Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pregnancy after Cerazette

• 21-09-2015 9:26am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Any experiences of getting pregnant after stopping Cerazette?

I have a three year old girl, it took over a year to conceive her. Since then my periods have been irregular. My husband and I have been using condoms, but I've tried using ovulation strips on and off over the past couple of years to try to figure out what's going on with my cycle. I never once got a positive result. I went on Cerazette around six months ago as the timing wasn't ideal for another child. Never had a period while using it.

Anyways we've now decided to start trying, so I stopped Cerazette around a week ago. Yesterday I did an ovulation test, and for the first time ever it was positive! We had sex yesterday morning, before I even knew I was ovulating, so I guess the timing is pretty good?

Is there much of a chance that I could get pregnant even before I have my first period after stopping it? I had very strong ovulation pains on both sides yesterday and earlier today, which I don't usually get. Any when's the earliest I could test? I know it's usually from when your period is due, but I've no idea when to expect it.

Comments

• Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Mod ✭✭✭✭Neyite

About 14 days from your positive ovulation using first morning urine and a good quality test such as First Response, you should see a result if you were lucky this month. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7 octopus lady

I couldn't wait 14 days. :pac: Bought some tests online. Did one yesterday - negative.

Did one today - i.e. 8 days after the positive ovulation test. There is the faintest second pink line on it. Is it even possible to have a positive test that soon? I didn't even use FMU today.

The strange thing is, I've been vomiting first thing the past couple of mornings, then fine for the rest of the day. I had hyperemesis on my last pregnancy, but certainly not this early on. I'm wondering could I possibly be further on than I thought? But then the positive ovulation test doesn't really make sense does it?

Even though it's very exciting, I can't help thinking "Oh f*ck" as well. :o What have I gotten myself into! :eek: :eek: :eek: :D

• Registered Users Posts: 125 ✭✭No1XtinaFan

A positive Ovulation test can indicate pregnancy but the fact you'd a negative pregnancy test afterwards I would say it was just for ovulation.

I was on cerazette for a few years and loved the fact you got no period! Came off it in April 2012 and periods were very irregular. Started TTC in September 2012 and fell pregnant in Dec 2012.
    Went back on Cerrazette around September/Oct 2013 a few weeks after my son was born but it really didn't agree with me that time so I went on the patch. Have been TTC no2 since Feb this year but nothing happening unfortunately :(

Fingers crossed for your positive result!

Advertisement