Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switching mortgage and overdraft

Options
  • 21-09-2015 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi all, myself and my husband are three years into our mortgage and are looking at switching to another provider as it would appear we could get a much better rate. However, I've been consistently in my overdraft for the past few months and am wondering if there is any point in applying.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 186 ✭✭Pac2015

Vixter wrote: »
    Hi all, myself and my husband are three years into our mortgage and are looking at switching to another provider as it would appear we could get a much better rate. However, I've been consistently in my overdraft for the past few months and am wondering if there is any point in applying.

Thanks

When your account is in overdraft banks look at that and say they are living beyond their means because you are to them spending more then you are taking in, my suggestion would be speak to which ever lender you are hoping to switch to and see what they say but make every effort to clear your over draft and get it taken off your account.
    Not only will you feel better knowing you dont have one to use but your account will look better.

Advertisement