Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ATH Quaterfinal #2 BeakerJoe vs Gerrybbadd

• 21-09-2015 4:00pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,823 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Its time for the 2nd quater-final of this years ATH tournament which sees this years organizer seek revenge versus the man who eliminated him from last years competition Gerrybbadd. Will hget it or will history repeat itself, time to find out!

You know the drill by now rules wise so... here is your question:

Q: We have a thread on this board called "What to do with Sheamus?" now it's time for you to answer that question!

Sheamus holds the Money In The Bank Briefcase which can be cashed in at anytime between now and next years MITB PPV for a world title shot. How would you book Sheamus with regards using his MITB contract, when, how and on who do you have him cash it in? is it a successful cash in? and why did you choose this route as apposed to any others?

After your first post, why would your choice be better than your opponents?

Have at it lads!

Who gets your vote to progress? 5 votes

Gerry: Sheamo cashes in to make a Mania triple threat
    0% 0 votes
    Beaker: Sheamo becomes WHC as the authority / Heyman screw Rollins
    100% 5 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

What to do with a problem like Sheamus? Well its a question I’m sure WWE creative are currently scratching there heads with, considering they really booked themselves into a corner with having Sheamo win the briefcase in the first place(over the obvious winner of Roman Reigns). Sheamus needs to be built as the man and right now the WWE universe aren’t really on board with his character yet. Right now he’s in no solid feud, and he’s just come off on hell of a boring one with Randy Orton. The key for elevating Sheamus is to hide his weaknesses and highlight his strengths.

But it’s the night after NOC and it’s up to me to book the big Irish brute with this question and this is what I propose:

Firstly during this build up, Sheamus is subtly reminding us about his MITB briefcase and is beating everyone in his path impressively, though hes still under the radar in the main event picture. let us forget about Sheamus for a moment and build up the scene of the Cash-In itself. This will be at the Hell in a Cell PPV. Now in between now and the PPV, a lot will happen.

At HITC PPV, Ill book Kane versus Rollins as the 2nd from last match (Taker v Brock being the Main Event.) The main arc of this feud will be Rollins and Triple H being at loggerheads, with Seth having enough of Triple H’s roadblocks. Seth would accuse Hunter of being jealous and trying to sabotage his title reign as Seth believes Hunter doesn’t want Rollins to eclipse his own legacy.

Triple H will deny this but take offence to Seths petulance. Hunter says hes making Seth a true Champion by giving Seth these challenges and hes not happy that Seth is biting the hand that feeds.

Backstage Paul Heyman, who is around due to his involvement with Brock and Taker, offers his services to Triple H as peace maker and implores Hunter to let him get Rollins back on side.
    paulheyman_bio_original.png?1370999473

Sneaky Heyman though, finds Seth and agrees that Seth is right when he thinks Hunter is out to sabotage his title reign. Rollins become the newest Heyman guy, and leaves the Authority. .

Seth battles Kane at Hell in the Cell and wins. He celebrates with Heyman in the ring when Hunters music hits. Hunter congratulates Seth and says hes proud of Seth for once again retaining his title. He offers Seth the chance to re join the Authority. Seth grabs the mic and says hes better off alone than with Triple H trying to sabotage his reign.

Hunter says thats fine but he has a plan B......
    sheamus-mitb.jpg

With Hunter and Seth facing each other, Paul Heyman hits a shocking low blow to Seth and Hunter hits a Pedigree shortly after. Hunter shakes pauls hand and calls out .....Sheamus!

Out comes Sheamus and he cashes in. The bell rings and Sheamus Brogue Kicks a prone Rollins and wins the belt. Her embraces both Hunter and Heyman and is your new World Heavyweight Champion.

The next night on Raw, Heyman explains his actions, saying that he was working with Hunter all along to sabotage Rollins, who was getting too big for his boots. Hunter comes out and shakes Heymans hand and says it was a pleasure doing business with him and introduces the Newest member of The Authority, The newest Paul Heyman Guy and The New Champion.... Sheamus.
    sheamus_bio_20150409.png

Sheamus would now have the rub of Triple H, a challenger who the fans care about in Rollins and the vocal skills of Paul Heyman masking his own weakness in the promo department.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

What to do with Sheamus?

This is a really tough question. I’ve had to really rack my brains to come up with something suitable. How would he go about cashing in, and against who?

1mRTX4EQ.jpg

Here’s my scenario:

One Raw, a couple of months before the Royal Rumble, Sheamus is walking backstage, briefcase in hand. As he’s passing the catering area, he bumps shoulders with Fit Finlay. Fit doesn’t budge. Sheamus says “Fit, what the hell?”. Finlay looks Sheamus up and down in disgust, tuts to himself, then walks off shaking his head, leaving Sheamus there with a bemused look on his face.

Later on in the show, Finlay is chatting with William Regal. The conversation is going something like this: Fit: “I mean, can you believe it? Here’s this guy, that has all the tools in the world, to be on top, to be the MAN in this business, and look at him. What is he? A coward. Regal: “I agree. It’s not everyday somebody comes along with what he brings to the table. But he’s wasting his chances.” Just then, Sheamus walks on by, overhearing the 2 lads. “Are ye talkin’ about me, fellas?” asks Sheamus. “We are” confirms Finlay. Sheamus warns the 2 lads that they better be careful who they are talking about. Finlay and Regal stand up to face Sheamus. Finlay makes a bit of a go at Sheamus, like he’s going to headbutt him, and Sheamus winces away. “Ya, exactly as I thought” says Finlay. “What do you mean by that, Fit?” asks Sheamus. Finlay explodes all over him, and starts roaring “I’ll tell you what I mean by that, Sheamus. You’re a disgrace. A coward. You have every single attribute that a person needs to be on the top of this game, permanently, but look at you. Here you are, wincing away from me, an old, retired, beaten down veteran. Where’s the killer that broke loose on the WWE back in 2009? Where’s the guy that retired Jamie Noble? Where did that guy go?” “Let me stop ya there now Fit”, says Sheamus, “You’re out of order. I’m the MITB holder”. “Big deal” says Fit “the way you’re going, you’ll lose whenever it is you decide to cash in. Because you’re afraid. Deep down, somewhere inside, you let fear get the better of you. Your killer instinct is gone”

Sheamus takes this in. He knows Fit is right, but he’s angry to hear it said to him all the same. He looks to Regal, asking “And you Regal, is this what you think too?” Regal simply nods. Regal and Finlay then walk away, leaving Sheamus standing there, huffing and puffing with anger.

The next Raw, Sheamus is in action against The Miz. After a few minutes of the match pass, things aren’t going great for Sheamus, The Miz has the upper hand. Sheamus gets more and more frustrated, and the Miz continues to get the better of him. Eventually, Sheamus runs at the Miz, who ducks, and schoolboys him for the 3 count. Sheamus is irate. He starts pushing the ref, ripping at the turnbuckles, shouting at the timekeeper. When he turns around, Finlay is on the top of the ramp, doing a slow, sarcastic clap. “Good job” he mouths to Sheamus, before turning his back, shaking his head. He starts to walk backstage. Sheamus follows, shouting for him to stop, to come back here. Cut to break. When Raw returns, Sheamus is searching everywhere for Finlay, stopping backstage personnel, asking have they seen him. An attendant tells Sheamus he seen Finlay heading for the parking lot.

Sheamus makes a bee line for the parking lot. When he gets out there, he notices that there are a load of cars, parked in a circle, with Finlay standing in the centre. “You want me, big man?” asks Finlay, “Well, I’m right here. What are you waiting for? Come and get me!” Sheamus starts to run towards Finlay, who just stands there. Finlay lets a chain drop into view that he had hidden behind his back, which stalls the charging bull Sheamus in his tracks. “Still want me big fella, what’s stoppin’ ya” asks Finlay. Sheamus starts back tracking, moving in reverse. Suddenly, Regal nails Sheamus from behind with a tyre iron, and then both himself and Finlay start laying into Sheamus in a sustained, violent attack. Finlay is merciless with the chain, whipping Sheamus, and leaving massive red welts across his snow white back.

Eventually, referees, wrestlers etc all come running to break up the melee. The commentators are stunned, speaking in hushed tones. JBL talks about some of the beatings he’s seen in his time, but in this, the PG era, that was sickening, uncalled for and just plain wrong. Footage is played then all evening of the attack, and of Sheamus being loaded onto an ambulance, and taken away at high speed to the nearest medical facility.

A month goes by, and suddenly, it’s the week before the Royal Rumble. As is almost customary at this stage, a load of superstars have gathered in the ring in the main event spot on Raw, with each trying to throw the other over the top. The lights go out, and one white beam of light hits the stage. It’s Sheamus. He’s expressionless. Suddenly, he charges to the ring. He lays waste to all that come within his reach. He throws everyone out that he can get hold of. There are 5 or 6 left in the ring. The New Day, when they see this carnage, simply get out of the ring and run. All that’s left in the Ring after this is Ziggler and Randy Orton. Ziggler and Orton look at each other, shrug, and run at Sheamus. Ziggler eats a Brogue and collapses to the mat. Orton doesn’t back down, and runs straight in also. He gets his clock cleaned with a huge clothesline. Randy is out of it. Sheamus picks him up, put’s his head between his legs, and lifts him up for the Celtic Cross. (The commentators sell this as being huge, think *piledriver*) He dumps Randy on his head, then throws himself and Ziggler out over the top. Grabbing a mic, Sheamus starts to roar “Finlay, Regal…. Get out here!” The 2 walk out to no music. “Sheamus says “Ya know what Lads, ye were dead right. I had lost me edge. Me killer instinct. And I was afraid. And it took ye 2 to bate a bit of sense into me. That beating damn near killed me. But I’ve never been more alive. Or angry. Or focused. So I’ve got to thank ye. And to the rest of the WWE Superstars, ye can thank these 2 for what’s to come at the Rumble. Because I’m in it to win it. And I’m going to through everyone out that I please”.

The Rumble comes around, and after the opening match, Eden is backstage, and she has Sheamus for interview. She asks him why, when he’s the MITB holder, with a guaranteed shot at the title, is he entering the Rumble Match. Sheamus explains that the MITB is the tool of a coward. And he’s no coward, not any more. So instead, he’s going to enter the Rumble match. The ultimate test in endurance. He has to beat 29 other guys.”Oh, and Fit – I love to fight too!. And let me tell you something else Eden, even if, by some freak chance, I don’t win, then the MITB briefcase is an insurance policy. And a promise to whoever wins tonight’s championship match that, your fate is sealed atop the Celtic Cross!”

The Championship match is on before the Rumble, pitting Seth Rollins against Roman Reigns. Seth retains the championship after a hard fought match.
    It’s now time for the Rumble match itself. Sheamus enters around about the 10 mark, and his impact is immediate. He eliminates the NXT entries with ease. He makes a bee line for the Big Show, who goes straight out (commentators express their surprise, given it usually takes 5 or 6 to throw the giant out). He has a massive power struggle with the surprise entrant Vader, who also gets tossed out. Cesaro, Big E, Adam Rose, Kane, etc etc etc. All get strewn out over the top. Sheamus is on a roll, and looks like he may be on par to beat even Roman Reign’s record for eliminations.

Here comes no 28 – it’s Big Daddy Cool Diesel. Nash tears 2 quads and a hamstring getting Brogue kicked back out as quick as he came in.

No 29 is Randy Orton, out to a massive pop. Randy is out for revenge and himself and Sheamus have a huge brawl, back and forth throwing huge fists. Sheamus gets the better of the situation, picks Randy up for the Celtic Cross, and throws Randy straight out on top of the ailing Kevin Nash on the outside – the crowd can’t believe what’s just happened. While this is going on, the countdown for no 30 has been going on

5….4…..3…..2…..1……

CJVblZr.jpg
    “OH LORD!!! It’s Brock Lesnar”, cries Cole, “was he even scheduled to be in this match?” “Brock Lesnar does what he wants, when he wants” answer’s JBL.

Lesnar takes his time getting to the ring. Sheamus is pacing back and forth, with a massive smile on his face. Brock jumps into the ring, to be met with a huge Brogue kick. He goes down hard. Sheamus picks him up for the Celtic Cross, but Lesnar slides down his back, and hits a huge German. Sheamus is well rattled, gets up, straight into Lesnar’s clutches, and get’s tossed with an overhead belly to belly. Lesnar is rolling now. He picks Sheamus up for the F5, and hits it. Sheamus no sells the F5. He gets up, starts shaking with unbridled rage, and hits Lesnar with White Noise. He picks Brock up for another Celtic Cross, and this time hits it. Brock stumbles to his feet, Sheamus goes to through him out by the scruff of the neck, and at the very last second, get reversed and eliminated by Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is going to Mania to face the champ. As we go off air, Sheamus is beside himself, shouting about how he needs to prove himself.

Following night on Raw, Sheamus opens the show. He congratulates Brock, but also warns Lesnar that he was not the better man last night, he was the luckier man. Sheamus had one minute second lapse in concentration, after wrestling the perfect match, and that was his undoing. “However”, says Sheamus, “I still have this, my insurance policy”, holding up the MITB briefcase. “And here’s what’s gonna happen. I’m not going to take to coward’s route, and cash in on a broken down champion after a match. I’m not going to be the opportunist. No, what I’m going to do is tell you straight to your face. Rollins – Lesnar – Triple Threat at Wrestlemania. I’m cashing this briefcase in on the grandest stage of them all!”

Throughout the following months, Sheamus continues to destroy wrestlers left and right. Every time he gets near Seth Rollins, Seth runs away, knowing the damage that can be done. Brock is only seen sporadically live via Satelitte, until the final Raw before Mania.

At Mania, Rollins enters first, followed by Brock. Sheamus is down to the ring last, handing over the briefcase to the referee, and finally cashing in his insurance policy. Rollins gets eliminated early from proceedings, after taking some huge bumps from both big bulls. “The Destroyer” as Sheamus has become to be known, is trading move for move with Lesnar, neither man taking or giving an inch. It gets to the stage where both men are hardly able to get to their feet, such is the brutality of this match. Eventually, Rollins makes his way back into the ring, hitting aerial moves on both men, attempting pin falls, but both kick repeatedly. Rollins is outrageously frustrated by this. All of a sudden, Sheamus hits a Brogue on Seth, and he’s down for the count. Sheamus moves to make the cover, but he decides it’s Lesnar he wants to pin for the Championship – this is the proof he has been seeking. He attempts to pick Lesnar up, but Brock is out on his feet, stumbling etc. Eventually, he gets him up for the Celtic Cross, but Lesnar reverses straight into the F5. He goes for the pin, and Sheamus kicks out at 2 ¾ . Brock cannot believe what has happened. Rollins is stirring again now, but Brock takes care of him with a Gorilla press out over the top rope. As he turns around, he is met with a Brogue by Sheamus, followed with a giant Celtic Cross. Sheamus covers him for the pin, and gets the 3 count.

As he’s making his way back up the ramp, Sheamus is met by a beaming Fit Finlay & William Regal, both men with wide smiles on their faces. They clap for Sheamus as he makes his way towards them. Mania goes off the air with Sheamus holding the title aloft, determination & Pain etched on his face, flanked either side by Regal and Finlay.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    What to do with Sheamus?

One Raw, a couple of months before the Royal Rumble, Sheamus is walking backstage, briefcase in hand. As he’s passing the catering area, he bumps shoulders with Fit Finlay. Fit doesn’t budge. Sheamus says “Fit, what the hell?”. Finlay looks Sheamus up and down in disgust, tuts to himself, then walks off shaking his head, leaving Sheamus there with a bemused look on his face.

Later on in the show, Finlay is chatting with William Regal. The conversation is going something like this: Fit: “I mean, can you believe it? Here’s this guy, that has all the tools in the world, to be on top, to be the MAN in this business, and look at him. What is he? A coward. Regal: “I agree. It’s not everyday somebody comes along with what he brings to the table. But he’s wasting his chances.” Just then, Sheamus walks on by, overhearing the 2 lads. “Are ye talkin’ about me, fellas?” asks Sheamus. “We are” confirms Finlay. Sheamus warns the 2 lads that they better be careful who they are talking about. Finlay and Regal stand up to face Sheamus. Finlay makes a bit of a go at Sheamus, like he’s going to headbutt him, and Sheamus winces away. “Ya, exactly as I thought” says Finlay. “What do you mean by that, Fit?” asks Sheamus. Finlay explodes all over him, and starts roaring “I’ll tell you what I mean by that, Sheamus. You’re a disgrace. A coward. You have every single attribute that a person needs to be on the top of this game, permanently, but look at you. Here you are, wincing away from me, an old, retired, beaten down veteran. Where’s the killer that broke loose on the WWE back in 2009? Where’s the guy that retired Jamie Noble? Where did that guy go?” “Let me stop ya there now Fit”, says Sheamus, “You’re out of order. I’m the MITB holder”. “Big deal” says Fit “the way you’re going, you’ll lose whenever it is you decide to cash in. Because you’re afraid. Deep down, somewhere inside, you let fear get the better of you. Your killer instinct is gone”

Sheamus takes this in. He knows Fit is right, but he’s angry to hear it said to him all the same. He looks to Regal, asking “And you Regal, is this what you think too?” Regal simply nods. Regal and Finlay then walk away, leaving Sheamus standing there, huffing and puffing with anger.

The next Raw, Sheamus is in action against The Miz. After a few minutes of the match pass, things aren’t going great for Sheamus, The Miz has the upper hand. Sheamus gets more and more frustrated, and the Miz continues to get the better of him. Eventually, Sheamus runs at the Miz, who ducks, and schoolboys him for the 3 count. Sheamus is irate. He starts pushing the ref, ripping at the turnbuckles, shouting at the timekeeper. When he turns around, Finlay is on the top of the ramp, doing a slow, sarcastic clap. “Good job” he mouths to Sheamus, before turning his back, shaking his head. He starts to walk backstage. Sheamus follows, shouting for him to stop, to come back here. Cut to break. When Raw returns, Sheamus is searching everywhere for Finlay, stopping backstage personnel, asking have they seen him. An attendant tells Sheamus he seen Finlay heading for the parking lot.

Sheamus makes a bee line for the parking lot. When he gets out there, he notices that there are a load of cars, parked in a circle, with Finlay standing in the centre. “You want me, big man?” asks Finlay, “Well, I’m right here. What are you waiting for? Come and get me!” Sheamus starts to run towards Finlay, who just stands there. Finlay lets a chain drop into view that he had hidden behind his back, which stalls the charging bull Sheamus in his tracks. “Still want me big fella, what’s stoppin’ ya” asks Finlay. Sheamus starts back tracking, moving in reverse. Suddenly, Regal nails Sheamus from behind with a tyre iron, and then both himself and Finlay start laying into Sheamus in a sustained, violent attack. Finlay is merciless with the chain, whipping Sheamus, and leaving massive red welts across his snow white back.

Eventually, referees, wrestlers etc all come running to break up the melee. The commentators are stunned, speaking in hushed tones. JBL talks about some of the beatings he’s seen in his time, but in this, the PG era, that was sickening, uncalled for and just plain wrong. Footage is played then all evening of the attack, and of Sheamus being loaded onto an ambulance, and taken away at high speed to the nearest medical facility.

In an era where Kane, Chris Jericho and The Dudleys are criticised for being still in the main roster spot light, you'd like to take 2 guys who are even older and have them decimate your soon to be future World Champion. Sheamus taken out by 2 old timers isn't going to elevate him to the heights of World Champion, in fact it will make him look weak no matter how Regal and Finlay managed it.

Also Sheamus is just back after a lengthy absence and you suggest another absence, he needs to build as much momentum as possible in order to make the fans care and I fear your scenario will further damage him on more than one front.
    A month goes by, and suddenly, it’s the week before the Royal Rumble. As is almost customary at this stage, a load of superstars have gathered in the ring in the main event spot on Raw, with each trying to throw the other over the top. The lights go out, and one white beam of light hits the stage. It’s Sheamus. He’s expressionless. Suddenly, he charges to the ring. He lays waste to all that come within his reach. He throws everyone out that he can get hold of. There are 5 or 6 left in the ring. The New Day, when they see this carnage, simply get out of the ring and run. All that’s left in the Ring after this is Ziggler and Randy Orton. Ziggler and Orton look at each other, shrug, and run at Sheamus. Ziggler eats a Brogue and collapses to the mat. Orton doesn’t back down, and runs straight in also. He gets his clock cleaned with a huge clothesline. Randy is out of it. Sheamus picks him up, put’s his head between his legs, and lifts him up for the Celtic Cross. (The commentators sell this as being huge, think *piledriver*) He dumps Randy on his head, then throws himself and Ziggler out over the top. Grabbing a mic, Sheamus starts to roar “Finlay, Regal…. Get out here!” The 2 walk out to no music. “Sheamus says “Ya know what Lads, ye were dead right. I had lost me edge. Me killer instinct. And I was afraid. And it took ye 2 to bate a bit of sense into me. That beating damn near killed me. But I’ve never been more alive. Or angry. Or focused. So I’ve got to thank ye. And to the rest of the WWE Superstars, ye can thank these 2 for what’s to come at the Rumble. Because I’m in it to win it. And I’m going to through everyone out that I please”.
    Are you sure you don't work for WWE creative? B that I mean you've already booked yourself into a corner having old William and Dave take out Sheamo. While I didn't agree with the absence for Sheamus, I do agree with him being made look strong in the fashion you described, but after being knocked senseless it would seem more natural that he would be looking for revenge no? Why is he not going after these guys after what they did, regardless of what killer instinct they helped him rediscover. Is he afraid of these guys??? If I was Sheamus, you'd imagine such a warrior would be dying to get his hands on these two.

It’s now time for the Rumble match itself. Sheamus enters around about the 10 mark, and his impact is immediate. He eliminates the NXT entries with ease. He makes a bee line for the Big Show, who goes straight out (commentators express their surprise, given it usually takes 5 or 6 to throw the giant out). He has a massive power struggle with the surprise entrant Vader, who also gets tossed out. Cesaro, Big E, Adam Rose, Kane, etc etc etc. All get strewn out over the top. Sheamus is on a roll, and looks like he may be on par to beat even Roman Reign’s record for eliminations.

Here comes no 28 – it’s Big Daddy Cool Diesel. Nash tears 2 quads and a hamstring getting Brogue kicked back out as quick as he came in.

No 29 is Randy Orton, out to a massive pop. Randy is out for revenge and himself and Sheamus have a huge brawl, back and forth throwing huge fists. Sheamus gets the better of the situation, picks Randy up for the Celtic Cross, and throws Randy straight out on top of the ailing Kevin Nash on the outside – the crowd can’t believe what’s just happened. While this is going on, the countdown for no 30 has been going on

I, as a fan would be ****ting all over this. Sheamus wih very little momenteum is getting the super push with no real build in a Rumble. Hes in the Batista spot of 2014 and the Roman Reigns spot in 2015..... the fans would crap all over Sheamus in his current form. Sheamus needs a lot of work before hes pushed this hard to be the last man in the rumble before number 30. It wouldn't be heel heat, it would be Xpac go home heat.

5….4…..3…..2…..1……

CJVblZr.jpg
    “OH LORD!!! It’s Brock Lesnar”, cries Cole, “was he even scheduled to be in this match?” “Brock Lesnar does what he wants, when he wants” answer’s JBL.

Lesnar takes his time getting to the ring. Sheamus is pacing back and forth, with a massive smile on his face. Brock jumps into the ring, to be met with a huge Brogue kick. He goes down hard. Sheamus picks him up for the Celtic Cross, but Lesnar slides down his back, and hits a huge German. Sheamus is well rattled, gets up, straight into Lesnar’s clutches, and get’s tossed with an overhead belly to belly. Lesnar is rolling now. He picks Sheamus up for the F5, and hits it. Sheamus no sells the F5. He gets up, starts shaking with unbridled rage, and hits Lesnar with White Noise. He picks Brock up for another Celtic Cross, and this time hits it. Brock stumbles to his feet, Sheamus goes to through him out by the scruff of the neck, and at the very last second, get reversed and eliminated by Brock Lesnar. Lesnar is going to Mania to face the champ. As we go off air, Sheamus is beside himself, shouting about how he needs to prove himself.

While the fans would be happy Brock won, having Sheamus suddenly go toe to toe with Brock after being battered by two OAP in one of his last appearances is a huge suspension of disbelief. I wouldn't buy it. Im all for making Sheamus look strong, but how you've gone about it is just laughable. From being manhandled by Regal and Finlay, to a level playing field with Brock isn't believable.
    Following night on Raw, Sheamus opens the show. He congratulates Brock, but also warns Lesnar that he was not the better man last night, he was the luckier man. Sheamus had one minute second lapse in concentration, after wrestling the perfect match, and that was his undoing. “However”, says Sheamus, “I still have this, my insurance policy”, holding up the MITB briefcase. “And here’s what’s gonna happen. I’m not going to take to coward’s route, and cash in on a broken down champion after a match. I’m not going to be the opportunist. No, what I’m going to do is tell you straight to your face. Rollins – Lesnar – Triple Threat at Wrestlemania. I’m cashing this briefcase in on the grandest stage of them all!”

While possible and logical from a MITB holders perspective (why wouldn't he cash in on the biggest stage) its not a match I or any fan would want to see considering your build up. I wouldn't want Sheamo anywhere near the main event at Wrestlemania yet.
    Throughout the following months, Sheamus continues to destroy wrestlers left and right. Every time he gets near Seth Rollins, Seth runs away, knowing the damage that can be done. Brock is only seen sporadically live via Satelitte, until the final Raw before Mania.

At Mania, Rollins enters first, followed by Brock. Sheamus is down to the ring last, handing over the briefcase to the referee, and finally cashing in his insurance policy. Rollins gets eliminated early from proceedings, after taking some huge bumps from both big bulls. “The Destroyer” as Sheamus has become to be known, is trading move for move with Lesnar, neither man taking or giving an inch. It gets to the stage where both men are hardly able to get to their feet, such is the brutality of this match. Eventually, Rollins makes his way back into the ring, hitting aerial moves on both men, attempting pin falls, but both kick repeatedly. Rollins is outrageously frustrated by this. All of a sudden, Sheamus hits a Brogue on Seth, and he’s down for the count. Sheamus moves to make the cover, but he decides it’s Lesnar he wants to pin for the Championship – this is the proof he has been seeking. He attempts to pick Lesnar up, but Brock is out on his feet, stumbling etc. Eventually, he gets him up for the Celtic Cross, but Lesnar reverses straight into the F5. He goes for the pin, and Sheamus kicks out at 2 ¾ . Brock cannot believe what has happened. Rollins is stirring again now, but Brock takes care of him with a Gorilla press out over the top rope. As he turns around, he is met with a Brogue by Sheamus, followed with a giant Celtic Cross. Sheamus covers him for the pin, and gets the 3 count.

As he’s making his way back up the ramp, Sheamus is met by a beaming Fit Finlay & William Regal, both men with wide smiles on their faces. They clap for Sheamus as he makes his way towards them. Mania goes off the air with Sheamus holding the title aloft, determination & Pain etched on his face, flanked either side by Regal and Finlay.

While it Sheamus is capable of being built up well from the Rumble, the starting point of your story (the regal/finlay attack) ruis all credibility in Sheamus and his championship story. Id have no reason to buy into it and I would care fo a heel Sheamus to be going over Brock at Wrestlemania. Im sorry its just an awful idea the way Sheamus is currently. At least with my idea he wins thanks to Hunter, thus getting the rub, he is backed up by Heyman and he has a ready made feud with Seth who is newly face. Sheamus as a heel, with Hunter and Heyman helping him along, is much more appealing to me Gerry than have him be turned into Super Sheamo after being taken out by two old timers. While you have put great effort into your story, I feel its in vein.

beakerjoe wrote: »
    At HITC PPV, Ill book Kane versus Rollins as the 2nd from last match (Taker v Brock being the Main Event.) The main arc of this feud will be Rollins and Triple H being at loggerheads, with Seth having enough of Triple H’s roadblocks. Seth would accuse Hunter of being jealous and trying to sabotage his title reign as Seth believes Hunter doesn’t want Rollins to eclipse his own legacy.

Triple H will deny this but take offence to Seths petulance. Hunter says hes making Seth a true Champion by giving Seth these challenges and hes not happy that Seth is biting the hand that feeds.

Hasn't this been done already? With Randy Orton. And isn't something along these lines being teased currently too?
    Backstage Paul Heyman, who is around due to his involvement with Brock and Taker, offers his services to Triple H as peace maker and implores Hunter to let him get Rollins back on side.
    Why is Paul Heyman getting involved? Heyman seems to be the flavour of the month in a big way.
    Sneaky Heyman though, finds Seth and agrees that Seth is right when he thinks Hunter is out to sabotage his title reign. Rollins become the newest Heyman guy, and leaves the Authority. .

Seth battles Kane at Hell in the Cell and wins. He celebrates with Heyman in the ring when Hunters music hits. Hunter congratulates Seth and says hes proud of Seth for once again retaining his title. He offers Seth the chance to re join the Authority. Seth grabs the mic and says hes better off alone than with Triple H trying to sabotage his reign.
    I can't for the life of me think how it would possibly be a good idea for Rollins to leave the Authority to go with Heyman. He doesn't need Paul to speak for him. He can speak for himself.

Hunter says thats fine but he has a plan B......
    sheamus-mitb.jpg

With Hunter and Seth facing each other, Paul Heyman hits a shocking low blow to Seth and Hunter hits a Pedigree shortly after. Hunter shakes pauls hand and calls out .....Sheamus!

Out comes Sheamus and he cashes in. The bell rings and Sheamus Brogue Kicks a prone Rollins and wins the belt. Her embraces both Hunter and Heyman and is your new World Heavyweight Champion.

The next night on Raw, Heyman explains his actions, saying that he was working with Hunter all along to sabotage Rollins, who was getting too big for his boots. Hunter comes out and shakes Heymans hand and says it was a pleasure doing business with him and introduces the Newest member of The Authority, The newest Paul Heyman Guy and The New Champion.... Sheamus

Sheamus as the new Paul Heyman guy? Right up there with Ryback being the newest Paul Heyman guy. He might need to rub on the mic work etc, but other than that? AND the newest member of the Authority at the same time. Eh, ok... how's that supposed to work. I mean, i can see some logic with Seamus being maty with Trips but other than that, why?
    sheamus_bio_20150409.png

Sheamus would now have the rub of Triple H, a challenger who the fans care about in Rollins and the vocal skills of Paul Heyman masking his own weakness in the promo department.[/QUOTE]

Where's the build? I'm really not digging your idea i'm afraid. It feels recycled to me. Or at least part recycled, and part yet to come (already in the works in reality) with the HHH Vs Rollins bit. Other than that, there's not much else going on. What, Sheamus just all of a sudden starts beating guys out of the blue?

You see, with my idea, its built up over time. I get what you're saying about the 2 olders guys Beaker, but you see, these 2 were legit Bad asses. They used to kill one another back in the day. And they wold still be more than capable of doing so currently. The announcers would play this part up. JBL would speak of Finlay's toughness, about how he as the Belfast Bruiser, would face off against Regal inside of a ring of steel in WcW. This is why they lured Sheamus out to the parking lot, a throwback to their feud.

I get that Sheamus isn't long back from injury, but this absence would be required in order to rebuild him, and in order to sell the beating he took. And he does need to be rebuilt, because currently, where is he going? Mid card mediocrity and constant rematches against Randy Orton.

For him to go away, he can then come back, with a new attitude, and as an ass kicker. Then he can start steam rolling through guys. Theres the back story. In your proposal, he just all of a sudden starts winning convincingly. And he might throw in the odd reminder that he hold the MITB. And that's about it.

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    Hasn't this been done already? With Randy Orton. And isn't something along these lines being teased currently too?

Its not the same as Randy Ortons turn. Different players, different situation, with only Triple H and a turn being the only constant. Yes, a Triple H v Seth Feud is being teased already since before Summerslam, with the Sheamus question being asked now its only natural to continue that story which has been slowly built. Its simple continuity

Why is Paul Heyman getting involved? Heyman seems to be the flavour of the month in a big way.

Hes not flavour of the month, hes a reliable, dependable safe bet who can make a good situation better. He can fuel Seth v Hunter and while at the same time hiding the vocal weakness of Sheamus thus making him stronger as a result.

Paul Heyman is rarely not on form, and can easily add much need dram and suspense to this story, as well as help keep Sheamus credible.
    I can't for the life of me think how it would possibly be a good idea for Rollins to leave the Authority to go with Heyman. He doesn't need Paul to speak for him. He can speak for himself.

Its a story, he feels like Triple H is jealous of him and he feels paranoid that Hunter is out to sabotage him, which is a fair point. Hes pitted him against Brock, Cena and Cena and Sting in the one night and its appears he not helping Seth the way he would like. He doesn't need Paul, you are right but Sheamus eventually will and the end justifies the means and furthers the story at the same time.

Sheamus as the new Paul Heyman guy? Right up there with Ryback being the newest Paul Heyman guy. He might need to rub on the mic work etc, but other than that? AND the newest member of the Authority at the same time. Eh, ok... how's that supposed to work. I mean, i can see some logic with Seamus being maty with Trips but other than that, why?

Trips wants to derail Seth and he enlists the help of Mr Money in the bank, who happens to be Sheamus. Its that simple. If your going to make Sheamus the Champion, he will need every helping hand possible because his character is so bland and his interactions so panto-esque rather than more realistic, it makes sense to have Triple Hs support to make him more credible.

Heyman wasnt the reason Ryback didnt work, there was many reasons Ryback didnt work out as a heel and a Heyman guy. Ryback was still fairly green and Punk didnt want to job to him and WWE wanted to please Punk, and he was dead in his tracks when he lost to Punk shortly after turning heel. Sheamus will win teh big one and in my scenario he would gain momentum rather than lose it like Ryback.

Where's the build? I'm really not digging your idea i'm afraid. It feels recycled to me. Or at least part recycled, and part yet to come (already in the works in reality) with the HHH Vs Rollins bit. Other than that, there's not much else going on. What, Sheamus just all of a sudden starts beating guys out of the blue?

Theres not many ideas that arent recycled these days. Mine has been done plenty of times in parts, but with new players and a few tweeks like above it would elevate a new heel star in Sheamus.

You may call your idea "fresh" but I would rather call it complete fantasy to think the fans would not crap all over Sheamus beating Brock at Wrestlemania. Its just ridiuclous.

You see, with my idea, its built up over time. I get what you're saying about the 2 olders guys Beaker, but you see, these 2 were legit Bad asses.

No they were 2 legit badd asses.... WERE! Thet are past it now and never ever really portrayed as legit Bad Asses on TV. Nether of them ever got passed teh mid card in WWE and people would just see two badly aged men taking out YOUR NEXT STAR~!

The announcers would play this part up. JBL would speak of Finlay's toughness, about how he as the Belfast Bruiser, would face off against Regal inside of a ring of steel in WcW. This is why they lured Sheamus out to the parking lot, a throwback to their feud.

WCW WAS 20 YEARS AGO!!!! to have these guys beat up the next Wrestlemania star is shooting yourself in the foot from the off.
    I get that Sheamus isn't long back from injury, but this absence would be required in order to rebuild him, and in order to sell the beating he took

To sell the beating he took from 2 old timers..... sell their offence. That makes Sheamus look weak and to have him go from that sorry situation to being on par with Brock? Get real Gerry.
    And he does need to be rebuilt, because currently, where is he going? Mid card mediocrity and constant rematches against Randy Orton.

So how do you rebuild him? by having him taken out by 2 old agents whose prime was 1996-2000? not buying what your selling. Youd make Sheamus look like a punching bag to these two past their prime personalities. Thats not rebuilding him, thats damaging long term.

For him to go away, he can then come back, with a new attitude, and as an ass kicker. Then he can start steam rolling through guys. Theres the back story. In your proposal, he just all of a sudden starts winning convincingly. And he might throw in the odd reminder that he hold the MITB. And that's about it

I agree with building him back up, but having him off selling the beating from Regal and Finlay isnt the way and I couldnt buy him being Superman so soon after that. And teh longer hes out the more weak he appears because hes off TV due to a beating by two OAPs. Seriously, its not logical. Id never buy him being on par with Brock after that and nether would any sane fan.

At least with my scenario Sheamus would continue in the same manner and build momentum under the radar of the Main Event and look believably strong when called upon to cash in his shot. The rub with Hunter and Heyman would boost his stature and hide his weaknesses and it wouldnt hinder him in any way. Yet your scenario ruins Sheamus before strapping a rocket to his back in an unbelievable way that fans wouldnt buy.

Im all for making Sheamus look strong, but after a hiding from Regal and Finlay of all people, Id never believe he could beat Brock or even hang with him for that matter.

• Advertisement

Its not the same as Randy Ortons turn. Different players, different situation, with only Triple H and a turn being the only constant. Yes, a Triple H v Seth Feud is being teased already since before Summerslam, with the Sheamus question being asked now its only natural to continue that story which has been slowly built. Its simple continuity

So, I was right. A stale idea. And an idea thats currently in the works in reality. Just with Seth in place of Randy. There's no mention of a slow build in your proposal. Simply, Sheamus all of a sudden starts winning. There's no continuity

Hes not flavour of the month,
    Yes. Yes he is. In my round 1 match, my opponent's pick for storyline that was dropped all of a sudden was the teaming of Cesaro & Heyman, which leads me to...
    hes a reliable, dependable safe bet
    agreed.
    who can make a good situation better.
    How did he make Cesaro's situation better. Ryback's situation. Curtis Axel?
    He can fuel Seth v Hunter and while at the same time hiding the vocal weakness of Sheamus thus making him stronger as a result.
    Possibly. But the entire scenario is a clustermuck.
    Paul Heyman is rarely not on form, and can easily add much need dram and suspense to this story, as well as help keep Sheamus credible.

Other than talking for him, how would Heyman add to his credibility? Would he be the secret reason as to why Sheamus all of a sudden starts winning left, right and centre?

Its a story, he feels like Triple H is jealous of him and he feels paranoid that Hunter is out to sabotage him, which is a fair point. Hes pitted him against Brock, Cena and Cena and Sting in the one night and its appears he not helping Seth the way he would like. He doesn't need Paul, you are right but Sheamus eventually will and the end justifies the means and furthers the story at the same time.

This is likely what will end I happening between Seth and Trips. It's no secret that they are gonna knock heads in the future. Everyone knows this. So the idea, while it's yet to happen, is not new. Adding Sheamus to the mix actually dilutes the story, the long build, and will lessen any potential impact of a cash in of the MITB contract. Adding in Sheamus just creates one big, confusing pile of storyline.
    Trips wants to derail Seth and he enlists the help of Mr Money in the bank, who happens to be Sheamus. Its that simple. If your going to make Sheamus the Champion, he will need every helping hand possible because his character is so bland and his interactions so panto-esque rather than more realistic, it makes sense to have Triple Hs support to make him more credible.
    When it comes time for HHH to attempt to derail Seth, it's likely going to be him that will attempt to do so. I agree with your points about Sheambo needing any hand he can get, and being bland etc. But injecting him into this storyline would backfire. Large scale. The fans love a slowly built story. Like what's being told currently with HHH & Seth. They want to see them face off. If Sheamus gets thrown into that mix, especially with the confusing "Heys the new Heyman guy. No - HES the new Heyman guy" shenanigans, then the fans are likely to turn on this angle faster than Milli Vanilli's music career.

Heyman wasnt the reason Ryback didnt work, there was many reasons Ryback didnt work out as a heel and a Heyman guy. Ryback was still fairly green and Punk didnt want to job to him and WWE wanted to please Punk, and he was dead in his tracks when he lost to Punk shortly after turning heel. Sheamus will win teh big one and in my scenario he would gain momentum rather than lose it like Ryback.[/QUOTE]

I thought you said Heyman could make any situation better? I absolutely love Paul Heyman, and I think he's the best thing to come on the scene in a long time. However, he's not for everybody. He worked with Punk, because of their natural friendship and chemistry. And he works with Brock Lesnar because he is truly his advocate, in shoot sense. He's been with Brock from the start, through WWE, UFC etc. But' pairing him with Sheamus? Can't see that working. And it's not something i'd want to see either, as a fan of both guys.

There's not many ideas that aren't recycled these days. Mine has been done plenty of times in parts, but with new players and a few tweeks like above it would elevate a new heel star in Sheamus.[/QUOTE] They say in storytelling, there really are only seven basic plots, from which every single story ever told or that will be told harken back to. So I agree that there are not many ideas that aren't recycled. They all pretty much are. It's just yours have recently played out already, with Randy Orton, and the 2nd idea is one that is already on the works, so can;t be claimed as new.
    You may call your idea "fresh" but I would rather call it complete fantasy to think the fans would not crap all over Sheamus beating Brock at Wrestlemania. Its just ridiuclous.

In my idea, Sheamus is built properly over time, with a reason and motivation as to why he starts winning. Why he's returned to being that monster he was in the beginning.

There's nothing in the wrestling business that can't be turned around. Look at Night of Champions for instance. Prior to this, every single match in the Upper Card region would feature multiple false finishes, lads kicking out of finishes etc. (This was spoke about on the Wrestling Observer radio show recently). The point being, these moves are finishers. They're designed to finish the match. And now, all of a sudden, every match was the main event of Wrestlemania, with lads kicking out of multiple finishers (See Owens vs Cena's series of matches for example). BUt at NOC, there was none of that malarkey (great word). Cena hit one AA, and that was it. There were very little kickouts of big finishes. You see the WWE now realise that they are hurting the product by having these kinds of matches. So watch now going forward. A finish will be a finish again.
    No they were 2 legit badd asses.... WERE! Thet are past it now and never ever really portrayed as legit Bad Asses on TV. Nether of them ever got passed teh mid card in WWE and people would just see two badly aged men taking out YOUR NEXT STAR~!

It doesn't matter if they are or were. A chain and a tyre iron, surrounded by cars, these are the great equalisers. It doesn't matter who you are, if you get hit in he head with a tyre iron, and wailed with a chain, thats it for you, for a long time. And i disagree with your badly aged men comment strongly. Both men are still quite active. Regal wrestled a great match against Cesaro of all people not that long ago, and Fit would still warp the head off ya with a shillelagh, of that I have no doubt!
    WCW WAS 20 YEARS AGO!!!! to have these guys beat up the next Wrestlemania star is shooting yourself in the foot from the off.

To sell the beating he took from 2 old timers..... sell their offence. That makes Sheamus look weak and to have him go from that sorry situation to being on par with Brock? Get real Gerry.

I'm aware of how long ago it was. I don't need the history lesson, nor the SHOUTY CAPS. You see, I did "get real" as you like to put it. How is getting beat a with a tyre iron and whipped with a chain (regardless of who is doing the beating) supposed to be sold, in your "Reality". How does selling a bad beating make Sheamus look weak?If it was up to you, you'd have Paul Heyman out there, and HHH too.

So how do you rebuild him? by having him taken out by 2 old agents whose prime was 1996-2000? not buying what your selling. Youd make Sheamus look like a punching bag to these two past their prime personalities. Thats not rebuilding him, thats damaging long term.

I agree with building him back up, but having him off selling the beating from Regal and Finlay isnt the way and I couldnt buy him being Superman so soon after that. And teh longer hes out the more weak he appears because hes off TV due to a beating by two OAPs. Seriously, its not logical. Id never buy him being on par with Brock after that and nether would any sane fan.

At least with my scenario Sheamus would continue in the same manner and build momentum under the radar of the Main Event and look believably strong when called upon to cash in his shot. The rub with Hunter and Heyman would boost his stature and hide his weaknesses and it wouldnt hinder him in any way. Yet your scenario ruins Sheamus before strapping a rocket to his back in an unbelievable way that fans wouldnt buy.

Im all for making Sheamus look strong, but after a hiding from Regal and Finlay of all people, Id never believe he could beat Brock or even hang with him for that matter.

I'm going to finish now with this. My idea is entirely logical. It doesn;t matter that its 2 vets that hurt Sheamus, in an effort to get him to rediscover his killer instincts. The equalisers are the weapons, there's 2 of them, and it doesn't matter who you are, if you get hit with that kind of attack, your going out for a while. This is simply put in place to give Sheamus a reason to disappear for a little while, so he can come back strong. Then he goes out all guns blazing.

Your idea is entirely confusing. First of all, Sheamus just starts winning one night. No rhyme or reason. Oh, and he might remind us an odd time that he holds the MITB. Then, over here, Seth is feuding with HHH. Then Paul Heyman appears on the scene. Then .... well then shenanigans. And swerves, and double crosses.

All of a sudden, TNA isn't looking like the worst option.

I'm not going to beg for votes here, i'd just ask he voters to pick out the idea they like best, what idea they'd love to see played out.

Beaker, been serious fun dude - what's the bets we get each other next year too!

Poll bump

poll bump

Poll Bump! last call to get your vote in.....

Poll bump, last hour before voting closes

• Advertisement
Advertisement