Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Spurs v Arseanal

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,307 ✭✭✭MonkieSocks

09_09_09 wrote: »
    There is always one C'unt. :D

LOL :D

=(:-) Me? I know who I am. I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude (-:)=

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

Must be in their blood.

from Arsenal Thread

Well Done.

School yard rubbish. Just jealous we've got our own sub-forum that is largely unmoderated (because it does't need to be).

Said it before and will say it again, if all we had was a thread on the soccer forum I wouldn't be posting.

As for the game didn't get to see it, I'd hazard to say that these sorts of matches are fairly disappointing for both clubs. Could see by both lineups neither gave a toss really.

Then for the vandalism. Those people are anti football. Small minority I'm sure. One of the great things about walking up to WHL is those banners. They always invigorate excitement in me. Shameful act to be honest.

Edit: Just got a proper read of what happened and it was the hoardings inside the stadium.. Jesus that's even worse.. And then dropping them down onto their own supporters. Such idiots.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

Fazio was abysmal, not a player you can count on. Still not quite sure how Rose is behind Davies in the pecking order.

We play Arsenal early November, tie last night didn't have that derby feel.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭DubPerryman

Can't help but feel that our strongest XI would have beaten them comfortably.

In fairness, if they put out their strongest team they would have hammered the team we put out last night.

Us beating their second string doesn't mean much.

However, after last night I'm confident going in to our first league NLD. Lloris back in goal, a proper defence and a higher intensity match will play right in to our hands!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

In fairness, if they put out their strongest team they would have hammered the team we put out last night.

Us beating their second string doesn't mean much.

However, after last night I'm confident going in to our first league NLD. Lloris back in goal, a proper defence and a higher intensity match will play right in to our hands!

i dont know our player quality is still well behind them,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Never like losing to Arsenal, but of all the competitions we are in, it's by far the least important. Can understand Poch not playing a full strength team with City at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,913 ✭✭✭Ormus

Kiith wrote: »
    Never like losing to Arsenal, but of all the competitions we are in, it's by far the least important. Can understand Poch not playing a full strength team with City at the weekend.

Agreed yeah, I wish he'd played one of our first choice centre backs instead of Fazio, but I also wish he'd rested Kane.

We played more first choice players than Arsenal did. It was a fairly even game. We lost. Lets move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Dublin Spur

I thought we played quite well overall, didn't deserve to lose and lost to a wonder goal

Kane very unlucky not to score and we attacked quite well all night - Rose was superb

Disappointing starting line up but kinda get what Poch was doing - there's no point in having a big squad unless everyone gets a game some time - I expect the lads that came in were promised to start all League Cup games this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 610 ✭✭✭Devo from Dublin

Watched the match last night..was fairly flat tbh.
    Anyway,
    Woke up this morning..and on Sky Sports news.....

Spurs had spelt Gretzkys name wrong on his free jersey....
    They actually showed footage of him with the jersey...

Nothing about The Arsenal fans wrecking the stadium....:confused::confused:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,176 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

I've seen no mention of this anywhere, so i'd assumed it was only a handful of assholes that you get at any derby.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 695 ✭✭✭zombieHanalei

Watched the match last night..was fairly flat tbh.
    Anyway,
    Woke up this morning..and on Sky Sports news.....

Spurs had spelt Gretzkys name wrong on his free jersey....
    They actually showed footage of him with the jersey...

Talk about blowing something out of proportion. A few idiots removing advertising hoardings is hardly "wrecking the stadium", they probably already have the signs fixed back up.

If I moaned about the lack of coverage on the "reception" given to Arsenal fans by the Tottenham fans outside the stadium I'd be rightly laughed out of it.

And for the record, it was actually very briefly mentioned on Sky Sports News. But if SSN were seriously going to report incidents of fans acting the muppet then they would need to create a new channel. Happens all the time. Provided it doesn't go over the top and people get hurt or we have the crazy 'Ultra' stuff that happens in Italy, then it's a bit of a non story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭KingdomYid

Talk about blowing something out of proportion. A few idiots removing advertising hoardings is hardly "wrecking the stadium", they probably already have the signs fixed back up.

If I moaned about the lack of coverage on the "reception" given to Arsenal fans by the Tottenham fans outside the stadium I'd be rightly laughed out of it.

And for the record, it was actually very briefly mentioned on Sky Sports News. But if SSN were seriously going to report incidents of fans acting the muppet then they would need to create a new channel. Happens all the time. Provided it doesn't go over the top and people get hurt or we have the crazy 'Ultra' stuff that happens in Italy, then it's a bit of a non story.

The idiots have been arrested now apparently, so that will teach them to act the twat.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Charliebull

Kiith wrote: »
    I've seen no mention of this anywhere, so i'd assumed it was only a handful of assholes that you get at any derby.

it goes on all the time apparently, BIL goes to arsenal spurs at emirates (he is an arsenal fan), spurs fans rip the seats out at their end, arsenal fix same and send bill to spurs,
    must be a cockney thing...........

• Registered Users Posts: 1,406 ✭✭✭DyldeBrill

Would have loved to have beaten the Arse but in a way I think an exit from the Capital One Cup will do us good in the long run. I guess we were just hard done by, especially by Fazio's woeful defending but we were by far the better team towards the end of the first half and throughout the 2nd half. Rose was brilliant and I absolutely love his tenacity. He's had a few lingering injuries but after that showing he looks more than able to take on the LB position. Eriksen looks his creative self again, and I see things starting to mesh together for us. A lot of positives to take from this match.

We'll get our own back in the league...and my god I can't wait for that already!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,746 ✭✭✭irishmover

This happens all the time eh?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-3246829/Arsenal-fans-rampage-tearing-Tottenham-hoardings-following-Capital-One-Cup-victory-White-Hart-Lane.html

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2015/sep/24/police-arrest-ten-fans-hoardings-arsenal-spurs

I don't remember the last time something like that has happened between Spurs and Arsenal. Verbal abuse is not nice but what those fans did is just reckless. Trying to make this out to be a minor incident just shows the sort of person you are. Condoning this sort of activity is ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,917 ✭✭✭Sugarlumps

CPrYP6sWsAA97RO.jpg:large

Arsenal fan giving it the big'un then crying as he gets pinched.

CPrcvVhXAAAMwg9.jpg

Man bag alert.

Advertisement