10 years ago in a social setting & he was withdrawn & uncommunicative, almost to the point of being somewhere on the spectrum.

He had a go at a member of the audience for talking during the start of a song.
    Made a big song and dance about it. Humiliated the poor woman and went on a self righteous tirade about how much work he puts into his songs and she had no respect for that.
    He then asked her what she had to say that was so important.
    She sheepishly told him that she was just telling her friend how much she loves this song.

Uggghhhh... I still cringe thinking about how awkward the room felt after that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 426 ✭✭custard gannet

Morrisey strikes one as being an absolute plank.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

He had a go at a member of the audience for talking during the start of a song.
    Made a big song and dance about it. Humiliated the poor woman and went on a self righteous tirade about how much work he puts into his songs and she had no respect for that.
    He then asked her what she had to say that was so important.
    She sheepishly told him that she was just telling her friend how much she loves this song.

Uggghhhh... I still cringe thinking about how awkward the room felt after that.

I am fully on Garfunkel's side.

Too many people aren't there in the moment. Why pay money to go to a show to chat on a mobile phone?

The Eagles have the right idea getting security to confiscate phones and kick people out of concerts if they don't oblige.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Yamanoto wrote: »
    +1 for Mike Love of the Beach Boys, a man with an industry wide reputation as a deeply unpleasant human being.

If you were to get an envelope, seal it up and just write the word 'ᏟՍΝΤ' on the front and put it in a postbox anywhere on the planet, it'd end up on Mike Love's doormat.

Can anyone recommend a book on the Beach Boys?
    I'd be interested to discover where the lack of love for Mike comes from..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

UsedToWait wrote: »

Catch a Wave: The Rise, Fall and Redemption of The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson is a good start. And that leaves out a LOT of stuff.

https://manvsclown.wordpress.com/2006/07/21/why-i-hate-mike-love/

Read this article, and the accompanying comments. This will give you a good idea why he is so universally disliked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSAQX2uuUY

And watch his speech for their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

That should give you a good idea how much of a cretin he is.

UsedToWait wrote: »

I don't know any books, but there are documentaries on YouTube, and a film about Brian Wilson was out recently called Love & Mercy which features some Mike Cnutishness.

A great example of how much of a prick he is comes from the recording of Surfs Up. Brian was in the depths of depression at the time and wrote the AMAZING Til I Die about his experience. Upon playing it to the guys, Mike Love remarked "Well that's a ****ing downer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Morrissey. Always loved his music, but I can't actually listen to him being interviewed without getting annoyed.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭karaokeman

Saipanne wrote: »
    Kayne has nothing on Mike Love.

Meh, at least Mike Love isn't a desperate attention seeker.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Catch a Wave: The Rise, Fall and Redemption of The Beach Boys' Brian Wilson is a good start. And that leaves out a LOT of stuff.

https://manvsclown.wordpress.com/2006/07/21/why-i-hate-mike-love/

Read this article, and the accompanying comments. This will give you a good idea why he is so universally disliked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZSAQX2uuUY

And watch his speech for their Rock and Roll Hall of Fame induction.

That should give you a good idea how much of a cretin he is.

Thanks. Just read the article and watched the speech, and I'm a convert to the cause. What an absolute tosspot.

Advertisement