Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need some help!

• 21-09-2015 6:58pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys. So I recently built a computer and at the time I went ahead and downloaded a Windows 8.1 ISO but it was 90 day trial version. So now the 90 days are up and I was wondering am I able to enter an OEM version of windows as a product key?

The one I'm looking as called a Windows 8.1 professional OEM key on Kinguin. Would that work as I read something about only manufactures buying them. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,673 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Keys bought on the likes of Kinguin and Reddit might work (or they mightn't) but they are not legit.

You could wipe your system and reinstall for another 90 day trial, install a free OS like any linux distro, or fork out and buy a legitimate Microsoft license...

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,073 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

Buy a system builder licence for Windows 10 Pro and use the downgrade rights to activate 8.1.

If you're going to pay money, pay for a copy where you get a legit CoA, not an email from some randomer containg a product key that may or may not get blacklisted the next time MS do a cleanup.

Advertisement