Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mechanic Limerick city centre

• 21-09-2015 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭

any body got any recommendations? just want someone reliable that wont rip me off! thanks

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

Probably starting to sound like I'm shilling, but I use Henry Street garage, corner of Henry Street and O'Curry Street, always found them fairly good.

Edit: Phone number is

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭nerrad01

cheers, been trying to call them for the last hour and no answer...dont suppose you know if they are they closed for lunch time?

• Moderators Posts: 3,554 ✭✭✭Wise Old Elf

nerrad01 wrote: »
    cheers, been trying to call them for the last hour and no answer...dont suppose you know if they are they closed for lunch time?

They do actually! Closed between 1 and 2 I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

I would recommend not to go there.. I do all my own car maintenance.
    I was stuck one saturday and needed to have a brake pipe flared(simple task but i just hadnt access to my flare tool)
    They ripped me off for flaring a brake pipe i supplied them...i was caught as i needed to drive the car that evening...othewise id have left the pipe with them.
    They charged me more for flaring a bit of pipe than the tool costs...and its like a 5 minute job that most places would do for free as a goodwill gesture.
    Marty.

woops just left my key in with them there, ah well will see how much they quote

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,869 ✭✭✭Odelay

I'd recommend them,, will do good work and won't rip you off. The son Dom is a sound lad and plesant to deal with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,747 ✭✭✭Swiper the fox

Dominic in there is an absolute gent and has never been anything but fair with me. He seems to have passed over some of the control but he's usually still there.
    Hate seeing a place I know to be good and honest run down on an internet forum. If you were unhappy I hope you brought it up at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,861 ✭✭✭Mr.H

Polish lad Lucas (unsure how to spell the Polish spelling:D) on the Ballysimon road is great. Very much a gent and is very cheap. Never feel ripped off by him and everyone recommends him. I think he gets all his work through recommendation which is the reason he doesnt rip people off. He gets loads of business. I dont remember the name of his business or the number but hopefully someone else here will know him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭martyc5674

Hate seeing a place I know to be good and honest run down on an internet forum. If you were unhappy I hope you brought it up at the time.

I certainly did tell him it was a rip off, and he knew it himself sniggering at me...I'm just airing my 1 and only experience with them.

That was probably 2 years ago FWIW.
    Marty.

i went with henry st garage in the end, dropped my key off and they collected my car and did the job on it. so no complaints here, was a fair price too i think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,903 ✭✭✭zulutango

Can somebody PM me the number for the Henry Street garage please? Or the guy on Rossa Avenue? Thanks!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

zulutango wrote: »
    Can somebody PM me the number for the Henry Street garage please? Or the guy on Rossa Avenue? Thanks!

http://goo.gl/0TFOCK

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,319 ✭✭✭davo2001

Doublepost

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,481 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Looking to get brake pads done cheaply aswell have them and all rear brake pads is what i need

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 797 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

left my car at the Henry St. one for pre NCT test, and they missed blown bulb, thread on one tire and rear bushings need replacing. needles to say I left unimpressed and wont use them again. got the money back though as it was bought through LivingSocial

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭gerardk55

Has it changed hands by any chance?

I used them for years and was really happy with their work, then last christmas I brought the car in for brake pads and they told me the clutch and rear suspension struts needed replacing. The very same work was done in that garage in the previous 18 months. Told them this and said I'd take my business elsewhere as I felt they were out to pull a fast one. I didn't recognise any of the mechanics. Very disappointing as I had used them for everything for the previous 4 years without an issue and it was really handy for me.

Used a chap at the back of Mike O'Dwyer's down on the Dock Rd, very good work and reasonable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,569 ✭✭✭Special Circumstances

gerardk55 wrote: »

Used a chap at the back of Mike O'Dwyer's down on the Dock Rd, very good work and reasonable.

Have used marius for a few jobs, was happy with the work.

Advertisement