Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maynooth - cheapest/most reliable bin company

Options
  • 20-09-2015 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

Who do you use for your bin collections in maynooth? Currently using thorntons in Dublin but they've introduced excess weight charges and they've become really expensive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,852 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I have Thorntons on the price-banded annual fee. Never had a missed collection, etc. Had some issues with skips but not the bins.

Had AES before - never again. Spent more time on the phone to them about billing issues, missed collections (usually down to the billing issues; but not always) and so on than I have ever spent talking to any utility supplier ever. Never got the fourth bin I was paying for off them either.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭Peppa Pig

Thorntons for me as well. Rarely had any issue in the last 9 or 10 years. Green bin wasn't collected once but after ringing them a van came out the next day and emptied it. Very good customer service and very easy to deal with.
    I also think they are actually the cheapest with the annual fee and pay by lift.

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Cakes and Ale

Have had almost no probs with Thorntons. Moved several times and everything was handled with no fuss. They've never ever missed a collection, that's for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Mahons were bought by Panda, no issues so far. Used to really like Mahons.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Thorntons is the cheapest but we didn't find them reliable and their customer service is awful.
    We switched to AES,they are not much more expensive and they collect glass too. We have had no reason to contact customer services so can't comment there.
    Happy so far though:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭yellow hen

Moonbeam wrote: »
    Thorntons is the cheapest but we didn't find them reliable and their customer service is awful.
    We switched to AES,they are not much more expensive and they collect glass too. We have had no reason to contact customer services so can't comment there.
    Happy so far though:)
    Oh I love the idea of glass collection! They're prices are pretty reasonable too. Thanks!

Advertisement