Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Gameweek 7 Captain

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Spurs have rolled over every time they've played City in the last two seasons

I have to captain Aguero, Martial is very tempting though I think he will score

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Mahrez (ARS)

If I had Martial I would captain him, focusing more on what's happened lately than previous years.

I'll captain Aguero because I don't and there's an angel in one ear telling me Aguero has only scored one and that Spurs are keeping clean sheets, but there's a devil in the other reminding me of those 2 recent drubbings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Mahrez (ARS)
    Ace2007 wrote: »
    They weren't ridiculed for buying him, they we ridiculed for paying the amount they did and the addons, even if he scores 20 goals this season he probabkt wasn't worth that price tag.

At the minute he is looking more than worth the price tag!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,254 ✭✭✭shano_88

Ive been between Aguero and Hazard all week. Think im going with Hazard which is strange because normally when its between Aguero and AN other its nearly always Aguero!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,942 ✭✭✭✭ShaneU

Nib wrote: »
    Aguero for me.

5 goals in his last 2 games v City.
    Was that when he played for Atletico

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭MarkSRFC21

Mahrez (ARS)
    Now I have martial I may captain him, but I just can't shake that aguero feeling

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Rooney (SUN)
    ShaneU wrote: »
    Was that when he played for Atletico
    No.

For City, he has 10 goals in 7 games against Spurs. Only 2 away from home though.

• Registered Users Posts: 532 ✭✭✭Arbitrary

Rooney (SUN)
    City looked good in their buildup play against West Ham but with so many new players bedding in, they don't have that same cutting edge that Silva offers, they will in time when they eventually gel. All I can remember last season was Silva goal, Aguero assist, Aguero goal, Silva assist and so on...

Martial C Aguero VC.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭muletide

Going for Deeney this weekend.

Done a lot of Donkey work for the past 6 weeks in support of Igahlo and I know there is a good chance that the limelight may be stolen by the Nigerian again this weekend, but with 21 goals last season including a couple of braces he is nicely under the radar.

then again I will fully accept the 4 pointer I get when this goes arseways.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

Costa (new)
    I brought in hazard and martial this week and I'm going for hazard over martial. United aren't great going forward still and Sunderland will probably just sit back and defend which is a big problem for united as they're not great at breaking teams down.

Newcastle are awful at the minute and with pressure on mclaren they will likely try and play more attacking to get the win and will leave themselves exposed so hopefully still will be perfect for hazard.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Mahrez (ARS)
    I think martial is the best option this week. I don't have him so I'm going with aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Breaston Plants

Mata.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

I have Aguero but thinking of Rooney vs Sunderland. What say ye?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mahrez (ARS)
    Martial or Aguero. Will probably switch it 10 times before the deadline.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,787 ✭✭✭Benimar

Mahrez (ARS)
    yorlum11 wrote: »
    I have Aguero but thinking of Rooney vs Sunderland. What say he?

He say stick with Aguero.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭The Gibzilla

Rooney (SUN)
    wonski wrote: »
    Martial or Aguero. Will probably switch it 10 times before the deadline.

I'm in the same boat. Aguero's score at WHL last year keeps popping into my mind, some players just love scoring against certain teams (look at Naismith at Chelsea!) and I think Kun could hit his (overdue) big score this week.

With Martial, it's all about form. His form and Sunderland's. He's looked really composed in front of goal and has given United a new dynamic. This will, most likely, be his first start at OT too, so he really could bag a few against a ropey Sunderland team. My biggest concern with Martial and United is that it's happened many times before, when a team which looks to be in freefall go to a big club and park the bus, resulting in a 0-0 or 1-0 score.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Feck it I'm going with Martial.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,159 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

Think ill go with Martial.

Spurs have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Mahrez (ARS)
    Looking at the data, MNC rule so Myhill for captain ?! :pac: ?!

wafqxf.png

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Mahrez (ARS)
    I'm in the same boat. Aguero's score at WHL last year keeps popping into my mind, some players just love scoring against certain teams (look at Naismith at Chelsea!) and I think Kun could hit his (overdue) big score this week.

With Martial, it's all about form. His form and Sunderland's. He's looked really composed in front of goal and has given United a new dynamic. This will, most likely, be his first start at OT too, so he really could bag a few against a ropey Sunderland team. My biggest concern with Martial and United is that it's happened many times before, when a team which looks to be in freefall go to a big club and park the bus, resulting in a 0-0 or 1-0 score.

I will leave it with Martial. Form over quality this time. If Aguero does nothing again I might do something I should not mention here...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,943 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

Spurs are looking a bit more organised in defense this season. Particularly in recent weeks, conceding very few and getting a couple of clean sheets along the way too.

Sure they conceded two against Arsenal but that was with a brand new centre back pairing who never played together before and the 2nd string keeper.

I've Aguero but I'm putting the armband elsewhere - Mahrez or maybe even Pelle.

Well they did manage an off side goal in KDB but the spurs defence did a fine job otherwise.

Just need Pelle to do something more than Martial now

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭LucidLife

Benteke (AVL)
    LucidLife wrote: »
    I'm expecting a 20 point haul from Sanchez this week, to be doubled with armband

*cough* not often able say I told you so round here but this one time I can ;)

Mahrez (ARS)

Legend and now for tonight's lotto numbers please

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,345 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

You're a fool for not TC'ing him :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Hazard (new)
    spock. wrote:
    I've decided to go with Sanchez after a lot of thinking about it.
    I would captain Martial if i had him though.
    I'm glad I didn't have Martial now!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,136 ✭✭✭✭Rayne Wooney

Lol

Mahrez (ARS)
    PARlance wrote: »
    You're a fool for not TC'ing him :)

vote sanchez:)