Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Good Wife Season 7 *Spoilers*

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,015 ✭✭✭furiousox

It's back, after the mid-season break.
    Poor episode though. :(

CPL 593H

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,730 ✭✭✭✭Fred Swanson

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,676 ✭✭✭strandroad

Wow I might start watching it again, I dropped out because of the dreadful elections stuff but you make it sound like fun.

What happened to Kalinda in the end? Is she gone for good?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

The tour bus material was great, full of depth and edge; both Florricks essentially emotionally ruined by episodes end. Great stuff, proper drama. Then, just when things were hotting up, we kept cutting back to the DOA material in Lockhart, Agos & Lee; it really is a millstone around the shows neck at this stage, and the attempts to give that office things to do amount to screenwriting busy work, it's terrible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

The $2m is going to feature later in the series me thinks - once Alicia hears about it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 87,605 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

If this is renewed, this more likely will be Alan Cumming last season as Eli

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 60,912 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

If Eli goes I go.

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

I like newbie Lucca

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

I thought Alicia pouring her heart out to Lucca in the most recent episode painful to watch. Not in a good way though - thought her acting of the scene was not great.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭cmac2009

northgirl wrote: »
    I thought Alicia pouring her heart out to Lucca in the most recent episode painful to watch. Not in a good way though - thought her acting of the scene was not great.

Totally agree, was awful to watch.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 36,711 CMod ✭✭✭✭pixelburp

Good; season 7 started with renewed vigour, but gradually the cracks have shown and the show has clearly run out of ideas and steam. We're just dawdling around the same threads.

Cary and Diane are passengers, Dianes recent inclusion in the student arbitration 'plot' was narrative busy work, and with yet ANOTHER invitation to Alicia to rejoin the coeporate fold, the writers don't seem to know what to do with her anymore. Hard to think myself what'd be a suitable send off.

The Good Wife died with Will Gardner. :cool:

CPL 593H

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,994 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

pixelburp wrote: »
    Good; season 7 started with renewed vigour, but gradually the cracks have shown and the show has clearly run out of ideas and steam. We're just dawdling around the same threads.

Cary and Diane are passengers, Dianes recent inclusion in the student arbitration 'plot' was narrative busy work, and with yet ANOTHER invitation to Alicia to rejoin the coeporate fold, the writers don't seem to know what to do with her anymore. Hard to think myself what'd be a suitable send off.

i don't quite get the criticism of arbitration plot and the 'old age discrimination in a big corporation in comparison to the good wifes start-up' plot are these not the topical issues they've always tackled. The series has been struggling and going round in circles but I don't think those plots were to blame.

i don't quite get the criticism of arbitration plot and the 'old age discrimination in a big corporation in comparison to the good wifes start-up' plot are these not the topical issues they've always tackled. The series has been struggling and going round in circles but I don't think those plots were to blame.

It's not the plots themselves I object to - clearly Good Wife has ploughed a very successful furrow in merging topical American issues into a primetime drama - it has more been the sensation that Cary, Diana & co. have been adrift from the rest of the show for a while.

Dropping in on Howard's spat with Cary just felt like marking time; there was no agency, no sense these stories had anywhere to go for anyone. Suddenly being asked to care about a character hitherto sketched intentionally as an incompetent bumbling waste of space felt like the writers just gave up trying to give Cary, or his firm, something to do.

I'd watch an Eli or Canning spin off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    I'd watch an Eli or Canning spin off

Me too.

Wouldn't mind Elsbeth turning up for guest spots either (not too much, so you don't get tired of her). There were loads of great minor characters that it will be a shame to lose.

Anyone watching?
    So what did Peter do?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭maudgonner

Yeah, very flat. Felt like they took an interesting direction at the start of this season with Alicia in bond court and now they've done a complete about turn on that and gone back to boring-town. Marissa was great though.

One good thing about the show coming to an end is that we won't have to hear about Chumhum, the most annoying company name in the world, any more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,434 ✭✭✭northgirl

maudgonner wrote: »
    Yeah, very flat. Felt like they took an interesting direction at the start of this season with Alicia in bond court and now they've done a complete about turn on that and gone back to boring-town. Marissa was great though.

One good thing about the show coming to an end is that we won't have to hear about Chumhum, the most annoying company name in the world, any more.

Love Marissa & Eli - they are great! It's just not making any sense Alicia being back and relatively "under the thumb" of Diane and Cary..

Why are the feds suddenly after Peter though, what have they got on him?

CPL 593H

7 episodes left, final episode due to air on May 8th.

CPL 593H

Monday's episode wasn't great, even with the appearance of Elsbeth Tascioni; plus, with the knowledge that this is the likely last season, it feels like the narrative is just spinning its wheels until an inevitable series-finale plotline pops up in the last couple of episodes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,962 ✭✭✭✭dark crystal

The final episode will probably end up where we started - Peter will go to prison, but this time, Alicia divorces him; no longer the 'Good Wife'.

Either that, or Will reappears in the shower, revealing the entire last two seasons were just a dream! :p

It's all over the place now, just wrap it up for gods sake. :(

CPL 593H

Very disappointing set of episodes & it feels like the show might be going out with a bit of a whimper. The 'tension' of the all-female partners thread is non-existent, and how many times across the show's entire run has Alicia had a proposal for partnership offered to her? It's like a game of musical chairs. The same goes for Peter's FBI investigation; it has a fierce stink of 'who cares?' about it. The complete absence of Chris Noth doesn't help sell the stakes either.

Still though, the material at the start was pretty funny, and ... uhm, Julliana Margulies padding around in a shirt is not the worst way to start an episode of TV :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,089 ✭✭✭Lavinia

I am enjoying the latest episodes, heard this is the final season so I will miss the gang : )

Latest episode was ok, apart from the ridiculous "happy ending".

CPL 593H

Another episode down and things are slowly starting to happen.
    At this stage it won't feel like any huge loss when it's gone.
    Anyone still watching.........anyone?

CPL 593H

Yes still watching, but knowing it's the final season I've developed a sense of simply getting it over with. Had it been renewed for an 8th season, I probably would have bailed completely a few episodes back. I've got this far though & overall the show will certainly remain an excellent, well written & intelligent drama in the majority; the swansong however has simply developed into a tedious winding down exercise, albeit with no clear agenda in sight, or an arc worth a damn.

(Only two episodes left)

Another below par episode this week, it felt like a stage play with characters entering from the wings, saying their goodbyes and and exiting stage right.
    The only positive note was The Pixies song they used in the soundtrack.
    Me & mrs ox have been watching TGW from the very beginning and we watched season one/episode one on netflix the other night for the craic.
    God it used to be such a good show, it really went into a terminal decline when the Will Gardner character left.
    Ayway, this is a worth a listen especially if you haven't heard it before.

CPL 593H

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,664 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hyzepher

I'm thinking Diane's husband is at the heart of the Peter issue.

Hyzepher wrote: »
    I'm thinking Diane's husband is at the heart of the Peter issue.
    so why didn't Eli go talk to him at the party? argghh, he was right there but they wanted to save it till the next episode

I quite liked that recent episode: that it felt like a stage play actually made things feel more dramatic and focused, as we spun between rooms and watched each progressive fire break out. There was more energy in that episode than a lot of season 7, and you could sorta tell those in production knew the end was nigh. Not that the funeral flowers weren't an obvious nod, but the zip and playfulness in the casts performances felt like they were just enjoying themselves for these last couple of episodes. Hopefully that pace is maintained and the show may yet go out on a high.

• Advertisement

The show finale tonight and part of me really hopes it ends bad for Alicia.

A complete damp squib of a finale.

That's disappointing.
    I'll watch it tonight but I've already read most of the spoilers online.

CPL 593H

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

I thought it was a great ending and a nice nod to the very first episode where Alicia slaps Peter in the hallway.
    You can interpret it as Alicia turning into her husband (as she threw Diane under the bus). She's no longer the good wife.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

I thought it was a great ending and a nice nod to the very first episode where Alicia slaps Peter in the hallway.
    You can interpret it as Alicia turning into her husband (as she threw Diane under the bus). She's no longer the good wife.

IMO Diane would have done the same thing to hear. She disposed of Cary and David Lee to make an all female firm. Diane has to be the most self-centred character in the show without any morals.

I think it was an okay ending. The whole last season was a bit of a mess

What did Alicia do to Diane?

CPL 593H

• Advertisement

furiousox wrote: »
    What did Alicia do to Diane?

Got Lucca to ask Kurt on the stand and under oath if he had an affair with the hot blonde.

Got Lucca to ask Kurt on the stand and under oath if he had an affair with the hot blonde.
    we never got the answer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

we never got the answer

It was obvious though. I didn't need an answer from Kurt.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭The Cool

I was really annoyed at the ending! I appreciate the symbolism of her roles being completely swapped, but it raised more questions than it answered. What about Jason? Is that the end of Alicia and Diane having a firm together? Gah!

• Advertisement
Advertisement