Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is a henty bag worth the money

Options
  • 21-09-2015 1:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭

Cycling in a and out to work, I leave my suits in the office and then use the gyn showers. The area where i keep the suits is not ideal and thinking of getting one of these http://henty.cc/de/

Is there a general consensus on these, good bad or indifferent?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 828 ✭✭✭Koobcam

Never seen this bag before but it looks like a really good idea. Would it not get a bit heavy though? Most people I see commuting to where I work seem to favour panniers if they are carrying a significant amount of stuff with them. I suppose if you left the heavy stuff at work-laptop, shoes etc-it wouldn't weigh much at all

• Registered Users Posts: 8,248 ✭✭✭07Lapierre

Cycling in a and out to work, I leave my suits in the office and then use the gyn showers. The area where i keep the suits is not ideal and thinking of getting one of these http://henty.cc/de/

Is there a general consensus on these, good bad or indifferent?

Seems to me you already have the ideal solution..that is no need to carry anything.

I do the same. I drive into work one or two days each week which allows me to cycle the other days without having to carry anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,744 ✭✭✭diomed

If you want to carry clothes you could buy ziplock bags in a pannier.
    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/2384511.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

buy suit with n pairs of trousers, leave jacket in office, roll trousers up and put in pannier
    simples!

• Registered Users Posts: 392 ✭✭Seanie_H

I use a Shirt Star.... Got it as a present and very good. Place your shirt in that properly and it'll come out wrinkle free.

It fits in my backpack. I fold my trousers and a towel, throw in socks and jocks and that's it. Very light and tidy bag with no creases.
    *I'm starting to sound like a bad Shopping Channel pitch *

Shoes stay in work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭aldark

thats overkill - all you need is an a4 sized magazine and a tough plastic shirt sized bag - the ziplocs above look about right. Put the magazine on the back of the shirt, fold it, put it in the bag - does the same job as the shirt shuttle and shirt star but with less faffing imho. the magazine allows you to fold the shirt and also helps to keeps its shape in the bag.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Yes, I know this is a bit of a zombie thread but I thought I'd resurrect it just to add my 2 cents about Henty, given that transporting gear on a commute is a perennial, question......

Anyhoooooo.......after many years loyal service my Travelpro suit carrier gave up the ghost so I looked around for a replacement for business trips......

The Henty caught my eye as it was an innovative design and was carry-on sized and promised a wrinkle free suit/shirt. It's utility on the bike was not a consideration.

Henty-CoPilot-660x400.jpg

Ended up going for a Co-Pilot, instead of the slightly smaller Wingman because I wasn't really thinking of it for commuting.......but it's ended up becoming my regular commuting bag, replacing a Deuter 35l rucksack.

So far, I'm pretty impressed. Standard of construction is good, and even on the bike the Co-Pilot is a practical proposition (although my commute now is only a 5-7km trundle)......it easily takes a suit, shirt, toiletries and shoes with space to spare. The outer pocket is handy for documents and the inner pocket against my back easily takes my SurfacePro. I was able to carry enough gear for a recent 3 night trip away for work and I found it worked very well as a piece of carry-on.

So as a general proposition I'd recommend it. However, saying that I'd wonder how comfy it might be over a longer commute (the Wingman might be more practical). The back is well padded, and it feels very stable on one's shoulders, but I'd imagine it would get a bit sweaty quite quickly.

Advertisement