Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time of the Month (€5-600 Gaming PC Build)

Options
  • 21-09-2015 4:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭

Okay, so I posted on here a while ago saying that I was building a gaming PC for myself in this price range but it didn't come together, however, my birthday is on Friday so I figured, you know what, now is the time to build it.

1. What is your budget? €500 - €600 Max excluding delivery

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? Gaming @ 720p, games like Arma III if possible, Battlefield 4, CS:GO etc.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? Was planning on using the software swap Reddit if that's still okay?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? No.

5. Do you need a monitor? Nope - I have a 720p TV that I will be using.

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? I'll pick up some cheap peripherals to begin with after I have the PC.

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? If I have to, yes.

8. How can you pay? Credit card/Debit card

9. When are you purchasing? Friday at the latest

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? Athlone, but I've viewed enough of walkthroughs so it should come together alright for me.

I also have no idea of where to order it as HWVS was still going when I last asked and with all that receivership stuff that's going on, I'd rather get it somewhere where I am 100% guaranteed to get it :D

Any help is appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Same as before

i3 4160 €115
    8gb RAM €55
    Decent board €70
    500w PSU €60
    1tb HDD €55
    Zalman T4 €20
    Second hand R9 280X or Radeon 7970 €195/185
    Total €530 I think