Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where to get foam for moses basket

Options
  • 21-09-2015 6:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

not sure if this is the right place for this but not sure where else to put it. im looking to reline my moses basket for my bro. it's a heavy wicker basket from the 70's which is in very good nick but i want to redo the lining.

Would anyone know where i could get the foam up in the dublin area? i can get the mattress no prob's. it's not the normal shaped basket either and it's not done anymore so i can't just buy the lining on line.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,801 ✭✭✭Dubl07

Try efoam.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 28,488 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Would wadding (the white polyester stuff used for patchwork quilts etc) be more suitable?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭mollybird

Dubl07 wrote: »

Thank you so much for that link. think that would be just perfect!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,041 ✭✭✭Penny Dreadful

I had a massive Moses basket - it was my Mum's originally and she had it rewoven and used it for all of us and then my two older sisters used it for their kids. Then it was mine for my baby and now my sister will be using it for her baby soon.
    It is a great one as its so big the baby fits in it for ages. I measured the basket and asked Mothercare if they had a mattress to fit and they did. It was only €15 too.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

mollybird wrote: »
    Thank you so much for that link. think that would be just perfect!!!

Just to note that it says in the FAQ that there is a 'new foam smell' which can take 6-9 weeks to dissipate. I'm not saying that it's a health hazard or anything, but if it's a strong odour it would certainly put me off putting my newborn in.

• Advertisement
Advertisement