Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Base of Griselina

Options
  • 21-09-2015 11:43am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

I have a young griselina hedge that I planted 4 months ago. They are approximately 18-20 inches tall. 2 quick questions:

A) someone said that in order to ensure foliage grows outwardly at the base of the hedge, you need to keep it trimmed at the top, is that true? As griselina can be a little bare at the bottom.

B) putting aside the above, as this is a young hedge in its first season, should I trim the top regardless? As autumn/winter approaches, or is it still too young/small?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭looksee

It is getting towards the end of the best time to trim griselinia. You could leave them till late spring at this stage, they are small enough. You will need to take off the leader shoot though to encourage them to bush out.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Tuesday13

Perfect, thanks for the info

Advertisement