Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anybody interested in getting involved in an online busness?

Options
  • 21-09-2015 2:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭

Based on a partnership with different skillsets required.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,468 ✭✭✭sconhome

What have you in mind?
    What skillsets are you offering and what are you looking for?
    Are you an established business looking help to develop online?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭euser1984

Structure of the site and functionality more or less developed with Drupal.....idea based off another country in an area that affects every few other people (i.e mass market)....imagine attracting the amount of people you would for a sports site etc. Basically taking ideas from a hugely successful site and applying it to untapped markets. One of which is specifically appealing to a mass market which, again, is working in other countries.

Researcher, copy writer and SEO skills required....but SEO is something I can do enough of myself and focus in on although not something I'm interested in becoming an expert at by any means.

My skill set is getting the right people for the team and focusing on goals and moving forward....at the moment I'm doing the technical stuff which I have the skill to get things up and running and put the right structures in place.....of which I have done lots already. Ultimately though I'm an ideas person and like to get people to work with me to put those into place.

Edited.

euser1984 wrote: »
    Structure of the site and functionality more or less developed with Drupal.....idea based off another country in an area that affects every few other people (i.e mass market)....imagine attracting the amount of people you would for a sports site etc. Basically taking ideas from a hugely successful site and applying it to untapped markets. One of which is specifically appealing to a mass market which, again, is working in other countries.

Researcher, copy writer and SEO skills required....but SEO is something I can do enough of myself and focus in on although not something I'm interested in becoming an expert at by any means.

My skill set is getting the right people for the team and focusing on goals and moving forward....at the moment I'm doing the technical stuff which I have the skill to get things up and running and put the right structures in place.....of which I have done lots already. Ultimately though I'm an ideas person and like to get people to work with me to put those into place.

These days 'ideas person' translates into lazy person without the work ethic or drive to put ideas into practice.

Well, that sounds like a generalization.

I have put my idea into practice already and learned how to make it work....I've also learned methods on how to write content which is gonna be very appropriate to how people live at this moment in time, and having at the same time, the advantage of loads of content ideas being tested in other markets.

Besides, that's what all the top people of any companies do - get everyone else to do the work....it's not about whether your lazy or not anyway as long as you get things into action - whether that's by leadership towards goals etc. or sitting down all day hacking away at a keyboard.

It's not about the hours you put in, it's about how much you can do in the time you spend at it, that's actually useful....some people are more efficient than others. Lots of people go to their job for a 9 -5 day .... somebody that's motivated enough might get all the work they get done in a day, in the course of a few hours....especially if you can focus on moving administration work to an "administrator"....In my mind that's not lazy if you can get an admin to do.

If it's worth moving administration to another person, so you can focus those specific hours you would have spent doing admin on getting more dosh or moving towards getting more dosh, it's a no brainer...

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Ctrl Alt Delete

I have put my idea into practice already and learned how to make it work....I've also learned methods on how to write content which is gonna be very appropriate to how people live at this moment in time, and having at the same time, the advantage of loads of content ideas being tested in other markets.

Besides, that's what all the top people of any companies do - get everyone else to do the work....it's not about whether your lazy or not anyway as long as you get things into action - whether that's by leadership towards goals etc. or sitting down all day hacking away at a keyboard.

It's not about the hours you put in, it's about how much you can do in the time you spend at it, that's actually useful....some people are more efficient than others. Lots of people go to their job for a 9 -5 day .... somebody that's motivated enough might get all the work they get done in a day, in the course of a few hours....especially if you can focus on moving administration work to an "administrator"....In my mind that's not lazy if you can get an admin to do.

If it's worth moving administration to another person, so you can focus those specific hours you would have spent doing admin on getting more dosh or moving towards getting more dosh, it's a no brainer...

Wish you the very best of luck, I really do, but my god that was some cliché riddled post

In theory thats great, in reality when starting a small new business you don't delegate, you don't have the luxury. If you have the ideas and you really believe in the business go and do it yourself, or if you have the money, hire someone to do those things you feel you don't have the expertise for.
    Trying to take on a partner for the mundane stuff (admin) is just not realistic. Nor does it inspire confidence in a potential partner saying your an 'ideas guy'. Ideas guys run away when the going gets tough in my experience.

I would point out if your opening an online business, you should be a bit sharper on how to use an online forum like this - ie. sticky thread for partnerships, knowing how to edit a post without double posting.

You might think I'm just being purposely negative, but I'm just injecting a little bit of reality to your situation for your own benefit.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

One for the business partner sticky not a thread on its own.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055838808

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement