If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Price and recommendations for Multi room audio, Projector, screen and more

Options
  • 20-09-2015 8:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a price and/or additional recommendations for the following setup please.

I'm looking to get a wireless multi room system in place covering about 3 fixed zones. I was looking at Sonos and the Denon Heos. I'll also be adding some standalone Play 1s, 3s etc or the Heos 1,3s etc. The setup is basically to consist of the following:

2 Outdoor speakers (1 Zone)
    2 Speakers in Kitchen and 2 in Living room (1 Zone as it a large open plan room)
    1 small speaker in a bathroom (1 zone)

If it was possible to add an on- off switch I'd put an additional 2 speakers in a bedroom (connected to the bathroom zone) but I would need to be able to turn the bedroom speaker on/off if the bathroom speaker was playing. I'd rather not add it as another zone although a switch may cost just as much. I'm fine if this was a wall switch.

I'm also putting in a Projector and screen in another room. I'm looking at the Optima HD26 or one of the BenQ range. The screen needs to be electric and I'm thinking about 131"  or 3 meters ish. In this room I'm also looking to put a surround system so will need 5 speakers and an Amp. I'd also like to connect an Xbox 360 to the receiver/projector and be able to connect a laptop via a HDMI connection. I plan to add Sonos connect or Denon wireless link to utilise this room as an additional zone for either the Heos or Sonos (this being an extra zone to the 3 listed above)

What I was thinking equipment wise was:

Assuming a Denos System
    • 3 Denon Multiroom wireless Amps (for the 3 Zones)
    • 4 Q-Acoustics Q Install Qi65C Ceiling Speakers (2 pairs) 2 living and 2 kitchen
    • 1 Q-Acoustics Q Install Qi65 ST Ceiling Speakers for bathroom
    • 2 Tannoy DVS 6 for Outdoor (1 pair)
    • 1 Heos 1
    • 1 Heos 3
    • 1 Heos 5
    [*]

OR

Sonos System
    • 3 Sonos Connect Amps (for the 3 Zones)
    • 4 Q-Acoustics Q Install Qi65C Ceiling Speakers (2 pairs) 2 living and 2 kitchen
    • 1 Play 1
    • 1 Play 3
    • 1 Play 5
    [*]

Cinema Room
    • Optima HD26 or a BenQ (1070?)
    • Vision TM-CC Flush Projector Bracket
    • Motorised Front Projection Screen (open to options)
    • Sony STR-DH550 5.2 Reciever 
    • Denos Heos Multi room Wireless Link or the Sonos Connect
    • Tannoy HTS 101  Surround Speaker System
    [*]

I also like free standing speakers and was thinking something like the
    • Q Acoustic 3050 Cinema Pack. 
    [*]
    I know its pricier so if there was something in between that you could recommend.

TV Room
    Finally need some proces on a TV and Soundbar. Looking at previous posts the M4 Soundbar seems like a good choice. Is it worth the money versus something a little less expensive?

For the TV I was considering a LG 55UF770 or 55UF860V although not sure what the difference is. Would there be anything for not alot more cost at 60" or 65"?

I've checked some of your prices on some of the products against others but If I could get 'boards' prices on above and if there are recommendations in place of some of the items selected I'm open to it. 

Can I also assume there would be some haggle price the more of the this I purchase. Happy to discuss as I'd probably call up to collect in one go unless you could recommend an installer in Dublin.

Thanks

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Brian

Hi Guys

I'm looking for a price and/or additional recommendations for the following setup please.

I'm looking to get a wireless multi room system in place covering about 3 fixed zones. I was looking at Sonos and the Denon Heos. I'll also be adding some standalone Play 1s, 3s etc or the Heos 1,3s etc. The setup is basically to consist of the following:

2 Outdoor speakers (1 Zone)
    2 Speakers in Kitchen and 2 in Living room (1 Zone as it a large open plan room)
    1 small speaker in a bathroom (1 zone)

If it was possible to add an on- off switch I'd put an additional 2 speakers in a bedroom (connected to the bathroom zone) but I would need to be able to turn the bedroom speaker on/off if the bathroom speaker was playing. I'd rather not add it as another zone although a switch may cost just as much. I'm fine if this was a wall switch.

I'm also putting in a Projector and screen in another room. I'm looking at the Optima HD26 or one of the BenQ range. The screen needs to be electric and I'm thinking about 131"  or 3 meters ish. In this room I'm also looking to put a surround system so will need 5 speakers and an Amp. I'd also like to connect an Xbox 360 to the receiver/projector and be able to connect a laptop via a HDMI connection. I plan to add Sonos connect or Denon wireless link to utilise this room as an additional zone for either the Heos or Sonos (this being an extra zone to the 3 listed above)

What I was thinking equipment wise was:

Assuming a Denos System
    • 3 Denon Multiroom wireless Amps (for the 3 Zones)
    • 1 Heos 1
    • 1 Heos 3
    • 1 Heos 5

[*]

OR

Sonos System
    • 3 Sonos Connect Amps (for the 3 Zones)
    • 1 Play 1
    • 1 Play 3
    • 1 Play 5

[*]

Cinema Room
    • Optima HD26 or a BenQ (1070?)
    • Vision TM-CC Flush Projector Bracket
    • Motorised Front Projection Screen (open to options)
    • Sony STR-DH550 5.2 Reciever 
    • Denos Heos Multi room Wireless Link or the Sonos Connect
    • Tannoy HTS 101  Surround Speaker System

[*]

I also like free standing speakers and was thinking something like the
    • Q Acoustic 3050 Cinema Pack. 

[*]
    I know its pricier so if there was something in between that you could recommend.

TV Room
    Finally need some proces on a TV and Soundbar. Looking at previous posts the M4 Soundbar seems like a good choice. Is it worth the money versus something a little less expensive?

For the TV I was considering a LG 55UF770 or 55UF860V although not sure what the difference is. Would there be anything for not alot more cost at 60" or 65"?

I've checked some of your prices on some of the products against others but If I could get 'boards' prices on above and if there are recommendations in place of some of the items selected I'm open to it. 

Can I also assume there would be some haggle price the more of the this I purchase. Happy to discuss as I'd probably call up to collect in one go unless you could recommend an installer in Dublin.

Thanks
    [*]
    HI Blaze, many thanks for the post.

I'll spend a bit of time on this for you, and will drop you a PM later with suggestions/pricing etc

Regards
    Brian

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi Brian

Many thanks and if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. Look forward to the proposal.

Thanks

• Company Representative Posts: 17,285 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Brian

Many thanks and if you have any questions I'm happy to answer them. Look forward to the proposal.

Thanks
    Hey Blaze.

Brian should have the quote over to you before the end of today.

Hi Brian

Thanks
    Hi Blaze, have PM'd you

• Registered Users Posts: 118 ✭✭blazesoftware

Hi Brian

Thanks
    Hi Blaze, have PM'd you
    Hi Brian

Thanks. Have it and have replied.

Regards

• Advertisement

Hi Brian

Thanks
    Hi Blaze, have PM'd you
    Hi Brian

Thanks. Have it and have replied.

Regards
    Thanks for the email, will reply to you shortly

Cheers

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.