Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The things I've had to do

Options
  • 21-09-2015 8:29pm

To have to let an undertaker take your tiny baby girl from your arms so they can poke and prod her tiny little body. To let them take your son on a two hour trip in an ambulance to see if they can save his life. To have to call your mother and tell her that one of her grandchildren is dead and the other probably won't make it and listening to her screams down the phone. To have to make a two hour trip knowing that you're only going to see your child hooked up to machines that he can never breathe without. To have to make a call to switch off the only thing keeping him alive. To ask your sister to make sure that the runners he will be buried in have Velcro so he can do them himself. To have the nurses ask for a photo of him so they know what he looked like before the accident. To ask the mortuary to wait for his sister, who was in another county, to be brought to dublin so that they could be buried together. To sleep on the sofa with two little white coffins sharing the room. To see those tiny little boxes being lowered into the ground. To go home and sit in their bedroom and try to smell their hair off their pillow. To look at all the toys they'll never get to play with again. To sit at the table to try and force some breakfast down and to see the empty highchair beside you. To have to tell the milkman not to bring the little cartons of school milk any more because they won't be needed. To have to explain to the bus driver that your children won't be getting the bus with you any more when he thinks you're having a day off. To call your son's Montessori and tell them he won't be back in September. To have to move house because the pain of living there is just too much to handle. To have to hide from the world when their first birthdays pass. He always just wanted to be four. To have to go away for Christmas because Santa wouldn't be visiting that year. To realise that the word around you is still moving and life is still going on while your world is slowly falling apart. To have to pick a headstone and be reminded to "leave space for when you die". To realise people aren't talking about your children any more. To realise that they're gone and they're not coming back and that life will never ever be the same again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Kablamo!

I'm so sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭Leogirl

There are no words. I'm so sorry you had to go through this. God bless you+ your little angels. X

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

A million condolences.

Thank you. It's a long time ago now. I've just never written it down like that before and it all hit me like a ton of bricks tonight and I just started typing. Sorry, I don't know why I posted it here. I'm not looking for advice just wanted to get the thoughts out x

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Don't apologize. Sometimes you just need to get things out and don't even know why. Hope it's helped if even just a little.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭hairyslug

Am sitting here in tears, I'm so sorry for your loss

• Registered Users Posts: 4,657 ✭✭✭Day Lewin

Love and terrible sadness, so well described. Honour to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,932 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

Such a brave , honest post to write . So sorry you had to go through all that , your strength and courage will no doubt help others to get through their darkest moments also.

Take care of yourself .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,622 ✭✭✭Ruu

Sorry for everything that you have been through. Lots of love and hugs to you. xxx PM, text if needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭Blingy

Too sad for words. Hugs to you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭beyondbelief67

To say my thoughts are with you doesn't seem enough but that's all I can say as no words seem enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,988 ✭✭✭blackcard

Heartbreaking. My thoughts are with you

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

I'm so so sorry.
    Your poor little babies. Your poor you. Your poor family.
    A massive hug across the internet to you xx

• Registered Users Posts: 1,290 ✭✭✭gonker

No words...so sorry for your loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭nikkibikki

So, so sorry for your immense loss. I know there are no words. Not sure why I clicked on your thread but as I read it, the tears are flowing for you. Nobody should have to go through this.

• Registered Users Posts: 257 ✭✭Diane Selwyn

So sorry for your awful loss. It seems to me that normal rules of time (if there actually are any) don't apply to an experience like this so and in any rate I can't imagine it's something you would ever be 'over'. If you suddenly feel a need to talk about it or examine your feelings then the most healthy thing must be to do so regardless of how long it's been.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

Whoops there are no words to express how sorry I am for your loss, your words are heartbreaking to read, I can't imagine what it's like to go through. You are one of the strongest, most inspiring posters on this site. I hope you have support there with you xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

As a parent, my heart goes out to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,420 ✭✭✭Ososlo

Not sure why I clicked this thread either as I rarely view stuff other than the athletics forum.
    My thoughts are with you W. I only 'know' you from the running forum and always have great time and respect for what you have to say.
    Take care of yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭gumgum1

Oh my god that's was the most heartbreaking thing to read I'm truly sorry you are going through this and I just wanted to type something to show that this stranger on boards is thinking of you. xx

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭ceekay74

For what it's worth, I'm so sorry for your losses. I admire the bravery in you sharing your experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,643 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I'm 10yrs on this website, and have never been affected so much by a post.

Heartbreaking to read, my thoughts go out to you. Take care.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,311 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Thank you. It's a long time ago now. I've just never written it down like that before and it all hit me like a ton of bricks tonight and I just started typing. Sorry, I don't know why I posted it here. I'm not looking for advice just wanted to get the thoughts out x
    You posted a couple of years ago about this, although not in such a moving way. It's often crossed my mind since. I'm so sorry for your loss. I've never met you, but I do think of what was taken from you from time to time. I couldn't bear it. I have no idea how you do. People closer to you might not mention your children as often as they should or could. I'm sure they think of them though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭KKkitty

I'm so sorry for all you're going through. Grief is a horrible thing. One day you're fine and the next you're floored again. It never goes away completely. Your kids would be so proud of you though so don't forget that please. In other threads I've seen you post in you seem so jolly and happy. You're a very strong person whoops and don't forget that either. Whether you're online or just at home or wherever and you need someone to talk to I'm here as are so many others. Love and big hugs xx

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

I saw your post on the main page and was drawn to it. My heart goes out to you xx

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 51,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stheno

Heartfelt wishes to you, I can't imagine that level of loss.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,302 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I'm not looking for advice just wanted to get the thoughts out x
    Do. It's better to speak about your thoughts than keeping them bottled up.

Reach out and talk to someone about it, either counselling, or holy people. Or a friend.

Or just write about it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,827 ✭✭✭fred funk }{

And there was me worrying about a poxy job I have on tomorrow.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,953 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Huge hugs :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,538 ✭✭✭brevity

I remember you briefly posting something about what happened in AH and I have always thought about it...hope you are OK and are minding yourself.

Advertisement