Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to disassemble telescopic net

Options
  • 21-09-2015 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭

Need to disassemble this to get it posted from Spain as maximum length is 1metre for postage.
    Net extended is 2.40m and u extended is 1.15m.
    There must be a way to take the telescopic slider apart which will just about make the 1m length achievable without cutting it.

Any one help?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭Tippjohn

One would say just twist the nuts :-) However it looks either back to front or seized.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭.red.

That looks like the Fladen net that aldis were selling? Good nets for small money. Open the nuts and push closed. If is stiff bang it off the ground and it should close up.

I use an ALDI net, marvelous, had 10lb plus Trout and Salmon in them. As with any net don't lift straight up with fish in it or it will break. Got two expensive nets from Britain, absolute rubbish, they went back. A real embarresment.
    The ALDI ones are three sections.

• Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

Tippjohn wrote: »
    I use an ALDI net, marvelous, had 10lb plus Trout and Salmon in them. As with any net don't lift straight up with fish in it or it will break. Got two expensive nets from Britain, absolute rubbish, they went back. A real embarresment.
    The ALDI ones are three sections.

I have an Aldi net at home but this is longer and stronger than it which is why I wanted it.
    Caught a 10lb salmon with the Aldi one myself earlier in the year but the lad who landed it broke it lifting it out of the water. Picked another one up in Aldi in August but came across this one last week.

I need to take the telescopic section apart ie remove the black piece that it slides through.

Thanks for all the replies.

Think I'll chance carrying it on to the plane.

On the basis that it is posibbly just jammed, chill the small end of joint with cold water and pour hot water over big end and give a generous tap to the ground.
    Would you really want to trust that net with a decent fish and also have to carry it as is?

• Advertisement
Advertisement