Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

BIC number confusion?

Options
  • 21-09-2015 5:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭

i was applying for the water grant today so i logged in online to get the BIC number and it shows up as BOFIIE2DXXX so i used that

i noticed after on a paper statement that there's no XXX on the BIC 

do i need to amend the application and why are there 2 different numbers in use?

thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 735 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Nicola

i was applying for the water grant today so i logged in online to get the BIC number and it shows up as BOFIIE2DXXX so i used that

i noticed after on a paper statement that there's no XXX on the BIC 

do i need to amend the application and why are there 2 different numbers in use?

thanks
    Hi mikedoherty99,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie

In addition to the first 8 characters of the BIC an optional 3-character Branch Code may be used to identify any branch of a bank. If no Branch Code is provided a default of ‘XXX’ is used in it's place but this is optional.

There is no need to make any changes in this case as either BOFIIE2D or BOFIIE2DXXX can be used.

I hope this helps.

Thanks
    Nicola

Advertisement