Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hannibal Buress - Vicar St. Oct 14th

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,850 ✭✭✭FouxDaFaFa

I don't know how I missed this, I'd love to see Hannibal.

I think he's sold out though. Or ticketmaster is just being its usual charming self.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

FouxDaFaFa wrote: »
    I don't know how I missed this, I'd love to see Hannibal.

I think he's sold out though. Or ticketmaster is just being its usual charming self.

No there's still table seats available. Try it again.

They announced it and put them on sale very quickly.

Great stuff, got a ticket. Looking forward to this.

Anyone seen him live before?

Support on the night is from Davey Reilly.

If anyone is heading to this alone and fancies meeting beforehand in the bar, send me a PM. This is uncharacteristically friendly behaviour on my part.

Otherwise, enjoy the gig everyone.

• Advertisement

Enjoyed this gig last night.

It was my first time in Vicar St.

Good support act and Hannibal did well.

He's the first act I've seen since the Edinburgh Fringe so it took a bit to get used to the "American" style of there being no over-arching connecting theme to the jokes, just a period of time where the comedian tells jokes.

That being said, Hannibal is funny. Gibberish rap was great.

Really enjoyed it too - disappointing to hear it sold so badly. Every second person I met there had received a free ticket!

Heard a few people griping about David Reilly but I thought he did a great job and Hannibal was charming and funny as hell. He was hanging around in the Thomas House afterwards where the Famous People on My Knee lady snapped him:

tumblr_nw8g896XZJ1sar1l4o1_1280.jpg

(If you could see through Hannibal's head you'd see me looking all cool and stuff)

Yeah, even though I wasn't used to the venue I could tell it hadn't sold well. It's a pity but I suppose he isn't well known enough in Ireland and, in fairness, Vicar St is an ambitious venue to fill your first time over. What is it, about a thousand seats?

I liked David Reilly. He's offbeat but I think it worked well.

Advertisement