Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESTA

Options
  • 21-09-2015 10:54pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭

Is this the visa for taking a holiday?

I've got booked and it was all straight forward but I'm just checking and making sure.

I filled in the form a few weeks ago and I forgot if they asked me about dates.

I went back to check but there was only the option of updating the address you will be staying at.

My question is, I have a week booked but would it be a problem if I change my plans and book another week. Or am I stuck with what I've got.

Edit: Never mind, my flights can't be changed. There is so much things to see and do. I want to stay longer.

But ESTA is the holiday visa, is that correct?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

No...it is the visa waiver (ie..not a visa)

it is good for 2 years - and you can stay for up to 90 days at a time so extending your trip within that parameter will be no problems. When you enter the country, the officer will ask how long do you intend to stay for...then stamp your passport and you're in!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

No, ESTA is the visa waiver program. It allows you to stay/travel in the US for up to 90 days without a visa. So if you wanted to say longer you could as long as it's 90 days or less. It also lasts 2 years so if you go back next year you don't have to reapply.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 360 ✭✭The Dogs Bollix

So with the ESTA, I'm all good to enter the USA?

Sorry for the stupid questions. It sounds very easy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

So with the ESTA, I'm all good to enter the USA?

Sorry for the stupid questions. It sounds very easy.

yep! it's linked to your passport, when they scan it, they'll see your details and confirm them with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Viva La Gloria

Just to chime in here, when you apply for the ESTA don't be alarmed if your application takes a day or two to clear. Most of the time it's cleared immediately but the last time I applied for it it took a day or two to go through. That's totally normal though when you consider the amount of people applying for it every day!

• Advertisement
Advertisement