Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on what to study for IT guy with experience but not formal education

Options
  • 21-09-2015 8:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm looking for advise on what to study in order to progress in my career.

I've been working in software development and testing for about 10 years, (as developer, automation engineer, team leader, pm, etc...)I'm already 29 but I never finished my degree (I did 3 years of computer science from 2004 to 2007 in Argentina so I don't think it matters).

I'm looking for something part time so I can continue working, to be honest what I want is just a title to add in the cv, and be able to do a master later.

I've seen this degree "BSc (Honours) Degree in Digital Technology, Design and Innovation" given by the Digital Skill academy which is only one year (I don't really get how can it be just one year for a degree), the program is really basic but what I'm looking for is just something to say I have a degree, do you think this is worthy?

I also saw the Higher Diploma in Science in Computing by the NCI.
    How does a higher diploma compares with the BSc honours?

What other courses, diplomas, degrees, etc would you recommend?

Thanks in advance!

Advertisement