Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skype - not allowing connection

Options
  • 21-09-2015 2:48pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 19,711 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I have a peculiar fault - Skype is not allowing me to connect to the home page. Not even the echo is working.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 653 ✭✭✭Cul a cnoic

From here, we have the same issue with skype all day.

Status announcements

Issues with Skype status and calling
    By My status Leonas Sendrauskas on September 21, 2015.
    Updated 11:00 UTC

We have detected an issue that is affecting Skype in a number of ways.

If you're signed in to Skype, you will not be able to change your status and your contacts will all show as offline even if they are online. As a result, you won’t be able to start Skype calls to them..

A small number of messages to group chats are not being delivered, but in most cases you can still instant message your contacts..

If you aren’t signed in to Skype, you may be experiencing difficulty when attempting to sign in. Any changes to your Skype account such as your Credit balance or your profile details might take a little while to be displayed..

You may also have difficulty loading web pages on the Skype Community. For that reason, please check back here for future updates..

We're doing everything we can to fix this issue and hope to have another update for you soon. Thank you for your patience as we work to get this incident resolved.
    Link

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Skype was down for me most of yesterday too, back now. My Skype also keeps defaulting to Away status when I haven't set it (and I don't have the option to automatically do this in the settings..). Only have it installed on the one PC, strange issue

Nick

Advertisement