Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AIB overdraft. help needed to understand!

• 21-09-2015 12:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    I have never had any overdraft before in my life so i know very little about it.
    If anyone could help me understand it then it would be hugely appreciated.

First to all the facts:
    Theres a facility rate of 25,39 euro each annul or on each overdraft.
    The interest rate is 11,85%
    If i would use more money then agreed over draft then there is a interest rate of 12%

I have a overdraft of 500 euro each month that i could use.
    Now in my mind i have this fear that when the quarterly charge will come i would suddenly stand there with a huge bill over 1000 euro that i cant pay back.

So i want to understand this calculation so i know how much i have to pay if i want to use my over draft. Also there might be someone here who is in the same situation and would appreciate this thread.

So lets say i spent 500 euro in one day and it takes me 30 days to pay it back how much would i need to pay back?

Second scenario.
    Lets say i spend 500 in one day. How much would one day of overdraft cost me?

and to understand the 11,85% rate. lets say in a quarter of a year i spent 1000 in over draft. Will the 11,85% be taken of the full amount or will it be drawn for each day? ( meaning each day on over draft would cost me 11,85% of what i used?)

I feel unsure and very confused how to should calculate this.
    Any help would be so much appreciated.
    Thank you for your time!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

average 1% per month as a ball park.

€500 / 1 month + approx 1% interest. If you paid it back at the end of the month it would costs you about €505 including the €500 you spent.

If you are overdrawn by €500 all the time, then the annual cost will be about €60 + the annual fee of €25.39.

If you overdraw by €500 and pay it back after 3 week and then overdraw again and pay back again and overdraw again etc etc etc every month, it is still the same single overdraft facitilty

The overdraft lasts 12 months - doesn't matter how many time you into overdraft in the 12 months, no additional fee applies.

One day of overdraft of €500 will cost approx 17c.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 undersun

Thanks a million for this clarification.
    This is so much appreciated. Thank you!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

Advertisement