Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lot of lost UK post lately (mail order)

Options
  • 21-09-2015 7:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

Lot of lost UK post lately
    Have been world wide selling for years now with very little lost post, may have lost two items in years that I would class as gone, nothing much at all and I post around 15 items per week. All my post is clearly labelled and even my senders return info is printed onto the An Post stickers.

I have lost 6 items lately, 3 of which were posted on Monday 31/8 and 3 more on the 7/9 all UK bound. On the same days I also posted some Irish and world wide item and so far I have had confirmation the some of these have arrived.

Anyone have the same problem or shed some light.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

I never post anything without tracking number to the UK due to blatant dishonesty - sometimes by postal servcie there, but mostly by recipients.

I send about 300 items a week mainly Ireland, but also UK and europe. Isn't it amazing that we only ever have "products missing" from parcels for UK customers. We now weigh and photograph all UK parcels and put a signature on the packaging tape. Amazing how people suddenly "find" the missing item when confronted with photo,parcel weight and tape signature.

We also refuse to send items to several UK people

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,391 ✭✭✭fro9etb8j5qsl2

What sort of stuff is in the parcels? Anything that might be flagged by customs? An post no longer ship anything with liquids or batteries overseas so they will seize any parcels containing these items but I presume they would inform you of this and return the parcel to you :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭dave ireland

What sort of stuff is in the parcels? Anything that might be flagged by customs? An post no longer ship anything with liquids or batteries overseas so they will seize any parcels containing these items but I presume they would inform you of this and return the parcel to you :confused:

Just T-shirts not even worth much, but its the hazzale and bad feedback I could do without.

I am now up to seven items gone missing. 3 on Monday 31/8 and 4 for Monday 7/9 and all with UK address, rest of the world and the Irish stuff all arrived and are accounted for.

Advertisement