Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting out of a fixed rate - PTSB ?

• 21-09-2015 11:26am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 433 ✭✭

With all that's going on at the moment it seems very difficult to get some solid information about options for mortgage holders.

I'm lucky enough to have a property with less than 50% LTV. However we fixed for 10 years (seemed a good option at the time) and have 7 years of the fixed term left.

We recently received a letter offering MVR (Managed Variable Rate) but upon enquiry I got different information from different people. The latest information I received over the phone from PTSB is that it would cost "about €20,000" to break out of the fixed rate.

From some commentary on the radio it would seem that the banks are no longer allowed to do this and with a good LTV we should be allowed to move off the fixed if we wish ?

Does anyone know what the most up to date information is in this situation ? It seems to be different answers depending on who you're talking to.

Advertisement