Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most unlikable people in music

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭Midlife Crashes

Has to be Ronnie Radke or Craig Owens.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

karaokeman wrote: »
    Meh, at least Mike Love isn't a desperate attention seeker.

Yes, he is.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mahoganygas

I am fully on Garfunkel's side.

Too many people aren't there in the moment. Why pay money to go to a show to chat on a mobile phone?

The Eagles have the right idea getting security to confiscate phones and kick people out of concerts if they don't oblige.

The woman leaned across the table and spoke to her friend when she heard the opening chord. There was no mobile phone, or constant chatter.

Are you suggesting everybody should remain in silence during gigs?
    If I wanted to hear an artist's music in silence I'd stick in some earphones at home.

I go to a gig for the atmosphere. That comes from the crowd - singing along, dancing, clapping, cheering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,882 ✭✭✭Saipanne

The woman leaned across the table and spoke to her friend when she heard the opening chord. There was no mobile phone, or constant chatter.

Are you suggesting everybody should remain in silence during gigs?
    If I wanted to hear an artist's music in silence I'd stick in some earphones at home.

I go to a gig for the atmosphere. That comes from the crowd - singing along, dancing, clapping, cheering.

Was it a singer-songwriter type gig with just a guitar and voice?

If so, people should shut their mouths when the performance starts.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,453 ✭✭✭Rigsby

Thirty five posts in, and no mention of Mr Nasty himself...Ginger Baker...makes most of the other names mentioned so far, look like angels. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,273 ✭✭✭UsedToWait

Rigsby wrote: »
    Thirty five posts in, and no mention of Mr Nasty himself...Ginger Baker...makes most of the other names mentioned so far, look like angels. :D

Great doc 'Beware of Mr Baker' if anyone hasn't seen it..
    I think loveable rogue is the correct term for Ginger though :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 369 ✭✭lewisdhead

Mark Kozelek springs to mind after a few recent spats he's had with other bands and journalists.

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Great doc 'Beware of Mr Baker' if anyone hasn't seen it..
    I think loveable rogue is the correct term for Ginger though :)

I agree with your first sentence. However...."arrogant, obnoxious, (insert your own noun here) who has not got a good word to say about anyone"...is closer to the mark than your "lovable rogue" IMO. ;)

I agree with your first sentence. However...."arrogant, obnoxious, (insert your own noun here) who has not got a good word to say about anyone"...is closer to the mark than your "lovable rogue" IMO. ;)

Well, I can't argue that he's all of the above, but there something about him that makes me forgive his foibles :)

Anyway, anyone who hates Clapton can't be all bad.. I read his (Clapton's) autobiography, and ended up disliking him more than when I started (the book was a present)..
    The only other musician that had the same affect on me was Pete Townsend..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Bernard Sumner..saw him at EP a few years back..he said something like this "it's as hard to get a good band as it is a good crowd these days"
    Knob..
    Dave Couse from A House (years and years ago) insulted the ****e out of the crowd...gave away my Big Fat Merry Go Round LP afterwards...

• Advertisement

UsedToWait wrote: »
    Well, I can't argue that he's all of the above, but there something about him that makes me forgive his foibles :)

Anyway, anyone who hates Clapton can't be all bad.. I read his (Clapton's) autobiography, and ended up disliking him more than when I started (the book was a present)..
    The only other musician that had the same affect on me was Pete Townsend..

I read the Clapton book too and while he can be moody, self centered and at times very immature, again, IMO he is way behind Baker in the "Mr Obnoxious" stakes. Also, he does not hate Clapton at all. According to the film "Be Aware of Mr Baker", Clapton was one of the few people that Baker actually seemed to get along with.

It says a lot about Baker, when his own son says that it would have been better if he (Baker) had never had children. I dont see any reason why he should be forgiven seeing that he himself is generally responsible for the situation (generally financial) he finds himself in. Nothing about all the money he squandered on polo ponies. Yet he blames everyone any anyone else for his predicament.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,168 ✭✭✭Ursus Horribilis

Billy Corgan.

I read the Clapton book too and while he can be moody, self centered and at times very immature, again, IMO he is way behind Baker in the "Mr Obnoxious" stakes. Also, he does not hate Clapton at all. According to the film "Be Aware of Mr Baker", Clapton was one of the few people that Baker actually seemed to get along with.

It says a lot about Baker, when his own son says that it would have been better if he (Baker) had never had children. I dont see any reason why he should be forgiven seeing that he himself is generally responsible for the situation (generally financial) he finds himself in. Nothing about all the money he squandered on polo ponies. Yet he blames everyone any anyone else for his predicament.

Ah I'll conceed the Clapton point, was just using it as a segue from Baker :)
    Still, I know who I'd prefer to go for a night out with ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭Sergei Malatov

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Don Henley or Glenn Frey yet.

I love their music but they are self-centered, egotistical, cantankerous greedy and hard to warm to.

Henley, though, has the talent to back it up more so than Frey - and I do agree with a lot of his worldviews.

I still like them anyway.

Joe Walsh can do no wrong - even though he is Henley and Frey's puppet and quickly forgot how Don Felder got him into rehab and was his support system when he was off his head on alcohol and drugs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

Anton Newcombe strikes me as a massive tosser

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

I can't believe nobody has mentioned Don Henley or Glenn Frey yet.

I love their music but they are self-centered, egotistical, cantankerous greedy and hard to warm to.

Henley, though, has the talent to back it up more so than Frey - and I do agree with a lot of his worldviews.

I still like them anyway.

Joe Walsh can do no wrong - even though he is Henley and Frey's puppet and quickly forgot how Don Felder got him into rehab and was his support system when he was off his head on alcohol and drugs.
    I saw some bits of a documentary on the Eagles last year, and the 'greedy' bit came through loud and clear in the short segments that I watched.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,752 ✭✭✭✭RobertKK

Rihanna is intolerable. People who work for her have to dress in expensive clothes, zero tolerance for a family bereavement and they live to serve her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,665 ✭✭✭✭sryanbruen

Justin Bieber, oh sorry "Dustbin Bieber" and MattyBRaps

• Closed Accounts Posts: 511 ✭✭✭TheBiz

Ariana Grande, I don't listen to most of the music played on the radio but I've heard somewhere that she's a self entitled little ****

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

Mark E Smith. Love his music, but he'd be the last person I would like to meet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Anesthetize

O'Neill wrote: »
    Mark E Smith. Love his music, but he'd be the last person I would like to meet
    I'd love to meet Mark E. Smith, he's a funny bastard. I think a lot of people don't get his sense of humour.

• Registered Users Posts: 316 ✭✭O'Neill

I'd love to meet Mark E. Smith, he's a funny bastard. I think a lot of people don't get his sense of humour.

Yeah he is, but still, I'll be a bit intimidated by him though if I do meet him.

I would also add Terry Hall as well.

O'Neill wrote: »

I would also add Terry Hall as well.

Terry Hall freely admits to only turning into a grumpy old fart after packing up the fags. Describes himself as great craic 25 years ago when he smoked 60 (!) a day. Been in a foul mood ever since, says Terry, and even stopped going to watch Coventry City play in the football because of it :D.

Can't give a source for this cos the interview was donkey's years ago. Can't even remember the magazine, but that's pretty much exactly what the man said about himself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,258 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

Seriously? I'm the first to say it?! Ah well...

Pete Doherty.

Injecting passed out girls with heroin anyone?

Advertisement