Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Switched to eVision three weeks ago. Still no TV.

Options
  • 21-09-2015 7:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭

Hi,

We switched to the €30 eFibre, eMobile and eVision bundle on Monday 31st of August.
    We were told that a technician would arrive and set everything up the following Monday (September 7th). We were told that our Sky TV would not be cut off until that date, but it was cut off on the Tuesday (2nd September)  Monday came and went without any technician showing up. When I called support on Tuesday (8th September), I was told that the system was down, and that they'd have to call me back the next day. I didn't receive a call the next day, or the following day. When I called support on the Friday (11th September) I was told the soonest a technician could be out would be the following Wednesday (16th September).
    Well, the technician actually did show up on Wednesday, and installed our eFibre and eVision boxes. When he left, the eVision box was still updating, and he told us it would be ready to use within an hour. Fast forward to the following morning, and the eVision box was still not working. When I called support, I was told to keep turning it off and on again, and it would eventually work. Well, it finally did boot up on Friday morning, I could view the TV Guide, but any time I tried to open a channel, it gave me a message saying that it was not part of my subscription. Not even the RTE channels worked. When I called support, I was told that there was a technical problem, and that the technical team should have it sorted within 24 hours, but in the meantime, I should try rebooting the modem every couple of hours. It's now Monday evening. Almost a month later, and we still have no television.

Not to play up the sob story, but this is my grandfathers television. The man is an 80 year old parkinsons sufferer. He has trouble getting around, and so cant leave the house often. He cant hold a book or newspaper, TV is pretty much his only source of entertainment, and it has been unavailable for 21 days now. He cant even watch RTE as his TV predates Saorview.

I've never had trouble with Eircom/Eir before, and I will admit that all the customer service reps and technicians were nothing but pleasant to deal with. Unfortunately that means absolutely nothing to me at this stage.

I dont really expect any actual help other than some "Hey we'll see what we can do", just wanted to share my incredibly frustrating experience, and to say that I will be contacting ComReg about this. It also goes without saying that we wont be paying any bills until this is sorted out, if we even stay with Eir after this debacle. 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭_Kaiser_

To be honest I'd cancel it as you should be within the cooling off period anyway. Give Sky a call and they'll probably do you an offer if you come back to them.

The other alternative is to get a Saorview/satellite combo box (cheap enough) and use that for the basic Irish channels and free UK stuff (ITV, BBC, Pick etc)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭eir: Tracey

Hi DjFlin

I'm sorry to hear this, feel free to PM us your details and we can take a look into this for you,

Tracey

Advertisement