Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any have a Asrock Z68 Pro 3 Motherboard?

Options
  • 22-09-2015 1:14am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭

I updated the Bios to see would it fix a few issues I was having and it actually did but it's caused some much worse problems with Fans and Temps so I need to go back to whatever the Bios was before.

I've upgraded to 2.1, I think the version was 1.6 before hand....I did it spur of the moment, I was just so fed up with it.

Does anybody have this Board with the original Bios it came with on it, that they could put up on Dropbox or similar?

And know a way to downgrade back to it as their doesn't seem to be an official way to downgrade these Boards?

Failing all that, can I buy new official Bios chips from somewhere?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I updated the Bios to see would it fix a few issues I was having and it actually did but it's caused some much worse problems with Fans and Temps so I need to go back to whatever the Bios was before.

When you upgraded the bios did you reset all the BIOS settings back to their defaults first? Then configure them for your system again?

In theory, the new version of the bios could be misreading the old settings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭_Tombstone_

When you upgraded the bios did you reset all the BIOS settings back to their defaults first? Then configure them for your system again?

In theory, the new version of the bios could be misreading the old settings.

Hi creepy,

No I didn't, I followed the instructions but they didn't say anything about resetting first. Is their a way to wipe old BIOS, if it actually is the cause?

I've been in settings putting them back where they should be but its no use.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

Typically the BIOS menu has a "reset to factory" / "reset to default" option.

I just have a vague memory of having to do that with an old motherboard many, many years ago.
    Just make sure you record all the old settings if you need to restore them.... assuming your BIOS upgrade didn't wipe them already and that's the issue you're having now...

But maybe the guys in the PC Building & Upgrading or Overclocking forums might have more experience with this.

Il have a look and see is their a reset option in there somewhere. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Typically the BIOS menu has a "reset to factory" / "reset to default" option.

I just have a vague memory of having to do that with an old motherboard many, many years ago.
    Just make sure you record all the old settings if you need to restore them.... assuming your BIOS upgrade didn't wipe them already and that's the issue you're having now...

But maybe the guys in the PC Building & Upgrading or Overclocking forums might have more experience with this.

This will just reset the settings stored in CMOS (or EEPROM these days). There won't be a backup of the actual BIOS unless there's dual-BIOS functionality, which that board doesn't have.

But since Asrock don't allow downgrading your only option really is to replace the entire chip.

You can get it here and request it be flashed with the older BIOS version from here.

• Advertisement

Thanks for the links Maki, I'd come across a chip on Ebay but at 3 times the price and looking at the questions asked in yours, it probably wouldn't have been right when it got here.

What do you make of the instructions for updating these boards here?

I'll give it a go anyway with the Bios you linked, I wouldn't trust there one. See how it goes!

Completely different when unzipped.

New Chip it is! Boo!

Advertisement