Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

01 Landline Forwarded To Mobile

Options
  • 21-09-2015 10:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

Hi,

I am looking to obtain an 01 phone number for a new business.

I don't require a physical phone line / connection, and i was hoping to just forward the 01 number to a mobile number.

Can anyone recommend a reputable company. I have used goldfish.ie in the past. Are they still the market leaders in Ireland?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

Skype are well worth a look. You can get an 01 number, install the Skype app on your mobile phone and/or divert to a mobile either all the time or just when no answer on Skype.

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭oo7

Thanks Graham.

My worry with Skype or any other app, is lack of internet connection / signal to handle the call.

oo7 wrote: »
    Thanks Graham.

My worry with Skype or any other app, is lack of internet connection / signal to handle the call.

There's an option to divert to a mobile number when you don't have Skype. I'll try and dig out a screenshot.

Added:
    363197.jpg

Great, thank you. I'll look into this, thanks Graham.

I should have mentioned, the thing I like about Skype is you're not paying for receiving calls when you use the mobile app. Usually if you're diverting calls to a mobile number, you end up paying per-minute for the inbound mobile call.

• Advertisement

My Skype got hacked over the weekend and taken over. A guy has spent the last 3 days harrassing my contacts for money. Skype refuse to shut the account down because I cant remember the credit card number or year I signed up in which was about 15 years ago.

Right now I'm looking to hate on Skype anywhere I can! :pac:

My Skype got hacked over the weekend and taken over. A guy has spent the last 3 days harrassing my contacts for money. Skype refuse to shut the account down because I cant remember the credit card number or year I signed up in which was about 15 years ago.

Right now I'm looking to hate on Skype anywhere I can! :pac:

Sorry to hear that. They seem to be down today too?

You should remove the Skype icon link you have on your boards profile too... it shows on every post.

oo7 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear that. They seem to be down today too?

You should remove the Skype icon link you have on your boards profile too... it shows on every post.

Yeah good call.

I would say they have been massively hacked this weekend, if this was a coordinated effort I can only imagine the fallout.

Even if I was a total moron falling for the scam its still quite an easy one to fall for. I got a personalised message from a friend of mine asking me to check out and support his new blog. When I clicked the link a perfect skype account page came up and asked me for my login. I stupidly put in my password. 10 mins later I cant access my account and all the internal account details have been changed.

I sent all my contacts a mail telling them I got hacked but the less internet savvy ones have to be reminded 2-3 times. All in all a massive pain in the ass.

A very easy mistake to make. Hope you get it sorted soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 773 ✭✭✭capefear

Goldfish.ie, we have been using them for a couple of years and never any issues

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,693 ✭✭✭scwazrh

using goldfish for a couple of years now and no problems

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Yeah good call.

I would say they have been massively hacked this weekend, if this was a coordinated effort I can only imagine the fallout.

Assume you changed your password but not sure if that forces any open instances to have to logout. If you open a chat window and type /remotelogout it forces any instance of skype open in your account name to close except the one you are using to input the command. Worth doing anyways just in case.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

I have the upc broadband and phone package. I forward the landline calls to the mobile. There is no extra charge because I have the plan that includes landline and mobile calls. Works well for me because I can use the land line if in the house rather than calling clients from a mobile number.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭Avada

Pretty sure Vodafone and eir offer this to business customers. You'd need to be getting Business Broadband off them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭goz83

Avada wrote: »
    Pretty sure Vodafone and eir offer this to business customers. You'd need to be getting Business Broadband off them though.

I have residential BB with them. The phone is just a cheap extra, which has worked out really handy, as I mainly work from home. Paying line rental with Eir is an expense I can without. Vodafone, I am not a fan of at all. Very high prices.

Advertisement