Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 21-09-2015 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭

Hey guys. So I recently built a computer and at the time I went ahead and downloaded a Windows 8.1 ISO but it was 90 day trial version. So now the 90 days are up and I was wondering am I able to enter an OEM version of windows as a product key?

The one I'm looking as called a Windows 8.1 professional OEM key on Kinguin. Would that work as I read something about only manufactures buying them. Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭yoyo

Most likely a MSDN key being resold. This is against the Microsoft terms and conditions so they may block the key at some point, although never heard of any instances of this happening. Best bet is to pick up a cheaper OEM copy somewhere like amazon, Elara etc. If you are a student check with your college as you may be entitled to a free copy or at least a reduced price!

Nick

Advertisement