Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Gameweek 7 Captain

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rooney (SUN)
    Will probably leave the captaincy on Martial again this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mahrez (ARS)
    Sick of Agüero though I voted for him.

Lewandowski! Just need to find a way to fit him in :p :pac:...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Fantasy Football 101: You don't have a 13m player in your team if you don't intend on captaining him.

Or do you? I just don't know anymore. This game is wrecking my head. I don't think this week is the worst week to yank the armband away from Aguero as I'd say many others are growing frustrated with his returns and will be doing the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Mahrez (ARS)
    AdMMM wrote: »
    Fantasy Football 101: You don't have a 13m player in your team if you don't intend on captaining him.

Or do you? I just don't know anymore. This game is wrecking my head. I don't think this week is the worst week to yank the armband away from Aguero as I'd say many others are growing frustrated with his returns and will be doing the same.

I think it's another good week to punt if people want to. I'll probably still captain Kun just because I'm not totally convinced by my other options. Better to not captain and still own Kun for an explosion than not have him at all

• Registered Users Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭Hococop

Silva if he is fit, pelle maybe (also if fit), 2 goals against united and home to Swansea this week who have been having a bad run the last few games

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez (ARS)
    Hococop wrote: »
    Silva if he is fit, pelle maybe (also if fit), 2 goals against united and home to Swansea this week who have been having a bad run the last few games

Swansea have conceded 1 goal in the last 2 games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (SUN)
    Martial surely undroppable after scoring again this evening

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,230 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Rooney (SUN)
    Triple captain Martial for sure now.

;)

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez (ARS)
    Rikand wrote: »
    Martial surely undroppable after scoring again this evening

I'd have no fear of him not starting now after sitting out tonight. In fact I don't see utd changing their front 4 from last weekend at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Payet or Martial....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Pink Lemons

Rooney (SUN)
    Martial, easiest choice I've made all season! Cue the Aguero hat trick :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hazard (new)
    I've decided to go with Sanchez after a lot of thinking about it.
    I would captain Martial if i had him though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,424 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

Rooney (SUN)
    Martial, easiest choice I've made all season! Cue the Aguero hat trick :pac:

If Sergio hattricks. I'll just be glad I have him ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 48,256 ✭✭✭✭km79

Mahrez (ARS)
    no ideas on my transfers
    no idea on my captain now either
    so confused
    *captains aguero

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭entropi

Rooney (SUN)
    Brought Martial in during the week, now I see he is a solid choice so have definitely captained him. Mahrez or Mata were the other choices (Kun hasn't been performing at all so can't consider him now...and he'll probably explode), Mahrez with a dodgy game ahead didn't give any confidence in that move.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 71 ✭✭Mr Robot

Wilson (sto)
    Captain Rooney gonna be my differential

• Closed Accounts Posts: 913 ✭✭✭tomaussie

Going with Bojan.

Looked good last week and will be sharper for it. I think he is a very good player when fit and playing.

More importantly, I really fancy Stoke to thump Bournemouth so that is the deciding factor.

He will hopefully be quite a good diffetential too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mahrez (ARS)
    Sticking with Sergio

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Costa (new)
    Looking for Hazard to put the nail in McClaren's coffin.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Sakho (NOR)
    Mahrez. Going with form

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

tomaussie wrote: »
    Going with Bojan.

Looked good last week and will be sharper for it. I think he is a very good player when fit and playing.

More importantly, I really fancy Stoke to thump Bournemouth so that is the deciding factor.

He will hopefully be quite a good diffetential too.

Not sure I would captain him but if it wasn't for Wilson I think he would be in my team.

Had a very good finish to the season last year and I can see him being in a lot of teams by the new year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,762 ✭✭✭jive

Theo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mahrez (ARS)
    My gut says Aguero but then Martial is running away with the poll here and on FFS so I think I'll just go with the sheep for a change.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mahrez (ARS)
    Lads someone talk me out of captaining Depay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,274 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Mahrez (ARS)
    Pellegrini on Aguero: "I think for tomorrow he is 100% fit. Maybe after his injury he was not all right, but he is now okay".

Yeah baby!! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

There's not many times that captain Aguero is a differential. Not even considering anything else.

(He says with fear)

Mahrez (ARS)
    FHFC wrote: »
    Pellegrini on Aguero: "I think for tomorrow he is 100% fit. Maybe after his injury he was not all right, but he is now okay".

Yeah baby!! :)

Bony and Iheanacho injured as well. I'd think that means 90 min for Sergio unless Sterling plays up front. Any doubts I had over Kun(c) gone

Mahrez (ARS)
    Bony and Iheanacho injured as well. I'd think that means 90 min for Sergio unless Sterling plays up front. Any doubts I had over Kun(c) gone

If they're winning he'll surely be pulled off with the CL game in mind. They have a number of midfield options who could move up front.

Mahrez (ARS)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    If they're winning he'll surely be pulled off with the CL game in mind. They have a number of midfield options who could move up front.

He made it 90' last season against Spurs before CL and they went 4-1 up in the 75'

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Artfu1Dodger

No love for Hazard? With Newcastle being gash I think i may give him the armband.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Mahrez (ARS)
    Sticking with Aguero.
    Sanchez VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,651 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Mahrez (ARS)
    Aguero (C)
    Martial (VC)

I might switch it around yet before tomorrow even though I feel captaining Martial is very risky given that Van Gaal will want to protect him from all the hype. He could see limited game time against Sunderland if Man Utd are winning comfortably.

Mahrez (ARS)
    No love for Hazard? With Newcastle being gash I think i may give him the armband.

Don't think many in these parts have him to captain him. I would if I did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Rooney (SUN)
    I'm going with Martial... In form, at home to a Sunderland side leaking goals. I love you Kun, but just not this week

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Sakho (NOR)
    I've now switched from Payet to Aguero with Sanchez still the VC. It's such a hard decision to make between the three of them!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

#Martialyolo

Mahrez (ARS)
    Aguero has scored 8 goals in his last 4 starts vs Spurs. Eight goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,830 ✭✭✭✭dahat

I'm a Utd fan and I have torn my team apart this week plus i love the Kid Martial but I like you cannot escape Agueros record v Spurs.

Team Kun all day long....

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Mahrez (ARS)

Shush will you.

In form players are the right options this week :)

• Advertisement

Mahrez (ARS)
    Shush will you.

In form players are the right options this week :)

I'm looking like having Aguero, Hazard and Sanchez in my team this week. I may accidentally have teleported back to 2014.

Mahrez (ARS)
    Aguero (C)
    Martial (VC)

I might switch it around yet before tomorrow even though I feel captaining Martial is very risky given that Van Gaal will want to protect him from all the hype. He could see limited game time against Sunderland if Man Utd are winning comfortably.

LVG and United were ridiculed for buying Martial. I'm sure he's more than happy the lad is shoving that down people's throats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,816 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Rooney (SUN)
    Lemlin wrote: »
    LVG and United were ridiculed for buying Martial. I'm sure he's more than happy the lad is shoving that down people's throats.

They weren't ridiculed for buying him, they we ridiculed for paying the amount they did and the addons, even if he scores 20 goals this season he probabkt wasn't worth that price tag.

Mahrez (ARS)
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    They weren't ridiculed for buying him, they we ridiculed for paying the amount they did and the addons, even if he scores 20 goals this season he probabkt wasn't worth that price tag.

Depends if you're of the opinion that one can justify a fee in hindsight or if you're still insistent that we should judge these things based on the available at the time.

The reverse I suppose would be something like Soldado who at the time looked a cracking signing but with hindsight was a huge waste of money.

I don't know why I toyed with this notion of captaining with Depay when I was always going to come back to Aguero.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Mahrez (ARS)
    Ace2007 wrote: »

Off topic but LVG said he was bought for the future. He said they were lucky that martial is adopting to the team so quickly. The fee will be good value if Martial can score 20+ goals for the duration of his contract i.e. 5 years. It already looks a certainty for this season. No one will be complaining about the fee if they do end up paying the Ballon D'Or addon.

If Martial had better fixtures he would be in my team and captain for this week. That being said Sunderland will be a nervous watch for me but the fixtures are horrible after that and he still has to prove that he is fixture proof which may or may not happen in the course of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs are looking a bit more organised in defense this season. Particularly in recent weeks, conceding very few and getting a couple of clean sheets along the way too.

Sure they conceded two against Arsenal but that was with a brand new centre back pairing who never played together before and the 2nd string keeper.

I've Aguero but I'm putting the armband elsewhere - Mahrez or maybe even Pelle.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

My captain picks this season so far are as if I've been cursed so I'm playing it 'safe'.

Darmian or De Gea? Opinions?

Mahrez (ARS)
    hogey143 wrote: »
    My captain picks this season so far are as if I've been cursed so I'm playing it 'safe'.

Darmian or De Gea? Opinions?

Just look at how captaining Kolarov went for people last week. Sunderland haven't been terrible offensively either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,303 ✭✭✭✭Father Hernandez

Just look at how captaining Kolarov went for people last week. Sunderland haven't been terrible offensively either

Very true although last week was my best points return for a (C) (Aguero & 5points)

With Sanchez, Aguero, Pelle & Mahrez in my team, there's good options but I really can't see Sunderland scoring.

Watch me eat my words now..

Mahrez (ARS)
    hogey143 wrote: »
    Very true although last week was my best points return for a (C) (Aguero & 5points)

With Sanchez, Aguero, Pelle & Mahrez in my team, there's good options but I really can't see Sunderland scoring.

Watch me eat my words now..

Yeah, but your ceiling isn't very high; about the best you can hope for is 6-8 points barring a unlikely peno save or goal/assist. I'd be captaining Aguero or Sanchez

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Rooney (SUN)
    Aguero for me.

5 goals in his last 2 games v City.

• Advertisement
Advertisement